id like to make a correction to the original article: sam harris is actually good; so is evo psych. Also, religion is the root of evil. FMRIS can solve ethics and philosophy of mind. Thank you.
Update: i am back on my shit. more harris bashing very soon
keep it comin
He'll yeah.
[account deactivated]
what about nasal voice dweeb ben shitpiro?
This video wholly discredits Shapiro
[account deactivated]
There's nothing that makes me want to consider acceleration-ism more than the idea that even one young person thinks Ben Shapiro is cool.

He dressed up as John Adams every year for Halloween from the age of 5

Ben "Zyklon Ben" Shapiro

she dooooo e: read this as "I think my girlfriend hates me"

Edited by chickeon ()

turns out that when you chose a position as defensible as Race Science even ezra klein can destroy you

https://samharris.org/ezra-klein-editor-chief/
That is one pathetic "rebuttal"... to argue, "Any measurable difference between races in Amerika is due to centuries of slavery and apartheid that continue in the present" isn't going to mean jack to those who can say "You are fake news" and just imagine history to be anything whatsoever. As I see it, we can show that differences between individuals of the same race are several orders of magnitude greater than the differences between average individuals of different races. Which instantly makes the point moot since the purpose of asking these questions at all is to say whether discrimination is Fucktually, Good
you can also show the several orders of geometric magnitude between the portion of the universe where humans of any race can survive for more than a few seconds unaided vs. every other part of it, and suggest we stick the mightiest whitey and any given opponent into the same 1,000,000 cubic miles selected at random from across all of Creation to see who builds the best moon machine factory. After that you can offer to cut it back to just a random million within the orbit of Neptune, then the volume of Earth
[account deactivated]

cars posted:

you can also show the several orders of geometric magnitude between the portion of the universe where humans of any race can survive for more than a few seconds unaided vs. every other part of it, and suggest we stick the mightiest whitey and any given opponent into the same 1,000,000 cubic miles selected at random from across all of Creation to see who builds the best moon machine factory. After that you can offer to cut it back to just a random million within the orbit of Neptune, then the volume of Earth

related, this line of thinking is my favorite rebuttal to people who say "ah, the universe is precisely calibrated for life" like motherfucker have you considered the volume of it where your eyes would instantly boil

haha I knew he'd fuck up bad at some point.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
AGreed. Also, I present a solemn pledge to the wardens of this forum. The time has come - tomorrow I have an entire day to edit and finish my work. If I do not post my completed Sam Harris Takedown Part II by the end of tomorrow, the 30th of March (2400 AEST) i demand to be ifapped. Thank you.

the time at the tone is 01:01 AEST, March 31, 2018

Edited by tears ()

invoking the boxx clause

cars posted:

*Cars suffocating in the vacuum of deep space, pleading, supplicating* gas

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

related, this line of thinking is my favorite rebuttal to people who say "ah, the universe is precisely calibrated for life" like motherfucker have you considered the volume of it where your eyes would instantly boil

yeah it's a miracle we exist at all. kermit dot jpeg.

no matter how shitty the reputation of atheism gets online i will die on that hill because the issue was never atheism it was atheism divorced from material considerations, which was marx's argument and how idiots like harris say that terrorists are violent not because of the world around them but because they read a book
been 5 hours of solid writing and editing and I have about 8000 good words now. Few more hours and she'll be ready to go
Bonza mate. You little rippa.

Gibbonstrength posted:

been 5 hours of solid writing and editing and I have about 8000 good words now. Few more hours and she'll be ready to go

*cough*

gibbonstrength is in jail now, rip and good luck. but this continues to be the most popular article ever posted. just was cleaning up the rhizzone email box and noticed someone dug through the site to find the email just to write:

Just read your post on Sam Harris being a Fraud.
All I have to say is.... WOW
And again... WOW.

You have captured brilliantly and in detail everything I've been thinking for YEARS....
I was especially delighted to read about his forays into "neuroscience".
I suspected everything you describe, but never realized how dead on I was.
Thank you, I will revisit and "quote mine" this post for sure. LOL!

(no, lurkers, post-by-email is not a new thing you can do, just sign up for a goddamn account already)

The Institute objects to the representation of Gibbonstrength's voluntary and temporary admission to IFAP as a punitive act. rip
let them out
got into it with sam harris fanboys on twitter when they said "i can't think of anyone on the Intellectual Dark Web who acts like a victim" and i pointed out that Sam Harris constantly complains about being victimized by unfair criticism and their response was yes, he does, but hes right, and uhhhhhhhh
lol. the "Intellectual dark web" is the performance of victimhood reified. lol

swampman posted:

let them out

i PMd Gibbonstrength. this is a catchphrase now.

intellectual dork web

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

the Intellectual Dark Web

oh for fuck's sake kill me now

Apparently this asshole is doing a stadium tour of Europe along with Jordan Peterson, including Dublin. I was initially shocked that they're confident they could fill an enormous space but turns out 12 Rules for Life was a bestseller here too, so I guess they quite possibly can between the two of them. Can't wait for the country to be rocked by Logic and Facts at long last.

http://3arena.ie/artist/an-evening-with-sam-harris-jordan-peterson-douglas-murray/2317
[account deactivated]
chase em thhe fuck outta town
[account deactivated]

pescalune posted:

Apparently this asshole is doing a stadium tour of Europe along with Jordan Peterson, including Dublin. I was initially shocked that they're confident they could fill an enormous space but turns out 12 Rules for Life was a bestseller here too, so I guess they quite possibly can between the two of them. Can't wait for the country to be rocked by Logic and Facts at long last.

http://3arena.ie/artist/an-evening-with-sam-harris-jordan-peterson-douglas-murray/2317

i dont really understand how this could possibly be "the WOODSTOCK of live speaking & debate"