toyotathon posted:

11x17s

I feel like this is the marxist equivalent of the one-eyed gas station owner in horror movies

toyotathon posted:

he introduced himself as an 'historical idealist'

when the fuck do you guys get over here in nordic europa so i can kick the shit out of you revisionist pieces of shits.

yeah man

i told u i was hardcore

GroverBabyFurr posted:

when the fuck do you guys get over here in nordic europa so i can kick the shit out of you revisionist pieces of shits.

yeah man

i told u i was hardcore

thank you, groverbabyfurr

lo posted:

GroverBabyFurr posted:

yeah man

i told u i was hardcore

thank you, groverbabyfurr

it's MaggotMaster to you.

success, im going back to university for training, phase 1 of the communist infiltration plan is complete, lets hope phase 2 isnt dytd from stress like last time XD
congrats tears.
i found drinking moderately, and livin the snoop dogg lifestyle, can help with the stress.

i'm just about to head to my first left coast protest, supposed to be a big one with plenty of first nations. (it's at lake city skytrain station at 10;30ish for any lower mainland people)
coast protests bring out pretty weird crowds, have fun. special request: there are going to be some counter-protestors coming all the way out from alberta just to be shitheads, give them a death glare from me.
also there are going to be some real excellent indigenous activist groups there, please help them to not get arrested/brutalized by our racist stormtrooper pigs by being a white body on the scene: it really does make them hesitate to bring out the top tier scumbag violence tactics if a white boy is gonna get hurt because unlike their usual victims the media will actually talk to you afterwards.

protip if you're not used to chanting for hours: bring Fisherman's Friends. this is an official endorsement. they'll stave off getting hoarse as long as you keep suckin on em
trip report: grover furr talk

i went down to telegraph on daylight savings, arriving late as usual. only when i opened the door, i was very early. i got to speak to grover furr for a little and he told me that j. sakai's settlers was not Marxist but i forgive him for that. then he gave a good speech on trotsky's collaboration with the Germans and Japanese during WWII. question and answers were long but there was a sizable trotskyist contingent there asking some questions and stuff.

The highlight of the meeting was when one of the few black folks in there announced loudly that Trotsky was the "king rat" while another guy was waving around "The Revolution Betrayed". I thought the prison framing was an interesting angle.
i thought i was late so i was not prepared to talk with Professor Furr and immediately felt myself qualifying to him and trying to present myself in the most academic light as possible. then he asked me how i found out about the talk - i didnt want to say that I PMed forums user "toyotathon" but I did tell him that he's pretty popular on our website (im sorry i spilled the beans) and as he wrote down "rhizzone.net" in his little red book i felt a need to try and tell him "don't go there", alas i couldnt find the heart

there was a reception afterward which wouldve been really fun to go to but since i was alone and no goons were with me i went home, disheartened.

on another note, did you guys know they are charging a 35% tax on weed sold in berkeley? haha that shit is fucked
lmfao. well if he says settlers isnt marxist we shouldnt let him register. thats my stance
[account deactivated]
i was helping set up chairs with Prof Furr and for some reason saying some of the books popular on this website, so i started with a good crossover hit "another view of stalin" and then mentioned "settlers" and sort of said "oh well that's not marxist" and walked off a little bit. probably "muh american communist revolution" or something. maybe hes a bernie bro.

Themselves posted:

i was helping set up chairs with Prof Furr

top tier event socialization maneuver

let him register and then immediately ifap him
What did he think of Martens? Don't they differ in that Martens says "some of this stuff happened but it was justified or overblown" vs Furr who denies some of the events outright? Haven't actually read a ton of Furr
They say you should never meet your heroes
Furr and Sakai's work aren't really in the same fields, (to my knowledge), so I don't know if Furr was saying much as a historian and more as line for praxis (not that I think Sakai is anywhere near as defeatist as many put him out to be) and I didn't ask a question during Q&A because I didn't want to distract from his talk. They were clear that the questions should have to do with his work, so I tried to respect that.

I could've interrogated him further but there were doughnuts people - doughnuts.
rhizzone project: browbeat grover furr III into accepting that both stalin did nothing wrong AND that settlers is marxist, the rarest of all pokemon
suspended w/o pay for insubordination

karphead posted:

let him register and then immediately ifap him

the Institute's provisional assessment is that i'll let him out like i let tpaine out, and I will never Log out.

Themselves posted:

Furr and Sakai's work aren't really in the same fields, (to my knowledge), so I don't know if Furr was saying much as a historian and more as line for praxis (not that I think Sakai is anywhere near as defeatist as many put him out to be) and I didn't ask a question during Q&A because I didn't want to distract from his talk. They were clear that the questions should have to do with his work, so I tried to respect that.

I could've interrogated him further but there were doughnuts people - doughnuts.

In terms of current intra-"left" politics Sakai tends to speak at anarchist events so that may have something to do with it, since politics live and there's a reason why they want to hear him speak. But as chief anarcho basher (ret.) on this forum though, it's nbd to me

I was talking more about Furr's thoughts on Another View by Martens, but I can see him not liking Sakai. Honestly, not a lot of people seem to like Sakai, for reasons beyond my grasp. A lot of PSL twitter was bashing settlers recently, and I think people just assume it's crazy Maoist shit without actually reading it
people are stupid and dont read shit
settlers is just Lenin's labour aristocracy with Amerikan Characteristics

rolaids posted:

I was talking more about Furr's thoughts on Another View by Martens, but I can see him not liking Sakai. Honestly, not a lot of people seem to like Sakai, for reasons beyond my grasp. A lot of PSL twitter was bashing settlers recently, and I think people just assume it's crazy Maoist shit without actually reading it

well i mean

"Praising." I spit
if Marx had lived another year, Capital would have been ten times as long, a thousand times more powerful and wholly capable of 300% sychronization without a plugsuit

rolaids posted:

What did he think of Martens? Don't they differ in that Martens says "some of this stuff happened but it was justified or overblown" vs Furr who denies some of the events outright? Haven't actually read a ton of Furr

As Furr says, "I have yet to find a single crime that Stalin has committed." He said that there, too, as a summary of his works haha. Didn't get much of a comment on Martens as I mentioned the book as a way of praising the work Furr does.

Horselord posted:

rolaids posted:

well i mean

ah, the pathetic shallow childishness of twitter. nevermind little things like context and tone, we've got some punching left to do!!

[account deactivated]

Petrol posted:

Horselord posted:
rolaids posted:

well i mean

ah, the pathetic shallow childishness of twitter. nevermind little things like context and tone, we've got some punching left to do!!

i'm not sure in what context its ok to give a mien kampf a positive review

the context is an anti-fascist article written for a left wing audience. he's clearly being tongue in cheek and having a pop at leftist writers for being unnecessarily dry, thus limiting their audience at a time when hitler of all people is getting reprinted in popular condensed form. it's worse than disingenuous for these twitter fucklords to screenshot that footnote and pretend sakai is in any way endorsing Adolf Hitler Thought

Horselord posted:

Petrol posted:
Horselord posted:
rolaids posted:

well i mean

i'm not sure in what context its ok to give a mien kampf a positive review

piss

i always had a feeling you were stupid but now i know for sure . cool

elias posted:

i always had a feeling you were stupid but now i know for sure . cool

thats fine because i don't know who you are. perhaps i'm too "off line" to appreciate sarcasm in reviews of hitler's books from weirdos

Edited by Horselord ()

Horselord posted:

perhaps i'm too "off line" to appreciate sarcasm in reviews of hitler's books from weirdos

you might want to actually read the article the footnote was taken from. http://kersplebedeb.com/posts/shock/

if the idea is to slander sakai im sure we can find better quotes

"Hitler is still being underestimated by the left. He was a brilliant, exciting leader who yearned for, fought for, dangerous changes far more radical than anything anyone imagined back then"

oh noooo! hey its under 280 characters

Edited by Chthonic_Goat_666 ()

a
i did read the article back in febuary and it's still a very strange thing to say. in an era where masking fascism in irony is literally in nazi newspapers' writers guides i don't think that kind of joke is a good idea or funny. some things should be left alone

to be honest i don't have a problem with sakai or his work. whats getting to be annoying is the way that "read settlers" has become a catchphrase for weird radical posing liberals in defence of anticommunist rhetoric from compradors. the solution is probably to log off and organise in real life