overall i feel it's one of the more pathetic things about the far right online that their conversations focus on the perceived individual cultural enemy of the moment. they do that because they have no substance to their politics & it's not a good model to follow, as long as capitalism exists there's probably always going to be some Anglo-American guy falling on his ass over and over as he tries to stunt on French theorists he hasn't read, while a bunch of unemployed engineers jerk off and it's nbd
but im glad mugabe glasses posted here again though. that's good.

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

stego do you still have that rage comic i made of you confronting the alleged police agent on the dumbass racist incest gamer forum.

i uh, dont have that. sorry. theres a new forum if you want to join it. stardust.vg

stegosaurus posted:

stego do you still have that rage comic i made of you confronting the alleged police agent on the dumbass racist incest gamer forum.

i uh, dont have that. sorry. theres a new forum if you want to join it. stardust.vg

5. Please do not discuss the following topics, unless highly and immediately relevant to a particular game:
i. Politics
ii. World news
iii. Other forums
iv. Games journalists -- feel free to discuss interesting, insightful or funny articles/videos/etc, but railing on about games journalists or constantly getting angry at every bad take is not welcome.
v. Webcomics

hard pass

blinkandwheeze posted:

the post-political anarchic retreat to individualist religious identarianism & mythic white nationalism has been the primary mode of development for western fascism for decades. while peterson himself may not be particularly significant the line of thought he embodies is far more in line with a genuinely american expression of fascistic intellectual development & i doubt will dissipate

As demonstrated in thor: ragnarok

Thor: Ragnarok is an homage to The Triumph of the Will, it even features leitmotifs in the score (reifenstahl scored triumph of the will with wagner) and it spells out everything the settlers want

Edited by swampman ()

Edited by swampman ()

i just logged on to the bad game web forum and decided to read the wife thread for an hour which was definitely a bad idea

It's strange how many lesser atheists still engage in magical thinking, toward jung, Buddhism, the singularity, etc. I don't think this proves that there's some inherent impulse toward religion btw, simply that their approach isn't materialist so they've got a huge blind spot for anything that presents itself draped in the cloak of Science

Atheist, Lesser (4 HD)

sam harris is kind of like jordan peterson, not just in that he's a reactionary figure presiding as a logic liberal, but also that he's convinced a lot of them that what is obviously magic is actually Science, which i Fucking Love. harris is the prime mover of the idea that buddhism is More of a Philosophy, Not a Religion, and that its major claims have been proven by science. which is weird because i missed the story from CERN that they had discovered proof that the self is locked in an eternal cycle of reincarnation into six realms including the mortal, demonic and hungry ghost realms depending on the morality of ones' acts as judged by compliance with the teachings of the Bodhisattvas

bit188 posted:

i just logged on to the bad game web forum and decided to read the wife thread for an hour which was definitely a bad idea

yeah. For the last couple years I’ve posted in like 2 threads and ignored everything else

he's an unbelievably delusional narcissist nazi man and im going to destroy him. paglia is still an ilitterate Spengler for incel diaper nerds if anyone was wondering

Belphegor posted:

Rule 8 Tell the truth – or, at least, don’t lie

Rule 9 Assume that the person you are listening to might know something you don’t

he does the opposite of these constantly and is in general absurdly hypocritical even on his own braindead petulant child terms

mugabe_glasses posted:

ALSO ANOTHER thing that really chuffs me is that I think an evolutionary lens for understanding psychology is really important but he gets fucking EVERYthing wrong, as so many evopsych dipshits do, where they conflate cultural traits that have been learned with BIOTRUTHS about those behaviors as specific mechanisms that have evolved and are inherent to our hardwire, completely dismissing symbolic thought as an inheritance system in itself and the incredible plasticity of our brains, ignoring fundamental questions about how we learn or whatever, and FUCK YOU FOOLS FOR PROPAGATING THIS TERRIBLE SCIENCE I HATE YOU

he talks about it all the time but as far as i can tell he knows absolutely nothing about evolution at all, or biology more generally. never see him called out on it either, and he goes a step further than most dipshit evopsych nerds by positing that literally everything every aspect of society and culture is the product of evolution including markets and presumably Nazism genocide etc. Like Hitler and the boys however he places his real and imagined enemies outside of these realm of natural and necessary "evolution" and do pogroms until Order and Tradition are restored and secured

reactionary figure presiding as a logic liberal

peterson is the most obvious proof yet that these are and have been the same thing to begin with. REAd Losurdo

swampman posted:

Thor: Ragnarok is an homage to The Triumph of the Will, it even features leitmotifs in the score (reifenstahl scored triumph of the will with wagner)

Having not seen the film or any of Marvel's recent productions, I'd suspect that was probably an aesthetic-commercial decision made by the studio given the usual soundtrack in Marvel movies (outside of maybe Guardians of the Galaxy which is 99% James Gunn's favorite 60s/70s/80s pop songs and a memorable theme song and its variations) rather than a covert appeal to the nazis. See: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/thor-ragnarok-composer-acknowledges-marvel-scores-sound-same-1054503

Also as an aside, I'm wondering what are the general musical tastes of the altright atm? German Romanticism (i.e. Wagner preludes)? Parody Pepe Covers of pop songs made with vocoders (not to be mistaken with the evangelical fascists, who have the talent/resources to use their own undistorted voices http://www.godhatesfags.com/audio/parodies.html) ? Neofolk/Nazipunk? EDM? Ace of Base?

sam harris is kind of like jordan peterson, not just in that he's a reactionary figure presiding as a logic liberal, but also that he's convinced a lot of them that what is obviously magic is actually Science, which i Fucking Love. harris is the prime mover of the idea that buddhism is More of a Philosophy, Not a Religion, and that its major claims have been proven by science. which is weird because i missed the story from CERN that they had discovered proof that the self is locked in an eternal cycle of reincarnation into six realms including the mortal, demonic and hungry ghost realms depending on the morality of ones' acts as judged by compliance with the teachings of the Bodhisattvas

imo, it's much more worthwhile to do what Gibbonstrength did for Harris in his front page article here, or what the Viewpoint article did for the thread topic, and describe the exact ways they're frauds as self-described experts.

It doesn't matter that none of their worshipers are going to accept that or really even understand why it's the case since those guys have followers because they tell people what they want to hear in ways they can parrot. But exactly because their cults are nothing but a gigantic argument from authority, stunting on them with take-downs of their false gods' qualifications, that's far more effective than alternatives when there's an uninformed or undecided audience observing the argument. Then you can just dismiss anything they offer from those guys by saying Oh yeah that's the guy I already explained knows nothing about the topic, moving on...

mugabe_glasses posted:

ALSO ANOTHER thing that really chuffs me is that I think an evolutionary lens for understanding psychology is really important but he gets fucking EVERYthing wrong, as so many evopsych dipshits do, where they conflate cultural traits that have been learned with BIOTRUTHS about those behaviors as specific mechanisms that have evolved and are inherent to our hardwire, completely dismissing symbolic thought as an inheritance system in itself and the incredible plasticity of our brains, ignoring fundamental questions about how we learn or whatever, and FUCK YOU FOOLS FOR PROPAGATING THIS TERRIBLE SCIENCE I HATE YOU

^like, fleshing this out from the perspective of a competent expert or practitioner would be a good article/OP imo, ganbatte. i've seen the poster of this thread link some stuff to that effect iirc.

wasted posted:

swampman posted:

Thor: Ragnarok is an homage to The Triumph of the Will, it even features leitmotifs in the score (reifenstahl scored triumph of the will with wagner)

Having not seen the film or any of Marvel's recent productions, I'd suspect that was probably an aesthetic-commercial decision

I removed my other tweets above bc they werent really interesting but the movie ends with a rebellious badboy with a shaved head killing lots of the Slay Queen's soldiers with his dual AR-15s thus saving the Asgard race. Then they nuke their homeland to purify it and Thor points out that anywhere his people go is rightfully their homeland. Also the other place in the movie that is not Asgard is a world made entirely of garbage.

babyhueypnewton posted:

He is notable only because he has to vocalize white male settlerism which means it's already dead rather than hegemonic as common sense.

I think the exact opposite is precise, he is notable only in so far as he is "noted", i.e. endorsed and promoted precisely because all he is doing is personifying and espousing a vulgarized form of white male settlerism (capitalist orthodoxy) which remains hegemonic despite pretenses to the contrary; this is why he is adored and lavished with all manner of flattery and exposure by the liberal media in our ostensibly postracial postideological etc little shit hell of a culture mode of production etc. He's enunciating and reinforcing the prevailing but unspoken orthodoxies which never ceased being operative hhere in the imperial core

chickeon posted:

I think the exact opposite is precise, he is notable only in so far as he is "noted", i.e. endorsed and promoted precisely because all he is doing is personifying and espousing a vulgarized form of white male settlerism (capitalist orthodoxy) which remains hegemonic despite pretenses to the contrary; this is why he is adored and lavished with all manner of flattery and exposure by the liberal media in our ostensibly postracial postideological etc little shit hell of a culture mode of production etc. He's enunciating and reinforcing the prevailing but unspoken orthodoxies which never ceased being operative hhere in the imperial core

and it doesn't hurt that the argument in question supports the idea that all the people prominent in the Western news media are the right people to tell everyone else what is and isn't true and what to about it, even if the guy himself and most of his cult probably tend to pretend-hate any given media figure.

So most of the prominent media people are just going to read about what he has to say and think, Yeah well he's right that I'm successful because I'm superior so he should just take his own medicine and listen to me and vote Hillary and write articles on why Amazon ad campaigns for bourgeois lesbian marriage registries are woke.

That sort of thinking is part of what defines your average bourgeois Democrat or Labor Party intellectual nowadays. It's why they were so easily played by the U.S. deep state fuck-over on Putin & the 2016 election, because that brand of liberals' whole M.O. involves half-convincing themselves of attack lines based on their opponents' own lines of thinking to demonstrate those opponents' "hypocrisy", and as always, the result is that the argument is just turned around on them instantly by people much more at home with those ideas. So now Trump supporters are talking about how Clinton and Michael Moore are Moscow's paid agents. And that also serves the purpose of the deep state in other ways by ginning up general paranoia to keep them funded, so they're hardly going to jump in to help their supposed new Democrat allies. And it's the same thing here, the "left-wing" liberals in the media are unable to keep themselves from promoting this guy's ideas because their own ideas aren't significantly different, about "post-modernism", about Western culture, etc., but especially about their own class within society.

tbh i didn't think he was really worth bothering with until I found out the concerted efforts to prey on depressed people and attempting to recruit them for fascism. then again I also wasn't aware of the magnitude of his reach or degree to which he has been embraced and boosted by mainstream institutions, the guy is currently on a world tour hitting up all sorts of fascists and assorted reactionaries across the world, especially popular with tsarists and other anticommunist church folk. It's his weaponization and legitimation by mass media that's a bigger problem than just the man himself, including stuff like the complicity of Google in disseminating this garbage and enabling predation of vulnerable kids and both parties making bank from it at the same time
i discovered he existed basically last week when someone in Viewpoint burned him to the ground over how he hasn't actually read any Derrida or Foucault but still tried to write an entire book that pretended he had, and i still can't bring myself to care a lot about him because that's still who he is in my mind, idiot number 2465694 who got popular among English speaking pseudo-intellectuals by that method

chickeon posted:

the complicity of Google in disseminating this garbage and enabling predation of vulnerable kids and both parties making bank from it at the same time

this part is also LOL because of the same thing: it's enforced through Google's algorithm in part by how "left-wing" Anglophone pseudo-intellectuals, as a form of signaling about their seriousness as pseuds, have followed for years an unquestioned axiomatic doctrine of xenophobia in discourse. This doctrine says that every writer they've never read with a French last name must be part of "postmodernism" and that "postmodernism" has invaded and wrecked Western education (when it's the same bourgeois education that ensured those same liberals never read any of those writers, half of whom are aggressively modernist anyway).

Ever since people started being desk-camera pundits on YouTube years ago, the algorithm has been primed by college-educated Democrats to promote videos about how Derrida causes cancer or whatever. So now, as with every other form of aggressive racist-reactionary thought, the Democrats are like, "Damn this blows and sucks, it's not at all what we intended when we promoted a stealthier version of the same fascist ideas for decades"

*taking a huge vape rip* i love all of you
i prefer colin powell's 13 rules of leadership although he runs out of steam around 7:

Rule 1: It Ain’t as Bad as You Think! It Will Look Better in the Morning!

Rule 2: Get Mad Then Get Over It!

Rule 3: Avoid Having Your Ego so Close to your Position that When Your Position Falls, Your Ego Goes With It!
/so lacanian

Rule 4: It Can be Done!

Rule 5: Be Careful Whom You Choose!

Rule 6: Don’t Let Adverse Facts Stand in the Way of a Good Decision.

Rule 7: You Can’t Make Someone Else’s Decisions! You Shouldn’t Let Someone Else Make Yours!

Rule 8: Inspect Small Things!

Rule 9: Share Credit!

Rule 10: Remain calm! Be kind!

Rule 11: Have a Vision! Be Demanding!

Rule 12: Don’t take counsel of your fears or naysayers!

Rule 13: Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier!
Colin Powell's 13 Rules of Killing Everyone

Rule 1: It Ain’t as Bad as You Think! It Will Look Better in the Morning When We Kill Everyone!

Rule 2: Get Mad Then Kill Everyone!

Rule 3: Avoid Having Your Ego so Close to your Position that When... You Know What, Just Kill Everyone!

Rule 4: We Can Kill Everyone!

Rule 5: Be Careful Whom You Kill (Everyone)!

Rule 6: Don’t Let Adverse Facts Stand in the Way of Killing Everyone.

Rule 7: You Can’t Make Someone Else’s Decisions! You Should Just Kill Everyone!

Rule 8: Inspect Small Things, Like The People You Should Kill, Which Is Everyone!

Rule 9: Share Credit When Killing Everyone!

Rule 10: Remain Killing Everyone!

Rule 11: Have a Vision for Killing Everyone!

Rule 12: Don’t take counsel of your fears or naysayers, whom are anyway part of the category 'everyone' and thus among the people to be killed!

Rule 13: Eyes Down When Whitey's Around
i hereby declare that the posts of me, cars, are postmodernism. I have surveyed the modern, my conclusion is give me a break, i mean come on.

cars posted:

someone in Viewpoint burned him to the ground over how he hasn't actually read any Derrida or Foucault but still tried to write an entire book that pretended he had

its a nice and satisfying read for people like you and i, but realistically speaking it will literally have no effect on anyone who believes petersons shtick, as they all have severe reddit swiss cheese brain

againstthemoon posted:

its a nice and satisfying read for people like you and i, but realistically speaking it will literally have no effect on anyone who believes petersons shtick, as they all have severe reddit swiss cheese brain

i literally posted about why that doesn't matter itt

i often find myself unable to read
let me repeat it in simpler terms: your average unsure person who clicks a link to that story isn't going to read the article either, but they are probably going to assume it shows what it really does show, that the guy it criticizes is an idiot illiterate when it comes to the topic of his own book. a shameful illiterate
the relative probability of convincing far-right cretins of anything should have no bearing whatsoever on your decision to own them, you just do it. Otherwise buddy, that's the Sixth Type of Liberalism.

wasted posted:

Also as an aside, I'm wondering what are the general musical tastes of the altright atm? German Romanticism (i.e. Wagner preludes)? Parody Pepe Covers of pop songs made with vocoders (not to be mistaken with the evangelical fascists, who have the talent/resources to use their own undistorted voices http://www.godhatesfags.com/audio/parodies.html) ? Neofolk/Nazipunk? EDM? Ace of Base?

they seem to mainly like synthwave, i dont think theres much connection with older far right scenes like RAC or NSBM or what have you

they like white Soundcloud rappers with names like “Yung Windows 95 Skrrt” and nightcore
The interaction between recent hip hop in the American south (trap) with young white settlers and fascists is a really interesting topic imo. Interesting that rap only began to permeate white culture (culminating in SoundCloud rap) with the development of trap, which imo is probably CIA.
I might be biased because of my location in the US, but all the future fascist stormtroopers are really into trap despite being racists.
fuck I just found out I'm a fascist sry everybody
it doesnt seem like anything peterson says is any worse than 99% of liberal "thinkers". its just standard us-brain repulsive trash. the stuff about the west being superior is dan carlin level braindead material. maybe im biased because he hates sam harris (enemy of my enemy)
I think my fav thing about Peterson is his belief that his interactions with men are informed by the implicit threat he'll fight them if they insult him--as if, as a middle-aged professor, male students are even subconsciously afraid that if they're rude to him he'll lunge over his desk at them, get knocked the fuck out in the ensuing brawl, and lose his job-for-life, all to avenge his precious honor.

It's easy to see why he's so popular with the alt-right guys: despite the huge gap between his class and lifestyle and that of most of his fans, he's fundamentally the same aspirational tough guy, constantly trying to process the contradiction between his passive modern existence and his personal fantasy of traditional masculinity.