20kg in one day my friend you might be sick

Horselord posted:

dutch people love deep frying so much there's entire sections of stuff in the supermarket labelled like "you can deep fry this"

naturally i've gained 20kg this year

are you alright mate. the dutch invented capitalism remember

eating a crab, alfalfa, sweet potato sandwich. fuck the police.
[account deactivated]
thats a pretty good smoothie. any particular reason you use soymilk? is there a difference in the protein content from cow's milk? my gf thinks i should kick the cows milk and im not really attached to it, but it is a bit more protein

dating a vegetarian for the past six months has been good for my diet. my leafy green intake has jumped drastically, especially kale. we end up cooking a lot because the town i live in is terrible for veggie options. we make spring rolls pretty regularly and theyre just chock full of awesome stuff. i still eat meat but maybe 3-4 days a week, which is plenty. i just might make it to 80, if we can stave off the collapse of society for another half century. i basically only drink one night a week, so the dytd plan has been put on hold indefinitely
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
i dont know how i can eat 3 donuts in the morning and have no energy by 1:15 even thought its a ton of calories. i mean, i do know, because its garbage sugar energy, but still

in other news: my mom bought me a fancy pressure cooker for my birthday and so far ive used it to a) make rice and b) boil eggs. its actually made it so i eat something in the morning other than a protein shake because its really nice to just toss an egg or two in and hop in the shower. i look forward to using it to make things i couldve made before in much shorter amounts of time
Did you get an instant pot? I'm seriously considering one. I have a small apartment so it's nice that it fulfills the function of a bunch of appliances
yep. its pretty great because it has preprogrammed one-button settings for a handful of common things but you can change everything manually. it can saute, although i get the feeling that it wouldnt make sense to use it for sauteeing anything other than the start of a dish that's going to be finished using the pressure cooker function. my crock pot was also on its last legs because i bought it from a thrift store so its nice that i have this now. i have the lux mini model; i dont know how the prices go but i would probably spring for a larger one if its not much more expensive. that is, if you plan to cook for more than, say, 4 people, as i do on occasion
i love that my mom and i basically get each other kitchen gadgets as gifts. i suck at gift-giving but there's always a new kitchen gadget. i got her a creme brulee kit once largely in the hopes shed get me one and i could use the butane torch for dabs

TG posted:

its pretty great because it has preprogrammed one-button settings for a handful of common things but you can change everything manually.

i'm pretty confident in my kitchen skills but i turn into a bad comedy sketch about tech illiterate old people whenever i try to use an appliance more sophisticated than an oven or toaster. i once fucked up "never fail" blender hollandaise because i vastly underestimated the strength of an unfamiliar blender and wound up covering the entire kitchen & myself in hot butter. in my defense that blasted thing's lowest setting was faster than highest on the ancient beat up one i'm used to. i blame Will It Blend and all you kale smoothie assholes for popularizing gimmicky overpowered blenders

blast!!
[account deactivated]
i will never apologize for putting kale in my smoothies. you can pry my hamilton beach drinkmaster from my cold dead fingers!
[account deactivated]
on behalf of TG, I apologize.
americans so lazy they buy machines to do their chewing for them
tarnation!!!
whata good with pesto when you dont eat cheese
I dont want to live in a world where pesto doesnt contain cheese.
[account deactivated]

toyotathon posted:

made 20 lbs of bread today for a valentines potluck

catchphrase

happy valentines day *offering up 20 pounds of bread*
i got a slow cooker for free from a junkpile and made chana masala. it was pretty nice i guess but after eating it for the third time in a row i am pretty sick of it and there's like several portions left to go. i feel like homer with the six foot hoagie
i've been doing the same thing since I got an instant pot
in my university days when i'd be cooking for a house full of 5-6 people on the regular i made slow cooker chana masala or dal almost every week, kept trying to replicate the taste of the really good dal the local favourite indian takeout/coffee shop/bar made. by the time i got it perfect i'd finally gotten tired of making it and stopped for a couple years, now i can't remember how to do it just right and the restaurant has since exploded in popularity and changed their recipe (to an inferior one) so it is LOST FOREVER.

Cuntessa_Markievicz posted:

whata good with pesto when you dont eat cheese

nutritional yeast (obvs) and cauliflower rice.

Been having some intestinal digestive issues and decided to up the fiber content of my diet which seems to have exacerbated the issues (hopefully only temporarily since apparently you have to adjust to these things and I went too hard too fast). Anyways wish me luck while I eat more veggies and brown rice or whatever and suffer.
if it's possible for you, go to a doctor. if you live in the USA, rip im sorry
I think it’s IBS and yea I might.
have you tried the brat diet? itstands for bananas, rice, applesauce, and something that begins with t that i cant remember. its not fiber, its just bland ass food to calm an upset stomach

of course, im no doctor (at least not the kind that counts) so its probably best not to listen to me

except when i tell you to smoke weed erryday. thats just plain horse sense
Been making Kik Alicha here and there, a super easy recipe to eat with rice. I bullshitted an Berbere spice mix with replacements for fenugreek and cardamom and it actually tastes pretty close, though I forget the exact replacements and amount
made a sandwich