[account deactivated]
notes from a dumbass: i've been slacking hard over the holidays. started working out again yesterday and ignored the "computer elbow" i had from being a no-account nerd and long story short i now have the worst case of tennis elbow (or lateral epicondylitis) i've ever had in my life

toyotathon posted:

i got a letter from myself, from FutureMe.org, written 2 yrs ago. i asked myself a series of questions that, knowing me, were crafted solely to bother me (why aren't you meeting you own expectations? what are you complaining about to everybody these days? what's trump's america like? etc) all in all i'd recommend the service, esp if you're in a life transition

if i wanted a letter from the enemy i'd pick someone more interesting than my past self

i had this idea to start going to dsa events wearing like a newsboy cap and bringing a pipe and putting bubble solution in the pipe and blowing bubbles from it. but i dont want to accidentally end up on their leadership team in doing so
i am posting here to thank tears for posting some good biology shit. thank you tears.
youre welcome, there was a sequel too https://rhizzone.net/forum/topic/14363/
my eyes are okay now i am off the antibiotics for them

Cuntessa_Markievicz posted:

my eyes are okay now i am off the antibiotics for them

having a rather intense fleshy period though currently and im slightly concerned
I've been having a fleshy period for about 30 years now, but I'm hopeful it will resolve in the next few decades.
was in Durham for a week getting community support for comrades who toppled a confederate statue and i got so many positive responses. thousands of door to doors, phonebanking, etc. only got a single negative response, one person who when i said i was with defend durham said 'fuck you'. anyway, all felony charges have been dropped! also, we held a People's Tribunal a couple hundred people came to. it was pretty neat to take part in. community members testified against various local+state political leaders and various forms of state repression. the jury, meaning the entirety of the audience, found the state 'guilty as hell' and the judge panel basically asked them to come up with sentencing guidelines. a massive list of demands was created from breakout groups and we're gonna mobilize on those issues. comrades were amazing individually and totally inspiring politically. also met someone in PCUSA which was neat since we dont have any here. probably the best week of my life honestly.
good.
Very nice!
i'm in winnipeg for a couple weeks. its a pretty cool city.
real life chat: i got a bunch of interviews to to teacher training. your high school biology teacher but she knows that bush did 9 11 and also that stalin did nothing wrong
Just quit my job as a security guard so I can finally admit to y'all that I was a security guard. Rhizzone please forgive me I just needed some breathing room with my bills and I knew they would hire me. ACAB

Anyways I'm trying to get an apprenticeship now any advice would be much obliged
Electricians are just cops with wires anyway
exclusive footage of a day in the life of forums poster steogsaurus:

It's a question of what or who were you securing, and were you cruel to the teens and bums
haha yeah, i have the exact sentiment as swampman. if you were actively working against your employers, who cares?
That's incorrect by the way. Nobody has as much sentiment as me.

swampman posted:

It's a question of what or who were you securing, and were you cruel to the teens and bums

A mall was what I was securing. I felt good about protecting the cleaning crew from harassment and first aid calls but everything else was just protecting property. The owner of the building actually keeps their identity a secret so I don't know whose shit i was protecting.

I tried to be nice to teens and bums and bumteens but that behavior was actively discouraged by management. The company was not as jackbooted as some (the other big one in the city teaches Krav Maga and their employees regularly go to jail for using excessive force). I worked there for 4 months and I never struck anyone or was involved in an arrest

It was like being a frontline worker with the homeless/drug addicts, but not being in a position to help them.

All of my co-workers de-humanized the 'EDPs' (emotionally disturbed person, a euphemism for bums/junkies/prostitutes) to differing extents.

I don't think it's possible to do the job compassionately and not get fired eventually for your leniency.

Anyways I'm glad to be out of there.

Oh and I let people shoplift all the time. The company policy was not to chase people, so I could just be like 'oh no they got away'.
Cops would sometimes come to the building and I would always give them gross parking spaces and waste their time on purpose haha.

Belphegor posted:

Oh and I let people shoplift all the time. The company policy was not to chase people, so I could just be like 'oh no they got away'.
Cops would sometimes come to the building and I would always give them gross parking spaces and waste their time on purpose haha.

Good.

Honestly you were probably able to do more to fight capitalism as a security guard than you would have been able to do in any run of the mill liberal nonprofit. Paul Blart Mao Cop
wtf that drawing has 5 fingers.... bet that keeps groenig up at night
i hope u did not pilfer any lost property. the rightful owner is probably weeping for it
i'm taking care of a 15 year old dog with cushings and the poor dear has to take a piss every 15 minutes, much like my posting
[account deactivated]
No I'm in Klanada. We carried handcuffs to make 'citizens arrests' and some guards have batons in the province.
[account deactivated]

jansenist_drugstore posted:

shame because in the US, whole foods has plain clothed security that carry guns so every shopping trip is an active shooter situation. think vegas but worse.

i decided a while ago i am never going to the united states under any circumstances and this is pretty compelling validation of that position

i had to go to the mall earlier and i couldve sworn i heard an earnest indie cover of 'my humps' and it just kind of captured the feeling of 2018 so far

Belphegor posted:

swampman posted:
A mall was what I was securing. I felt good about protecting the cleaning crew from harassment and first aid calls but everything else was just protecting property. The owner of the building actually keeps their identity a secret so I don't know whose shit i was protecting.

That’s terror iirc

[account deactivated]

stegosaurus posted:

Electricians are just cops with wires anyway

is that where david simon got the name

the other day i was in the lougheed mall and looked at the exit near the starbucks and had a sudden proustian memory of the scene in 'freddy got fingered' where tom green slams into the doors on his skateboard