[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.
i request that a mod create a thread in the main forum named "tHE r H i z z o n E reads The Book of Henry" and make the OP the above image of Naomi Watts leveling up on motherfuckers & immediately lock and sticky the thread. There are many good reasons. Thank you for your service
the weirdest thing to me is how those guys can't make the tiny mental leap to understanding that companies all want to make money by following the trends of the consumer market, which lead away from those guys as the sole consumer base. instead they believe exactly what those companies want everyone to believe: that the companies are pursuing a "progressive" agenda out of pure belief in its virtue
there probably isn't a game where we annihilate people who say "SJW" or "political agenda" yet so they haven't gone far enough
someone make a game where you get to shoot people in the face for saying anything about 'virtue signalling'
make a game that kills everyone who plays it
oh wait right sorry they already made that game its called real life

tears posted:

oh wait right sorry they already made that game its called real life

how could you possibly forget, getfiscal is livestreaming an award winning Let's Play of it as we speak!!

cars posted:

the weirdest thing to me is how those guys can't make the tiny mental leap to understanding that companies all want to make money by following the trends of the consumer market, which lead away from those guys as the sole consumer base. instead they believe exactly what those companies want everyone to believe: that the companies are pursuing a "progressive" agenda out of pure belief in its virtue

theres definitely Gamers who get mad at the "pandering" you're describing, but fail to make the next obvious conclusion that they've been pandered to their entire lives

c_man posted:

theres definitely Gamers who get mad at the "pandering" you're describing, but fail to make the next obvious conclusion that they've been pandered to their entire lives

imo those people are still people who don't get it because they think video games are art instead of a commercial enterprise

because i am a Child i have obtained a video game today, the legend zelda.
UN declare 2018 year of the vid eo game
can’t believe the idiot zelda, has been kidnapped yet again.
mods rename me to beowulf cluster gamer
nerds are mad because having been raised as the darlings of the video game market they are now just another demographic. this coming at the same historical moment that petit bourgouis american lads are no longer the fattened little darlings of the us economy. two swings of the axe hitting the same split in the rotten log, and now all the shit and corruption is bursting out. every lurid scenario these sadsacks can think of (feminised man as the sidekick to dominant woman, LGBT takeover, piss down throat) is presented like material fact even though nothing like that actually occurs in games. they are eating from the trash can
me seeing the purple haired woman in the star war s : 'queer femme boys are shitting into my exposed eyeball and farting in my ear'
they're mad because the games suck
games last year were very good, lots of good games. pubg, wolfenstein. updates to rainbow six siege. apparently some indie 2D dark souls knockoffs. you know what i love to do with my time is play a worse version of a game. i like to play dark souls that looks uglier and with campier dialogue and bad boring art. it should have maudlin music and sad, sad bugs as characters. i want to play a magic bug and i kill other adorkable bugs. ill stick to hearts of iron V with a visual esb mod that makes the visuals ascii art
Alright i dont usually do this but heres a serious opinion on games. Whats the deal with all this 'metroidvania' crap. For starters thats an obnoxious name, instead why dont you just call it "artifically difficult platformer with lots of backtracking". Platformers are my favourite type of game but the genre is awash with this crap or meat boy-style super hard technical stuff thats basically just a muscle memory challenge by the looks of things, which is fucking boring. Where are the fun new 2D platform games for normal idiots like me who are not terrible game nerds

Petrol posted:

Where are the fun new 2D platform games for normal idiots like me who are not terrible game nerds

their in a nother castle

Petrol posted:

Alright i dont usually do this but heres a serious opinion on games. Whats the deal with all this 'metroidvania' crap. For starters thats an obnoxious name, instead why dont you just call it "artifically difficult platformer with lots of backtracking". Platformers are my favourite type of game but the genre is awash with this crap or meat boy-style super hard technical stuff thats basically just a muscle memory challenge by the looks of things, which is fucking boring. Where are the fun new 2D platform games for normal idiots like me who are not terrible game nerds

theres a new bubsy, if thats more your speed

counterpoint to all that: hollow knight was good and fun and evocative and really not that similar to dark souls beyond its fragmentary narrative

salt & sanctuary, however,

Petrol posted:

metroidvania is a pokemon of the words metroid and castlevania

petrol play the marios imo
Mario odyssey is great i just wish there was a new 2D mario or just a switch version of mario maker would be great, actually i think the latter is pretty likely to come out eventually

88888 posted:

ehh i remember playing the snes version when i was a kid and sucking at it, i couldnt get used to the controls and it just felt like it was trying too hard to be fast like sonic, which i also never got into

Gibbonstrength posted:

nerds are mad because having been raised as the darlings of the video game market they are now just another demographic. this coming at the same historical moment that petit bourgouis american lads are no longer the fattened little darlings of the us economy. two swings of the axe hitting the same split in the rotten log, and now all the shit and corruption is bursting out. every lurid scenario these sadsacks can think of (feminised man as the sidekick to dominant woman, LGBT takeover, piss down throat) is presented like material fact even though nothing like that actually occurs in games. they are eating from the trash can

i'd have figured they'd rally around the con-game/disaster of a far-right video game company crowd-funding campaign by this point. it would be such an easy way for a couple of them to rip the rest of them off using their beliefs as cover, and since their ideology promotes that behavior, it seems like they can't resist it

cars posted:

i'd have figured they'd rally around the con-game/disaster of a far-right video game company crowd-funding campaign by this point. it would be such an easy way for a couple of them to rip the rest of them off using their beliefs as cover, and since their ideology promotes that behavior, it seems like they can't resist it

rhizzone fundraising project?

88888 posted:

haha i just googled the new bubsy game and it looks like the inside of an asshole
http://bubsy3d.com