you're Worth, and you're Worth, and you're Worth, and you're Worth, and you're Worth and im Perfect Leaven
i thought i figured out the Cube but the numbers are too big!! *rolls around on the floor* I'm in a trap save me!
cars I feel like ur posts are getting more strange and arcane lately. I'm not complaining, they're great, but what's going on my dude?
what is CUBE

am i getting close

cube living. cube life

imposter cube: clever spheres wait in ambush

Belphegor posted:

cars I feel like ur posts are getting more strange and arcane lately. I'm not complaining, they're great, but what's going on my dude?

starskys bored

i wasnt a big fan of the film, but the original shape is cool
The first death with the guy getting cubed into cubes really scarred me when I was a kid. There is really no reason to depict such horrible violence except at war memorials. I think maybe the cube traps could have all shot out a dart and the prisoners die bloodlessly like cowboys and it would have got the point across just fine.
Cube (1997) is a movie made in Canada about an evil cop and Ezri Dax from Deep Space Nine. It was a product of the KKKlanadian Film Centre, which secured enough funding for its director to purchase not just one set, but part of another set to use for shots through doorways. "cube sucks" —khamsek
The backstory to Cube is about how a thousands of unconnected people each doing a very small part of something with no real accountable hierarchy can create a terrible, meaningless nightmare, so ultimately the movie is a metaphor for itself.
for some reason i was misremembering the jennifer lopez film "The Cell" as being named "The Cube"

swampman posted:

The backstory to Cube is about how a thousands of unconnected people each doing a very small part of something with no real accountable hierarchy can create a terrible, meaningless nightmare, so ultimately the movie is a metaphor for itself.

they wish

do u be lieve in god?
[account deactivated]
Cube is top 10 anime
[account deactivated]

swampman posted:

The first death with the guy getting cubed into cubes really scarred me when I was a kid. There is really no reason to depict such horrible violence except at war memorials. I think maybe the cube traps could have all shot out a dart and the prisoners die bloodlessly like cowboys and it would have got the point across just fine.

i voted this up but on second thought it wouldn't work because it was a big point that the traps were all different so the characters couldn't defend themselves when going into a new room just by knowing the trap or how to trip it. this was done to force them to do college-level algebra out loud that made a dumb splatter movie seem like the particular sort of fake smart that nerds desired in the late 90s

i think if the same script had been made into a cartoon by Bandai though everyone who loves it would still love it and 50% of the people nowadays who know about it and hate it would say it was good (it's not)