[account deactivated]
I'm just glad I will be dying of poison gas in 2050 instead of tortured to death in a purge in 2020 or dead of dehydration in 2022
Trumps new environment advisor calls carbon "the gas of life"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlZYU4UUBCk&t=7m0s
I'm counting on global warming killing us all real soon and proving me right about never saving for retirement or having a good job or anything
I offer sacrifices to climate change in the hopes that it will forgive my student debt.
[account deactivated]
Hell yeah

tears posted:

cars posted:

lmao this paper owns, its got that classic climate science deadpan segue from mild to deadly consequences "As CO2 concentrations increese effects will include difficulty concetrating in long meetings, increesed requests to open a window, more people taking off their coats indoors, and most children will die at an early age"

*Fast forwards to 2070*

Child: Wow, you mean people actually used to breathe THE AIR and it was FREE?

Grandpa: Those were crazy times alright, thankfully human innovation saved us. *Changes out oxygen tank on child's BP OxygenPure Protection Suit*

mdma and acid
boybands
in the post-collapse future, boy bands will be our holy men. the rituals necessary to maintain their creepy neotenic lack of body hair will be seen as holy ablutions of The Ones Who Came Before. they will sing wisdom to us in catchy harmonies. we will be wretched scabbed mutants mewling at our debasement but the boy bands will remain, we will see them and by their perfection we will be redeemed
and that makes you larger than life

shriekingviolet posted:

in the post-collapse future, boy bands will be our holy men. the rituals necessary to maintain their creepy neotenic lack of body hair will be seen as holy ablutions of The Ones Who Came Before. they will sing wisdom to us in catchy harmonies. we will be wretched scabbed mutants mewling at our debasement but the boy bands will remain, we will see them and by their perfection we will be redeemed

Hmmm. Well I guess not much is gonna change for me

some guys just dont have much body hair, lets not stigmatise them as neotenous
[account deactivated]
i guess the 'collapse of society' thread is news about tech & other oligarchs building 'smart city' districts & whole new cities ... armed lifeboats as the seas rise?

http://www.globalconstructionreview.com/news/google-firm-teams-toronto-build-north-americas-lar/
http://www.kgw.com/news/bill-gates-buys-big-chunk-of-land-in-arizona-to-build-smart-city/491135744
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKgwm6WKhSg

lol
bitcoin makes me unspeakably angry and should be banned

tears posted:

lol

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

oh my god a graph, oh holy shit no

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/05/29/the-world-is-running-out-of-sand posted:

One day, I played golf with an Australian who worked for a major real-estate developer. The course, like Dubai itself, had been built on empty desert, and I commented that creating fairways and greens in such a forbidding environment must be difficult. “No,” the Australian said. “Deserts are easy, because you can shape the sand into anything you like.” The difficult parts, paradoxically, are the areas that are supposed to be sand: deserts make lousy sand traps. The wind-blown grains are so rounded that golf balls sink into them, so the sand in the bunkers on Dubai’s many golf courses is imported. Jumeirah Golf Estates—on the outskirts of the city, next to the desert—has two courses, Fire and Earth, both designed by Greg Norman. The sand in the bunkers on the Earth course is white (the most prized color for golf sand) and was bought from a producer in North Carolina. The sand on the Fire course is reddish brown—more like the desert across the road. Norman’s company bought it from Hutcheson, which mined it at its quarry in Ontario, sifted it to make it firmer than volleyball sand, kiln-dried it, dyed it, and loaded it onto a ship.

lol

[account deactivated]
and Iraq was one of the region's top concrete producers, so of course those plants lay empty & decayed while the concrete barriers around the occupied Green Zone in Baghdad were imported by contractors
edit; sorry for the illegible image. my sincerest, deepest apologies.

Edited by karphead ()

[account deactivated]
looks like bats back on the benu
toast

new hotline miami looking dope
[account deactivated]
*handing you a flame retardant suit*
Zizek needs to raise more awareness, start conversations, found a kickst
a zizek patreon where the premium content is him doing blow with patrons
[account deactivated]

Caesura109 posted:

his reputation has declined among leftists for good reason, and he was sort of like a broken record, but he sometimes he had good insights and other times he was a good punching bag. I guess what i miss most is the 'character' of zizek, who sort of popped out at me with all the pomo and leftist talk, helped me break out of my liberal bubble

Same

you dream of a group of sick, starving post-collapse humans huddled round a fire in the ruins of a once great old world city, discussing how much they miss abundant food, running hot water, decent shelter and the slovenian philosopher Slavoj Žižek (1949-2031)
[account deactivated]
death to anyone who ever liked zizek