Wakka wakka
Also mentioned in that article and confirmed by internet ppl is that BPD has the ability to "close" a neighborhood and frisk all residents who enter or leave. I wonder if that is ever a cover for witness intimidation

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

swampman posted:

Also mentioned in that article and confirmed by internet ppl is that BPD has the ability to "close" a neighborhood and frisk all residents who enter or leave. I wonder if that is ever a cover for witness intimidation

swampman posted:

I don't think that's true. If they did that I would already know about it from HBO's award winning series The Wire.

For that klassic kop kombo of stupid and evil watch until the end where they can’t figure out how to work a key card.
and they acquitted him. on second degree murder, which doesn't even strike me as an overcharge which is usually how they get cops off
thanks for bringing me back to reality. after the south carolina murderer got some prison time i was just starting to think that maybe things are getting better
why the hell was this video suppressed for nearly two years

why the hell was this video suppressed for nearly two years

lol

oh actually the trial just compelted, which i guess is an excuse. also lol this happened in Maricopa County, of Joe Arpaio fame
lol every single police department in amerikkka has been trained in counter terror by the same fraudulent grifters who teach karate. cops who pull this shit be required to play twister a gunpoint

rolaids posted:

For that klassic kop kombo of stupid and evil watch until the end where they can’t figure out how to work a key card.

i dont know, seems like an upstanding kkkop that sure makes me feel safer in my community

pretend i zoomed in on and mspainted a circle over the rose tattoo
ACAB

https://www.reddit.com/r/ProtectAndServe/comments/7ie7yv/exmesa_officer_philip_brailsford_not_guilty_of/
keycard kops
cop barely refrains from shooting handcuffed 11 year old girl

The video makes him nauseous. The existence and publication of the video
“I knew I had to have some way of proving this,” Goodwin said. “I just don’t think I was supposed to be the one to remove my dog’s head the way they made me do it.”

One video opens with Hollis threatening to take Goodwin to jail. Goodwin asked what he would be charged with and the other officer responded, “you can be charged with disorderly conduct.”

“You can sit there all you want and try to record all you want to record,” Hollis says in the video.

“I’m protecting myself. Y’all come up to me... I’m reacting to having to cut my ... dog’s head off,” Goodwin shouted.

“We asked you to remove the dog’s head,” Hollis said. “And you’re refusing, right?”

“I ain’t got a ... knife to cut” the head off, Goodwin said.

“If you would just listen,” the other officer cut in. “We don’t know this process either.”

In a video taken after the decapitation, Hollis and the other officer can be heard giving instructions to Goodwin’s girlfriend. Big Boy’s head was placed in a white plastic bag.

“She gonna place that into the bag and they got to freeze it,” Hollis said in the video. “That can be tested for rabies, OK?”

The other officer gave the woman a phone number and told her to “meet them at the health department in Roberta with the head. Give her a call in 15-20 minutes.”

“Tonight?” she asked.

“Yes. It has to be done tonight,” the officer said. “They have to put it in the refrigerator overnight.”

The woman told The Telegraph she cried as she drove the dog’s head to the health department at 7 p.m. that evening.

“If you would just listen,” the other officer cut in. “We don’t know this process either.”

The masked maniac leans in with his scalpel.. "Stop sobbing for a moment and you will realize.. We're in uncharted territory now... you and me, exploring the outer limits of pleasure and pain.. cartographers of the flesh....

[account deactivated]

nauseous vs nauseated *hits giant gong*

[account deactivated]
That hero was just arrested for spitting in another cop's face a couple months back and all the cops are pissed that the crime is only a misdemeanor.

Also,

Copface Spitta

swampman posted:

http://media.ca11.uscourts.gov/opinions/pub/files/201610256.pdf

Mrs. Brand refused to let Deputy Casal come into the house. She told him he couldn’t come in because he didn’t have a search warrant and because Wesley was already outside waiting for Deputy Casal to arrest him. But Deputy Casal insisted the arrest warrant gave him the authority to enter the house. Wesley then went back inside. Deputy Casal continued asking Mrs. Brand to let him in, but she refused and stood blocking the doorway.

Deputy Casal responded by grabbing Mrs. Brand by the shirt, trying to pull her out of the doorway. She resisted and held onto the door frame. During the tussle, Mrs. Brand’s shirt ripped and Deputy Casal was knocked off balance. The front part of Mrs. Brand’s shirt ripped off, leaving her stomach, chest, and parts of her back exposed. According to Mrs. Brand, “not only could individuals see through (her) bra, but because of the tear, individuals could see (her) breasts.”

3. Deputy Pardinas Joins In and Tases Mrs. Brand

At some point during these events, Deputy Pardinas radioed Deputy Casal, but he did not respond. Because he wasn’t responding, she thought something must be wrong, so she walked around to the front of the house. Both Mrs. Brand and Wesley were in the foyer when Deputy Pardinas walked in through the front door. Mr. Brand was there as well, still holding the baby, and Ms. Velazco remained sitting on the stairs. Deputy Pardinas explained they had an arrest warrant, then turned to Wesley and confirmed that he was Wesley Brand, the subject of the warrant. Mrs. Brand was by now “extremely upset, agitated,” and again told the officers to “get out of my house.”

Mrs. Brand then turned to Ms. Velazco and asked for a phone so she could call 911. Ms. Velazco handed Mrs. Brand the home phone. Deputy Pardinas ordered Mrs. Brand to “drop the phone,” but she did not. Instead she announced she was dialing 911. Mrs. Brand began dialing when suddenly and without warning, Deputy Pardinas tased her. The tase caused Mrs. Brand to fall to the floor in “(h)orrible, excruciating” pain.

Deputy Pardinas ordered Mrs. Brand to lie flat on her stomach. Deputy Pardinas began “punching (her) back,” striking Mrs. Brand about three times in an attempt to get her to lie on her stomach. Mrs. Brand said she couldn’t lie flat because she was pregnant. She kept one of her legs “elbowed out” to protect her stomach. Deputy Pardinas kicked Mrs. Brand’s leg several times to get her into a fully prone position.

clearly this is a very ambiguous case, no wonder it needed an appellate court to weigh in

but wait, there's more. so why didn't they just arrest the person in the warrant, who was standing right there on the porch?

Around the time of the incident, Wesley had begun to identify as a woman. He has since changed his name and now lives as a woman. Nevertheless, because almost all the evidence surrounding this event refers to Wesley as a man, we do as well.

deliberate misgendering and deadnaming in the appeal itself, seems promising!

Deputy Casal repeated that he wanted “Wesley Brand, (a) 27-year-old white male.” He then asked if Wesley was home. Mrs. Brand said she didn’t know and called out for Wesley.

Hearing this, Wesley came up from the basement and stepped outside onto the front porch where Deputy Casal was standing. Now Deputy Casal was confused too, because Wesley looked different from the booking photo in the warrant. Unlike in the photo, Wesley now “appeared as a female, with auburn dyed hair, a lacy black blouse, ‘skinny jeans’ and white stiletto ‘cowgirl boots.’” Deputy Casal said to Mrs. Brand, “Ma’am, I need to come inside.”

apparently the appellate court reversed the previous denial of provisional immunity to the deputy on unlawful entry. how'd they decide on this?

Even with no search warrant, an arrest warrant authorizes an officer to enter a person’s home when a two-part test is met. See Payton v. New York, 445 U.S. 573, 603, 100 S. Ct. 1371, 1388 (1980). The officer must have “a reasonable belief (1) that the location to be searched is the suspect’s dwelling, and (2) that the suspect is within the residence at the time of entry.” United States v. Magluta, 44 F.3d 1530, 1533, 1535 (11th Cir. 1995) (describing the “two-part inquiry” established in Payton). Applying the Payton test to these facts, we conclude that Deputy Casal’s entry was justified and therefore there was no constitutional violation.

For the second prong of the Payton test, the facts also support a reasonable belief that Wesley was in the house at the time Deputy Casal entered. Deputy Casal came to the Brands’ home after 11:00 p.m. in early February. Under this Court’s precedent, “officers may presume that a person is at home at certain times of the day—a presumption which can be rebutted by contrary evidence regarding the suspect’s known schedule.” Id. at 1535. In Bervaldi, we applied this presumption when officers approached the suspect’s house at 6:00 a.m. See 226 F.3d at 1267; see also United States v. Beck, 729 F.2d 1329, 1331–32 (11th Cir. 1984) (per curiam) (finding it “reasonable to believe that one would be at home at 7:30 a.m. and be sound asleep”). If “early morning raids” afford a presumption that the suspect is home, Magluta, 44 F.3d at 1538 n.17, we think it also reasonable for the officers to presume here that a person will be in their home at 11:00 p.m., especially on a cold February night. This record contains no evidence regarding Wesley’s “known schedule” that would rebut this presumption. Id. at 1535. We thus conclude Deputy Casal was reasonable in his belief that Wesley was in the house at the time Deputy Casal went in.

Because Deputy Casal’s entry based on the arrest warrant was permitted under Payton, it did not violate the Fourth Amendment. See Payton, 445 U.S. at 603, 100 S. Ct. at 1388. Deputy Casal is therefore entitled to qualified immunity on the Brands’ unlawful entry claim and we reverse the District Court’s decision to the contrary.

conspicuously absent from this reasoning is that she was right fucking in front of them when they decided to search. this strikes me as little more than the judiciary affirming that they'd have acted in line with the same prejudices.

but you know, the courts will save us from the cops

Edited by Constantignoble ()

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article192111974.html

SWATing kills a random guy because coward cops just immediately shoot a guy for answering his own front door
Also in the Baltimore cop got killed a day before testifying about crooked cops, that was fine http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-ci-fbi-rejects-suiter-case-20171227-story.html
Dhoruba bin Wahad makes the reasonable point that in the conflict between black people and the cops, there needs to be funerals on both sides in order for the to be empathy on both sides

He goes into detail in some interviews which I can't find right now... He mentions this a bit at the end of this one tho

Meursault posted:

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article192111974.htmlSWATing kills a random guy because coward cops just immediately shoot a guy for answering his own front door

Jfc the swatting was over a Call Of Duty 2$ wager

At least gaming is a recognized mental disorder now

Edited by Belphegor ()

when will streaming be classified as a mental disorder

Edited by Themselves ()

love the guys who 'Actually According to Logic' assertions that erica garner was killed by state violence
Was she not?

Meursault posted:

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article192111974.htmlSWATing kills a random guy because coward cops just immediately shoot a guy for answering his own front door

when i turned on the radio this morning they were just starting the story and i was like... this is it, they're finally going to do it, they're going to talk about how militarized the police have become, how so many people have been murdered by the cops, the time has finally come, we've reached the peak, it's here and it's happening, get read-- HAHA NOPE, violent video games, gamer culture, a decades old discussion is pulled from the grave and everything else is ignored

it's nice that the police are now accepted as dial a hit men who can't be held responsible for their crimes

love the guys who 'Actually According to Logic' assertions that erica garner was killed by state violence

I don't know anything about it but she had an asthma attack or something then her hospital room was full of NYPD who wouldn't let any visitors in? What was the story

Meursault posted:

I don't know anything about it but she had an asthma attack or something then her hospital room was full of NYPD who wouldn't let any visitors in? What was the story

her media manager made five tweets (not threaded, so here's all five)

beyond that, details are sparse. the ny daily news references a 'brouhaha' that seems to correspond:

Erica Garner, 27, remained hospitalized Tuesday, three days after suffering the near-fatal cardiac incident. Her political advisor Reggie Harris stood watch overnight in Garner’s Brooklyn hospital room after family members opted to limit her visitors.

According to Harris, doctors were planning to bring Garner out of the coma on Tuesday. But the family released no new details on her condition through social media.

“I wanted to make sure when she woke up that somebody was there,” said Harris, who flew in from California to help out.

Harris became involved in a brouhaha with security at Woodhull Hospital after leaving Garner’s room around 7 a.m., he said.

His return was blocked because Garner’s sister didn’t have his name on a list of approved visitors.

The city hospital declined to comment on the incident, citing confidentiality laws. But the official Erica Garner Twitter feed said Harris was allowed back into the hospital intensive care unit before noon.

Garner’s stepmom Tanya Goode said the no-visitor policy would remain in effect through Thursday as the mother of two continued to fight for her life.

Harris was “by her side through a lot of everything,” said Goode. “He loves her, and he’s by her side to be a go-between between the hospital and myself.”

that's all i've been able to find. it doesn't seem like there's been much of a push to account for those two hours?