toronto is altogether too clean to be considered a city
That's good because we all (in the US) agree it's not one

Gibbonstrength posted:

roseweird posted:

drwhat posted:

roseweird posted:

sometimes my cat starts yowling and scoops kibbles into her water bowl, what's up with that

"these are so dry and crunchy and this is annoying and ugh i have no opposable thumbs or language to express this"?

do you give her wet food sometimes?

sorry to downvote but i was just trying to post something cute and now you're like trying to make it sound like i'm making my cat miserable with a bad diet or something

well he is the cat doctor, its his job

common misconception, he's actually a regular doctor who happens to be a cat

I think I've become somewhat lactose intolerant. Luckily cheese is overrated.

Dimashq posted:

I think I've become somewhat lactose intolerant. Luckily cheese is overrated.

that makes we want to vomit
Same, the individual wrapping is so wasteful
living in a certain famous town in central Virginia has been pretty fucking wild over the past year i tell you what
anyway, hello rhizzone
hey man why didn't you kill those nazis or something, welcome back
we were pretty busy trying to not get murdered
hello Dank Xiaopeng.
How to spot a Communist (1955):

Even a superficial reading of an article written by a Communist or a conversation with one will probably reveal the use of some of the following expressions: integrative thinking, vanguard, comrade, hootenanny, chauvinism, book-burning, syncretistic faith, bourgeois-nationalism, jingoism, colonialism, hooliganism, ruling class, progressive, demagogy, dialectical, witch-hunt, reactionary, exploitation, oppressive, materialist.

http://www.openculture.com/2013/07/how_to_spot_a_communist.html
, Fail AIDS, clown fucka boyz, secret pdf subforum,
i saw a man today wearing a homemade alice band with fuck written on it

Cuntessa_Markievicz posted:

i saw a man today wearing a homemade alice band with fuck written on it

glad to hear dating is finally paying off for you

at whhat point did hootenanny disappear from our discourse and how can we bring it back

chickeon posted:

how can we bring it back

tHE r H i z z o n E

whither le epic hootenanny discourse
tis yonder
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
*walking into thread and definitly not reading any previous posts* i just finished my application to go back to uni to retrain as a teacher
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

roseweird posted:

sometimes during my day i think about writing a really extraordinary essay on education, automation, software development, and bureaucracy, and posting it here, but so far i haven't done it. the short version is millions of people exist in a state of pathetic anxiety aroused by using computers to slowly do work that those same computers could do thousands of times faster themselves, while scrutinizing others to check that they are also wasting similar amounts of effort, and establishing political boundaries that make it more difficult to ascertain the actual processes and information at work, in order to protect the repetitive behaviors that make up their bureaucratic niches. software developers meanwhile often build tools that help these bureaucrats obtain and protect administrative niches: they create guis for fairly simple databases that make batch processing difficult or impossible, turn simple sequences of commands into long idle periods in which a user must wait for various intermediate gui elements to load, and so on. most of the people who work with these kinds of systems are 50+ year old women who know something is wrong but lack the confidence to presume to question and change the situation, or maybe are just happy for their job security and don't like to think about it much. oh i didn't talk about education, well, computers are better than teachers in 95% of cases too. bye

a lot of the impetus behind that niche protection is the full expectation that robotic process automation will replace all those jobs shortly leading to increased unemployment across every sector

[account deactivated]
its been cute watching the corbynite demsoc guy at work try and fish out my political opinions, holding off on the full tankie reveal until ive amassed more social capital
got too drunk and maybe defended xi too hard, culminating in kinda yelling about him being my president at the dsa holiday party

JohnBeige posted:

got too drunk and maybe defended xi too hard, culminating in kinda yelling about him being my president at the dsa holiday party

rhizzone.txt

JohnBeige posted:

lmao

Xi Winping
win pig

roseweird posted:

oh i didn't talk about education, well, computers are better than teachers in 95% of cases too

false

[account deactivated]
computers are very fine teachers if you want your kid to grow up saying stuff like "bleep bloop" and "child has encountered an error".
[account deactivated]
available to do all the stuff computers can't do, exactly. i mean i've had a bunch of shitty teachers but generally speaking the advantages of human interaction i think are greater than squeezing optimal efficiency out of the education experience
primary education is more about learning to socialize with other human beings as a decent person, the factual knowledge that it imparts is comparatively trivial and could be gotten anywhere. this is also why homeschooling is child abuse.

shriekingviolet posted:

primary education is more about learning to socialize with other human beings as a decent person, the factual knowledge that it imparts is comparatively trivial and could be gotten anywhere. this is also why homeschooling is child abuse.

imo its just daycare and locking people with no shared interests or goals into a room is a terrible way to teach how to interact with people in "Real Life"