just a place to get those creative juices flowing...
for some time now ive thought about writing something about how the criminal justice system is tied into creating a large pool of cheap labor for capital, but i dont know if anyone would be interested in reading it or if it would be a little too "dog bites man"
[account deactivated]

TG posted:

for some time now ive thought about writing something about how the criminal justice system is tied into creating a large pool of cheap labor for capital, but i dont know if anyone would be interested in reading it or if it would be a little too "dog bites man"

TG, definitely do that if you can, it may be common knowledge to us but it's one of the most shocking things to discover as a normie and extremely important to understanding the United States as a global economic force.

As i'm sure you know, left-liberals in the U.S. use the prison system as an argument for the vague doctrines of "neo-feudalism" and "crony capitalism", presenting it as corrupt and racist, which it is, but what pushes people past liberal discourse in this country about "good governance" (electing Democrats) is what you bring up. It's the understanding that the prison system's entire corrupt, racist function serves an economic purpose for capitalists well beyond those directly invested in the prison-industrial complex, through disciplining labor, and that it will therefore never be dismantled by any left-liberal bourgeois party in the U.S. in particular unless the bourgeoisie can find a way to throttle and juice the supply of labor that compares to what prison does to entire sectors of the workforce.

It's also an opportune time given the way the veil has slipped recently about the exploitation of prison labor by state governments.

You also just know way more about it up close than I do..

well dang, now i gotta make time to actually write something. its been a while since i put down words that werent just for a motion to suppress evidence or somesuch that was promptly ignored or used only for fruitless appellate purposes several months after my client was found guilty
it interests me in part because i was raised in a Catholic social teaching household and one of the things my parents did was anti-recidivism programs to help people coming out of prison find housing and jobs. And it bred this disgust in me when I was young as I heard the stories they told about all the obstacles people had thrown in front of them when they were trying to not end up in prison, and then when i read articles on this shit later it was all about contractors within prisons, which is gross stuff to be sure but also flat out ignores what sustains it and how that has a lot more going on for a lot more "business owners" and landowners than just what comes out of paying off those contractors, something that i later came to understand was part of a mode of production.

-review of that pender book i posted about in tears thread
Just a thought, but somebody should do an epic win effortpost takedown of the Borat of philosophy, Slavoj Zizek.
Dismantle capital's appropriation of psuedo-scientific spirituality. Take downs of all insidious science writing, neo-paganism, bourgeois health, ai propaganda, neo-liberal fascist Buddhism, etc...

It's actually a big problem.

People think alt-righters are fascist... Have you talked to a Berkeley Scientist? Nasty...
goatse.cx
[account deactivated]

Chthonic_Goat_666 posted:

-review of that pender book i posted about in tears thread

this book is insane and funny btw:

"New York City does not need semi-illiterate Mississippians, who have travelled a thousand miles, to collect its garbage or wash its dishes"

a year or so ago i was like "what about a marxist reading of dark souls" and tbh the idea still hasn't fled in shame

anyway someone beat me to the punch and the author tells me the piece will appear in a future issue of this so i guess i may as well wait until that comes out to see how much overlap we're talking. it looks more focused on player/game and avatar/setting relations, whereas I was gonna focus mainly on the text of the thing

Edited by Constantignoble ()

[account deactivated]
A BRUTAL SMACKDOWN OF BEN SHAPIRO WITH FEMINIST THERMODYNAMICS
why DID the CIA fly franz fanon to Bethesda for leukaemia treatment
sam harris epic takedown vol. 2. its actually not about white supremacy because i needed to write about his terrible, terrible arguments about the primary causal role religion plays in violence instead.

also im planning on writing something about the continuity between mechanistic philosophy of the late middle ages/early modern period (and its obsession with the manipulation and control of human bodies and psychology) and the mechanistic trends in modern philososphy of science, plus psychology (which is not a science fyi, and is thus not covered by philosophy of science). this is as a preamble to an actual paper ill submit in a decent philosopy of science journal for great jsutice
[account deactivated]
There's some of that in the Songbullshit article and the DPRK thread afaik
yeah, ask Ufuk_Surekli where their long post about the DPRK govt system is, its good and also out there somewhere
I need to add to my paper about gun violence and class terrorism in the US. ill try to have it posed by new years.
i wrote 12,000 words about MK-ULTRA with a further 25,000 of apendicies over a week going deeper and deeper in before burning out and i re-read it and thought tears this reads like you are a crazy person, so,
Have you tried using paragraphs
i'd like to write a followup about how the "rationalist"/singulatarian sphere is a weird personality cult of brokebrained libertarians who think sleeping around is revolutionary
and dont refer to the audience as "stupid educated morons who do not accept truth of cubic time", its accurate but it really upsets them for some reason
also something about how if you think your gun is going to protect you from police brutality you are dumb as fuck and if you try it you will get killed
id like to write one day an article summarizing losurdo on totalitarianism/authoritarianism and all the accompanying political jargon and apply it to the liberal progressive thinking today. that discourse seems to me to be, along with like harry potter allegories, the dominant mode of thinking in the anticommunist "left" and its all so cheesy and intellectually bankrupt that i feel like i need to do a formal long-form criticism just to wash it out of my system
it would be nice to see also a comparison of berlin culture and society when the nazis came to power to to american society today. although im not nearly qualified to write that paper i think it would be illustrative of the fertile ground that american social democracy provides for aspiring fascists

kamelred posted:

id like to write one day an article summarizing losurdo on totalitarianism/authoritarianism and all the accompanying political jargon and apply it to the liberal progressive thinking today. that discourse seems to me to be, along with like harry potter allegories, the dominant mode of thinking in the anticommunist "left" and its all so cheesy and intellectually bankrupt that i feel like i need to do a formal long-form criticism just to wash it out of my system

im always keen to read more about how mainstream discourse is a trashheap

kamelred posted:

this is a good idea and a topic of interest to me as well. if you get partway through and run out of steam, let me know; maybe i can deliver a tide-turning pep talk or something

[account deactivated]

Gibbonstrength posted:

also im planning on writing something about the continuity between mechanistic philosophy of the late middle ages/early modern period (and its obsession with the manipulation and control of human bodies and psychology) and the mechanistic trends in modern philososphy of science, plus psychology (which is not a science fyi, and is thus not covered by philosophy of science). this is as a preamble to an actual paper ill submit in a decent philosopy of science journal for great jsutice

Caesura109 posted:

Songbullshit article is the best on the site of all time

*clearing throat at 120 decibels* https://rhizzone.net/articles/conecs-cosmetics-review-thread/

kamelred posted:

it would be nice to see also a comparison of berlin culture and society when the nazis came to power to to american society today. although im not nearly qualified to write that paper i think it would be illustrative of the fertile ground that american social democracy provides for aspiring fascists

im sort of doing that, slowly

There should be a front page article just for posting funny pics
[account deactivated]
Cybernetics of Capital : Neo-educated Classes, Police States & Simulation Theory
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

is your name levoy d page or le void page

The latter.