really bummed i couldnt make it but i should be getting a debrief at the local's mtg. members keep talking about potential internal reforms and im HYPED

mediumpig posted:

Ah, how was it? I really wanted to go but was busy Saturday + it would be a little more expensive (cause of travel) than I'd like to pay just for Sunday

taryn did a breakout group on leninist security principles and i ended up meeting someone else who is also interested in infosec with the possibility of doing some of that for the party. i met a friend who's from another offsite i post on who is now a candidate, got to know some of my comrades in my branch better and all around had a good time to go into more detail i guess

what else.. 2/3 of my roommates are also in the party now, i'm sponsoring 3 candidates total as of the end of the conference. glad my roomie decided to join, they were pretty nervous about it. wwp is really great, everyone is super nice and stuff.
all of my university classes at around the 7 week mark have switched from "hi new students so this is how things work in the world" to "let's talk about ways to challenge/break/destroy dominant capitalist ideology" and readings are now things like reading the black panther newspaper archive, which i just discovered is blocked by default by my isp

tears posted:

im about to again start working in a bar again

i had forgotten how much i like doing this

I went for a run for the first time in a while and was feeling good. I looked down to change my music to the Hate Amerikka Beat and I tripped, cut up my hands, broke my headphones and an elderly couple laughed at me. Thwarted again by wreckers and revisionists.

tears posted:

tears posted:

i would like to update that i still ike this but actually its shit - i have no idea how to deal with the fucker chef, i dont mind angry chefs so long as they stay on their side of the fucking service but this guys a misogynistic literal kid who loves to issue orders and demands and come behind the bar when its slow and bitch about how its dirty and give orders and threaten people and just generally throw his weight around. i know i am bad with people but i really want to punch his stupid face and quit and ive only worked there for a week. i just want a nice bar where i can serve the drinks without having to deal with asshole males .

omg i have walked into a situation where i am literally being bullied by an abusive guy wtf, i am going to quit this job,
ok i am going to work at the other bar i did a shift at a while back and the manager says thats fine, and the people there are really nice, even though its less hours, and im going to tell these shitheads to go fuck themselves pending grinding all men up for dogfood
Post their yelp here imo
i wont be doing that, sorry, and also sorry for whining about my stupid life, your regular service of bad matrix jokes will resume soon
how dare you talk about real life in the real life thread
what's your favorite drink tears
what's your favorite drink? tears.
whats your favorite? drink tears

Dimashq posted:

what's your favorite drink tears

the one in front of me

drwhat posted:

all of my university classes at around the 7 week mark have switched from "hi new students so this is how things work in the world" to "let's talk about ways to challenge/break/destroy dominant capitalist ideology" and readings are now things like reading the black panther newspaper archive, which i just discovered is blocked by default by my isp

lmao who's your provider?

tears posted:

From topic Get off the off-site: Let's play "Real Life":

tears posted:

tears posted:

i would like to update that i still ike this but actually its shit - i have no idea how to deal with the fucker chef, i dont mind angry chefs so long as they stay on their side of the fucking service but this guys a misogynistic literal kid who loves to issue orders and demands and come behind the bar when its slow and bitch about how its dirty and give orders and threaten people and just generally throw his weight around. i know i am bad with people but i really want to punch his stupid face and quit and ive only worked there for a week. i just want a nice bar where i can serve the drinks without having to deal with asshole males .

Aren't bars like the primary place for asshole males? What's it like observing that on a regular basis.

kinda depends on the bar don't it
Bars are chill
bars own i love to serve people poison; also i quit the bad job today
i was amazed when i read the post about liking the work, read the original post as a welp gotta deal with pieces of shit again now kinda thing. death to men

aerdil posted:

lmao who's your provider?

sky. it was categorized as violent hate speech or something similar. i just had to go into a thing and uncheck a box and restart everything but i haven't seen that for anything else, ever, including the text of mein kampf on the gutenberg project or any of the thousands of radical things linked to from this website

chickeon posted:

i was amazed when i read the post about liking the work, read the original post as a welp gotta deal with pieces of shit again now kinda thing. death to men

the sense of camraderie you can get working a packed bar when everyone gets along and works well together can be so good in a way that waiting tables or other service industry work just doesnt have; i think its something unique about selling a psychoactive substance to people

have you ever tended a bar... on WEED???
remember on cheers when the actor who played coach died between seasons so they replaced him with woody harrelson without any explanation other than "oh yeah coach died recently"? that was pretty messed up
death is irrevocable...even for tv sitcom cheers
[account deactivated]

karphead posted:

death is irrevocable...even for tv sitcom cheers

let us pray

roseweird posted:

sometimes my cat starts yowling and scoops kibbles into her water bowl, what's up with that

"these are so dry and crunchy and this is annoying and ugh i have no opposable thumbs or language to express this"?

do you give her wet food sometimes?

i was asked if i was an Afrikaner in work today in Afrikaans which was eh vile, also my foot hurts and my uterus keeps on chronically spotting and im paranoid that this is a pregnancy scare
[account deactivated]
also i am currently googling risque pics of prince harry cause of insomnia and reasons i also made 3 paper bead bracelets this evening

Cuntessa_Markievicz posted:

my uterus keeps on chronically spotting and im paranoid that this is a pregnancy scare

ive been looking into how lsd can be used as an abortifacient cause it causes uterine contracrtions

[account deactivated]

my uterus keeps on chronically spotting and im paranoid that this is a pregnancy scare

ive been looking into how lsd can be used as an abortifacient cause it causes uterine contracrtions

sounds like a bad trip

roseweird posted:

drwhat posted:

roseweird posted:

sometimes my cat starts yowling and scoops kibbles into her water bowl, what's up with that

"these are so dry and crunchy and this is annoying and ugh i have no opposable thumbs or language to express this"?

do you give her wet food sometimes?

sorry to downvote but i was just trying to post something cute and now you're like trying to make it sound like i'm making my cat miserable with a bad diet or something

well he is the cat doctor, its his job

I guess I'm going to be in Winnipeg for the month of February, the only city more bleak than my own. Cool.
What is the level of militancy in the Winnipeg left?

It's gotta be higher than Poronto, right? Right?
Winnipeg is a pretty significant site of indigenous solidarity and activism, although it has been difficult to maintain long term organization, I've been peripherally involved in failed attempts in the past. Toronto seems to either liberalize everyone who moves there or outright destroy them (rip comrade,) so it probably has a leg up there.