cars posted:

of course once you move into dating the actual bourgeoisie through those services it's a tipping point since they don't have to worry about keeping a nice cushy white-collar job while trickling out their real lives to the world online and they'll go on for an hour on the first date about how they've proofed their estate against chemtrails

i should probably replace my profile with just "chemtrails"

i agree that online dating (and everything else) is horrible, i just don't have time to meet people elsewhere & also am in a foreign country so i don't even know where/how to do that. don't go to foreign countries imo. or other cities. stay in your communities. down with mobility

i don't talk to anyone or write anything
Anyone able to help a newbie aspiring dater?
I started a helpful advice column in the "political" forum for exactly this kind of inquiry.

drwhat posted:

when i go on okcupid/tinder dates everyone i meet is fairly cute or sometimes even strikingly attractive, had a bunch of interesting words on their profile, and are just totally vapid unambitious autopilot-people with no interest in anything other than maybe a tv show they recently watched. it fucking blows. london is a the void

im also in london we should date!

you two should date and start some kind of RAF in London together
[account deactivated]
Sonuds like some of you are in need of some advice for dating, so i'm gonna let you in on some of tears' major league dating secrets. Here's a little sample date, you can adapt this to your own circumstances.

Start with an off beat variant of a classic opener, this will throw them off balance slightly

Me: so what sort of media have you been consuming recently?
them: so I’ve been watching game of th-

Now, ramp up the pressure

Me (interrupting): ever heard of MK-ULTRA?
Them: um wasn't that some sor-
Me (interrupting, insistently): Project ARTICHOKE? BLUEBIRD? MK-SEARCH?

Now you've got them confused and disorientated, hit them with the ol' one-two

Me: Bush did 9/11
Them: …
Me: But here's the twist... it was George Bush senior!

Right now you've got to dial it back, lull them a little, lure them in for the ambush

Me: You must think I'm a crazy conspiracy nut, but thats not true, of course I don't believe in all that alien abduction rubbish
Them: um, ok
Me: Those are just implanted memories from CIA's mind-control experiment program

AMBUSH! BOOM!, you’ve got them now, don't give them time to recover, time for the knock out blow.

Me: The holodomor isn't real, Joseph Stalin did nothing wrong
Them: I'm uh, going to go now, nice meeting you
Me *lighting cigarette*: ok cool, maybe we should do this again some time

Another Dating Victory! Relax and enjoy your drink.
Love is evil and dating is anticommunist.
i was on ambien last night

cars posted:

of course once you move into dating the actual bourgeoisie

+

tears posted:

Sonuds like some of you are in need of some advice for dating,

Me (interrupting): ever heard of MK-ULTRA?
Them: um wasn't that some sor-
Me (interrupting, insistently): Project ARTICHOKE? BLUEBIRD? MK-SEARCH?

What we need is a mind-reprogramming of the bourgeoisie dating strategy of the left

Caesura109 posted:

I wonder what sort of outlet someone who has never written should start exploring topics that interest them. Should they just go straight to blogging or maybe join some sort of writing class and pick up skills and practice by exploring said topics?

i think they should read intensively for many years before writing anything

will i set up a dating thread

Cuntessa_Markievicz posted:

will i set up a dating thread

you should make it an old timey style personals column where ppl can write in to be matched with the cute antirevisionist of their dreams

oh no
oh no like a fox!!
[account deactivated]

Caesura109 posted:

how does one read intensely in the age of twitter
I remember a few years ago id bury myself in a novel for a good 4-5 hours daily, but it was all gratifying fantasy nerd crap, and later it was pinko Chomsky stuff, but I cant even remember if ive read an entire book in the past year that wasnt an assignment of some sort

turn all your crap off, reading then occurs

Caesura109 posted:

I remember a few years ago id bury myself in a novel for a good 4-5 hours daily, but it was all gratifying fantasy nerd crap, and later it was pinko Chomsky stuff, but I cant even remember if ive read an entire book in the past year that wasnt an assignment of some sort

go somewhere thats not your house and dont have a phone or computer or whatever with you

[account deactivated]

toyotathon posted:

this site both helps and doesn't help reading. youre around ppl who are all way better read, and not just read but have comprehended the reading, and not just comprehended but applied the theories learned to life, and not just applied them to life but in some cases tested theory against life. it is a rare concentration, but also reading posts here isn't a substitute for study, but it is a reminder for me how much more i gotta learn.

we mostly just drink here, any reading is incidental

the only reason i joined this forum was to become famous like s*m k*r*s and none of the advice in this thread pleases me

gay_swimmer posted:

the only reason i joined this forum was to become famous like s*m k*r*s and none of the advice in this thread pleases me

based on my readings of news media it appears that to be famous you have to do sex crimes on unwilling people, have you tried that?

toyotathon posted:

this site both helps and doesn't help reading. youre around ppl who are all way better read, and not just read but have comprehended the reading, and not just comprehended but applied the theories learned to life, and not just applied them to life but in some cases tested theory against life. it is a rare concentration, but also reading posts here isn't a substitute for study, but it is a reminder for me how much more i gotta learn.

Not in it; voted 1

Caesura109 posted:

hate to break it to you, and I mean that non sarcastically because you seem pretty young, but the trick of handing people leisure time, crushing it with unpaid homework, then offering them "leisure" activities they can perform while distracted... all that showed up well before the rise of social media. twitter and binge watching TV are just easier to do when you're dead tired, they're "on" 24/7, that's why such minor tweaks to years-old semi-involved avenues of "content" consumption have been comparable in terms of popularity to what came before, while the falling rate of profit & other factors makes them more difficult to monetize compared to their predecessors

you have to make time to read, and to do that you have to recognize other things in your life that people are telling you make you happier and put them aside. it's difficult but not so difficult you can't manage it

[account deactivated]
i guess the key to reading (in english) is to read one word at a time, in order, from left to right, then when you get to the bottom of the line drop down to the next one and start again at the left. when you get to the bottom of the page, start again at the top of the next page to the right

tears posted:

i guess the key to reading (in english) is to read one word at a time, in order, from left to right, then when you get to the bottom of the line drop down to the next one and start again at the left. when you get to the bottom of the page, start again at the top of the next page to the right

fucked up if true

Picture this, if you will. A hand painted poster of a UFO with a guy who looks like Pitbull walking out of it and on its side is written 'MR WORLDWIDE'. The caption at the bottom says 'Take Me To Your Dale-r'. I thank you.
I have to say thanks to everyone who gave real advice in this thread, I've been putting a lot of it to work and I'm happy to say that I'm beginning to find my own voice in writing.

Still taking baby steps of course, but I'm now producing words that are somewhat coherent and not nearly as terrible as my garbage fire history of bad posting.

I've gotten some positive feedback already, been invited to speak on podcasts and got the interest of patrons willing to throw a few bucks my way which should help me buy more books and spend more time writing things. This is all far more than I believed I could accomplish and I feel I have a whole lot more to grow.

I read a very interesting piece from forums poster McCaine which was critical of the prospects of liberation theology or left Christianity, I hope to soon write a reply to this.

I have a lot to learn from you guys so please, any critical feedback beyond "shut up and die" is greatly appreciated.

I for one would never tell you to die.
Boourns you should do a thread in the main forum about James 5
[account deactivated]

swampman posted:

Boourns you should do a thread in the main forum about James 5

yeah

i've got a whole lot of essays that are currently in draft purgatory, it feels like being constipated. i'm actually looking for help with it, i've given my patreon supporter permissions in google docs to add comments and view my drafts of stuff i'm working on, but i would really appreciate more good critical eyes giving feedback
Shoot some of that shit my way and I'll take a look at em.
heres something i wrote the last time i did acid