Petrol posted:

TG posted:

not to get all lawyery, but what sk admitted to, in my state, would meet the elements of unlawful sexual contact, which is a misdemeanor and would result in, at most, two years in the county jail and require at minimum five years of registration as a sex offender. sexual assault is a felony and is defined as sexual intrusion or penetration,

this is a jurisdictional thing then, in australia what he did would be indecent assault, a subcategory of sexual assault. in the UK im pretty sure it's just called sexual assault. but it's a crime however you slice it

yah, i know my post was all about semantics but that's most of my job. it's one of several hundred reasons that nobody likes lawyers

tbh with the amount of media attention and focus on what he did, he could get done for indecent assault for what we know so far, that is if the victim wishes to report it. theres now an MP calling for him to get imprisoned... Labour MP calls for freelance journalist to be locked up over sexual harassment claims

keep in mind the victim said "I could write of other incidents that occurred across the 3 times I met him, some could be considered worse, but I think detailing that one evening gives a clear picture." so there likely is a lot more to this
Ive been saying this for two years now: Arrest This Man
He's not going anywhere unless he decides to plead guilty. Otherwise, even the most incompetent defence lawyer could get him acquitted. Right TG?

e: this is a joke, TG is a very good lawyer

Edited by littlegreenpills ()

i'm not a lawyer but i have watched a lot of british media so sam's trial and subsequent turnip-pelting would hinge on if the crowd of rag-draggled halforcs discovered he was lending money at interest
Not reading any of BHPN's posts but I think roseweird is right here and I disagree with BHPN's posts.
[account deactivated]
this whole digression isn't any less stupid than the last time it happened. any one of you could be a serial killer or a fed or just a different account of bhpns and no one would be in a position to tell the difference. i really don't see the point of prodding people over any kind of ethical or lifestyle standard on a message board when the only qualification required to meet those standards is to lie or simply not divulge any personal details. so long as theres no name or face to which this sort of criticism can be pinned, i really don't see how dredging it up every other month could serve any purpose other than the sort of weird territorial posturing that bhpn is absolutely correct in saying almost always disguises something worse anyway
I post too much to serial kill

Cuntessa_Markievicz posted:

tbh with the amount of media attention and focus on what he did, he could get done for indecent assault for what we know so far, that is if the victim wishes to report it. theres now an MP calling for him to get imprisoned... Labour MP calls for freelance journalist to be locked up over sexual harassment claims

is it some sort of journalist's code that men's sexual crimes be downplayed in headlines? the whole article is built around a politician's tweet which refers, rightly, to his "admission of sexual assault". she's not calling for him to be locked up over "harassment claims", or as the article also misleadingly puts in quotes, "unacceptable behaviour"

littlegreenpills posted:

He's not going anywhere unless he decides to plead guilty. Otherwise, even the most incompetent defence lawyer could get him acquitted. Right TG?

e: this is a joke, TG is a very good lawyer

i dont know why you think that but i appreciate it nonetheless

I have made a thread in the appropriate place requesting deadken's permaban and I encourage anyone else who cares about this to comment there
https://rhizzone.net/forum/topic/14302/

TG posted:

well youve got the masochist karaoke computer from Chrono trigger as your av *rolls hand in air* and so on

Petrol posted:

is it some sort of journalist's code that men's sexual crimes be downplayed in headlines?

that would be the 'culture' part of rape culture.

cars posted:

TG posted:

well youve got the masochist karaoke computer from Chrono trigger as your av *rolls hand in air* and so on

actually, i think youll find that hes using a palette swapped version that appears as an enemy later on in the game, and not the actual aforesaid robot. ergo,

shriekingviolet posted:

Petrol posted:

is it some sort of journalist's code that men's sexual crimes be downplayed in headlines?

that would be the 'culture' part of rape culture.

this + patriarchy. reminder that journalism/news organizations are themselves an enormous hotbed of piece of shit rapey men and workplace sexual harrassment and assault

lo posted:

cars posted:

TG posted:

actually, i think youll find that hes using a palette swapped version that appears as an enemy later on in the game, and not the actual aforesaid robot. ergo,

I won't forget this again. I'll become stronger than ever, purer, more.

aerdil posted:

is that THE rapespeed

i don't know who else would write that and claim to be that person
what other forum with no women on it would condemn sexual assault so hard

lo posted:

cars posted:

TG posted:

you just might have what it takes to be an amazing lawyer. you've already got the ergo part down. you sure you haven't been to law school?

littlegreenpills posted:

what other forum with no women on it would condemn sexual assault so hard

i dont think we need to pat ourselves on the back for not being pieces of shit.

i was not here for the bhpn, but as i understand it, he had sex with a woman (i dont think she was underage, but please feel free to correct me, or if there's some part of this story i'm unaware of that makes it much worse than i'm describing) who later turned out to be a sex worker, unbeknownst to bhpn until after the fact

everyone is going to agree that, at BEST, that is a naively dumb thing to do, including bhpn. but seems to me that being a naive dolt is exactly what self-crit is for, to seriously interrogate why you did something, what blinders you had on, what failure of understanding/empathy/awareness lead to that. and it seems to me, meltdown about reactionaries aside, that bhpn has at least attempted to do that over the years. maybe it turns out in his heart of hearts that he really knew what he was doing the whole time, that it was done out of a place of misogyny. but then why even admit it at all? even the most oblivious, self-immolatingly confessional idiots over the years like Two Worlds at least had the good sense not to admit to their worst stuff unprovoked

god help me, but i am willing to go out on a limb and say that if bhpn finds himself in Thailand again, he will PROBABLY not do a similar thing again.

the thing that struck me about the Sam Kriss story, and i'm sure struck many other people (and literally every woman who has ever lived) is that he has clearly done this many, many times. and it's telling that the best defense he can muster, a man who gets paid to put his thoughts into words, was "but we had a prior relationship!"
yeah like i shant be clapping emojing anyone here for viewing me as a fucking human being and not a vessel to masturbate into like ole samson does with women

BUT its somewhat reassuring that menfolk SOMEWHERE IN THIS HELLISH WEIRD HORRIFIC SEX OBSESSED GENERATION arent all proto creeps/serial harassers as i am led to believe

shapes posted:

the thing that struck me about the Sam Kriss story, and i'm sure struck many other people (and literally every woman who has ever lived) is that he has clearly done this many, many times. and it's telling that the best defense he can muster, a man who gets paid to put his thoughts into words, was "but we had a prior relationship!"

seriously can't even get over how his response made an awful situation all the more repugnant, for this exact reason

like, if he had left it at the first paragraph, that would have at least read like a first step of genuine contriteness. but then he had to indulge in that narcissistic affirmation of his own Actual Goodness, dropping bombshells like the above, but, you know, dressed up with all the apology-words he knows at an intellectual level are expected of him. words aren't enough on their own, but in his case they now seem completely null of restorative potential

also i like everyone posting in here & i think redemption needs to be possible for those who actually do work to change their behaviors and attitudes. lots of people have changed their tune, from paul of tarsus to pu yi. i hope we all stick around and work together in the ways we can to become better communists and better people

the price of hypocrisy is no joke tho, he's getting dragged pretty much universally - by the left for being a sexual abuser, and by the right-wing misogynists who would ordinarily defend rapist men because of his history as anti-gamergate. never seen twitter so united like this before.
hey sam, (flick) read this , (flick) read it, (flick) read this tweet I wrote it for you
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

roseweird posted:

kamelred posted:

i really don't see how dredging it up every other month could serve any purpose other than the sort of weird territorial posturing that bhpn is absolutely correct in saying almost always disguises something worse anyway

sequence of events: someone writes a post pontificating about rhizzone's response to sexual abuse, i joke "i upvoted this for reminder about bhpn", bhpn downvotes me for it so i say something, i don't really continue to pursue the topic much, but i am accused of being a fascist and of attacking bhpn to cover up some terrible secret that i have, well ok

why respond scriptorially to a downvote tho. that's like yelling at ppl who frown at you, instead of holding it in till they call you an idiot fuckshit

roseweird posted:

but i am accused of being a fascist and of attacking bhpn to cover up some terrible secret that i have, well ok

the Institute's official recommendation is that with facts & the dialectic at our disposal we don't need to ah, Fuck With vague accusations of hidden internal motives against current posters atm, please instead log them with me in PMs so I can consume everyone's paranoia over time as the ambrosia of my posting power.

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
personally, I'm posting from the grave. we aren't even allowed to organize down here!
we should also remember that each of us will become forums Deep Memes in time, ensuring our survival in roseweird's future. The goal is to earn a nice kitty cat picture along the way.
picture, if you will, the deadliestken slowly dragging his weinstein article to the recycling bin

or did he squeeze one out before he got busted idk
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/journalist-sam-kriss-suspended-from-labour-party-over-sexual-harassment-allegations_uk_59e9d8a0e4b05b4f1c3a9b9f

"sexual harassment allegations" *sighs loudly while rubbing temples*
what the fuck is going to happen next