le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

*wipes tear* our boy is all grown up

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/hillary-clinton-what-happened-review_us_59c16721e4b0186c22066d72?ncid=engmodushpmg00000004

like most recent deadken articles, it's well written, witty, and about something that doesn't actually deserve discussion

Like most mainstream media, the fun is really had in the discussion surrounding the issue.
deadken does too much purple prose imo.
he does the grotesque intro every time
[account deactivated]

ilmdge posted:

why does he start with grotesque but end with tragedy? doesnt make sense.

tpaine posted:

almost like he's a terrible poster/writer

in the land of the bloggers, the one-gimmick poster is king

ok sam kriss, you've convinced me, i have gone and bought this book you recomended
deadkens short stories were good
whatever

Edited by tears ()

littlegreenpills posted:

deadkens short stories were good

he had one about stumbling onto an ancient byzantine tank battlefield or whatever that was good. id read more of that type of stuff definitely.

hows this thread ive never clickd on before now
how did i miss this, whydid no one show me this

deadken went from posting only 'hitler' and 'dubstep' to writing overwrought thinkpieces for national media over the span of like two years, and, personally, im glad of it
[account deactivated]
bitch i might
bitch make sure you have his consent first

ilmdge posted:

lol Keven

hahhahaha
its sort of "freaking my nut out" that a post parodying sam krisses posting style is getting 500 likes on twitter. who could have forseen any of this in 2008.
[account deactivated]
mockery is the sincerest form of fattery. fatass
[account deactivated]
i liked keven's post. i thought it was funny. hi tpaine
[account deactivated]

AZ_IZ_OT posted:

Identitarianism is a fever of the body politic and allowing it to run its course should generate systems with less of the current barriers to organizing

IMO

I agree... I too like dialectic's

Welcome ken
Keven is the Joker to Sam Kriss's Draco Malfoy
[account deactivated]
https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/10/what-happened-review-so-long.html

What I believe now is that What Happened is a memoir about power, one that accomplishes through the sympathetic portrayal of a heroic character a vision of danger more subtle and persuasive than could be achieved by way of a more straightforward polemic. It is no mistake that the book begins with former Presidents of all parties brought together by wariness of newest member of their club, how they console one another with social offers, how above all they are civil to one another, how more than half of them come from only two families. This is a book about how power preserves and reproduces itself, at times through the naked domination of a Trump figure, but more often, and perhaps more alarmingly, through the slow churning transformation of an idealist like the Hillary Clinton we meet here.

It is a book about how the structures of capital and empire turn even the brightest young radicals into its servants, how it can turn a student who implored her college class to discover “ecstatic modes of living” into a candidate angered by black activists’ impatience. The true plot of this book is about an anti-Vietnam War radical who later finds herself celebrating the “values-driven” foreign policy of American Empire. It is about an heir apparent who is felled by international antagonism and the malfeasance of covert operatives but who does not ask how all this spy craft came to power in the first place. It is about how a bright, ambitious politician can believe, truly believe, that she has been fighting for the same values all her life and yet become someone who could only be unrecognizable to her younger self.

Some of the most convincing moments in this memoir concern Clinton’s apprehension about the enormity of the power she is trying to inherit. It is an immense and monstrous thing, beyond the capacity of any human being to take on without some practice. Clinton tells us how she pauses and breathes and makes herself ready by setting aside her anxieties and qualms. These moments are a microcosm for the whole project here. They are infrequent and easy to miss. But you can find them hidden between the long passages about her daughter, whom she truly, clearly loves, and who appears in this book like nothing less than the next Clinton meant to take up quest for American power.

The true intentions of this book were hiding in plain sight from the beginning. On page nine, Clinton writes that the core feature of authoritarianism is “attempting to define reality.”

“This is what the Soviets did when they erased political dissidents from historical photos. This is what happens in George Orwell’s classic novel Nineteen Eight-Four, when a torturer holds up four fingers and delivers electric shocks until his prisoner sees five fingers as ordered. The goal is to make you question logic and reason and to sow mistrust toward exactly the people we need to rely on: our leaders, the press, experts who seek to guide public policy based on evidence, ourselves.”

That is, authoritarianism is the malicious campaign to make ordinary people distrust authority. This book is about how someone can come to believe that. How despite play-acting conflict between its factions, power exists to remake itself. How it intoxicates and corrupts beneath a veneer of good intentions. How it makes you forget what happened, to the country, to the world, to yourself.
paste magazine, a magazine for paste
if only Climpon could have understood the complex World reasons evil slavs made her lose then shed be president and her book would be good

tears posted:

paste magazine, a magazine for people who eat paste

In her latest interview, Clinton borrowed a prison phrase to accuse Comey of costing her the election by re-opening the investigation into her private email server.

“He did shiv me, yeah…

if she wanted to avoid prison violence she should have stuck it out as a slave in an executive's mansion

cars posted:

In her latest interview, Clinton borrowed a prison phrase to accuse Comey of costing her the election by re-opening the investigation into her private email server.

“He did shiv me, yeah…

if she wanted to avoid prison violence she should have stuck it out as a slave in an executive's mansion

this is what she gets for being a superpredator

Cyber 9/11.
3000 dead verrits
Biannual reminder of what happens within 10 years of liking hillary clinton hillaryis44.com

swampman posted:

Biannual reminder of what happens within 10 years of liking hillary clinton hillaryis44.com

lol honestly i can see that happening again as this crop of hill stans already is supporting prison labor, arguing against a $15/hr wage, thinks single payer SHOULD never ever happen etc

i slam my fast plane into ur big tower
then into ur other one