AZ_IZ_OT posted:

so it's annoying that nobody will explain whether that conceptual gap has been bridged or not

it doesn' teven exist, so you can pretty much consider it bridged or not at your own leisure

see also: the "transformation problem"

stop reifying bourgeois economics with your anti-imperialist books

also, all value is subjective
karl marx: revisionist?

babyhueypnewton posted:

I recently read some of "North Korea: Markets and Military Rule" by Hazel Smith because she's a left-liberal and an advocate for peace. It was horrid. Not only because it was propaganda but the scholarship was quite poor and lazy.

i've been meaning to look at this book because smith was one of the academic voices soberly countering the imperial narrative about the dprk. sad to hear it's bad and trash

These are the happy days, a fresh new list of books to read, maybe throw a few titles into the search engine at the library. But then you need a password to place a hold... I'll leave this tab open, for when I get back to this important study. Until I remember my password I guess I'll just watch this supercut of hockey players getting injured when the bench door is left open.
got to bridge the liberal buzzwords-marxism gap first
[account deactivated]
please dont own me for asking this but is there any area of academia that would be of any use to a tankie stalinist authoritarian gone mad with blood lust? ive been saving money to go back to school but if i cant find a way of earning a liberal arts degree that wont agitate my brain snakes then i just have to get a Computer Guy degree instead

i am tracking down a lot of these books and some of them seem like they would be tough without access to a university library system
get a computer guy degree and program us some emoticons

kamelred posted:

i am tracking down a lot of these books and some of them seem like they would be tough without access to a university library system

not sure about the others, but almost everything i psoted is availible through libgen or google

bhpn can i get the dropbox link for teh korea stuff
speaking of which here is my google drive. maybe i will make a post in this thread about psychoanalysis and schizophrenia https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5Ul5dKwvig2Zkp5eWp2OW4tUzg

bit188 posted:

maybe i will make a post in this thread about psychoanalysis and schizophrenia

please do this

[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

karphead posted:

bit188 posted:

maybe i will make a post in this thread about psychoanalysis and schizophrenia

please do this

bit188 posted:

bhpn can i get the dropbox link for teh korea stuff

Sorry this doesn't have all of them and has some garbage, I'll be able to steal the rest at the end of the month though.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wd5jzvoadv8fbdg/AAB4CpR_g7KrAERbTtIn3LLLa?dl=0

Also if you want to read books about anime...

your "Anime" folder is conspiciously placed outside your "Art" folder. explain yourself
lenins theory of anime
Appears someone skipped bhpn's left forum panel, "Anime: Art or Science?"

kamelred posted:

please dont own me for asking this but is there any area of academia that would be of any use to a tankie stalinist authoritarian gone mad with blood lust?

Education.

Agricultural sciences
medieval studies

babyhueypnewton posted:

Sorry this doesn't have all of them and has some garbage, I'll be able to steal the rest at the end of the month though.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wd5jzvoadv8fbdg/AAB4CpR_g7KrAERbTtIn3LLLa?dl=0

Also if you want to read books about anime...

thanks. i actually do want the anime books.. chjeers

tears posted:

“This is a surprising book. At a time when confusion about Globalization surrounds us, Zak Cope pulls us towards what is fundamental. He outlines the 19th & 20th century recasting of the diverse human world into rigid forms of oppressed colonized societies and oppressor colonizing societies. A world divide still heavily determining our lives. Working rigorously in a marxist-leninist vein, the author focuses on how imperialism led to a giant metropolis where even the main working class itself is heavily socially bribed and loyal to capitalist oppression. Much is laid aside in his analysis, particularly the solution to the value-utils gap, in order to concentrate on only what he considers the most basic structure of all in world capitalist society. This is writing both controversial and foundational at one and the same time.”

our loyalties with the capitalists is surely for a short term. . .

tears posted:

Imperialism in the Neocolonial Phase - P J James (Massline Publications, 2011)
- CPI(ML) publication, provides the best Marxist-Leninist history of the neocolonial phase of imperialism i know, with a special section on india, not afraid to reference Stalin, Joseph. good luck finding a copy

i have not had good luck finding a copy

has anyone else?

i should scan it tbh
it's linked here, in a post made literally a day after i asked! http://www.cpiml.in/cms/publications/books/item/1982-imperialism-in-the-neo-colonial-phase-dr-p-j-james
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]