bump

Crow posted:

everything ends, bonclay, death is the ultimate master. Or God i guess but that's not the master that's the Truth <<jools hitler>>. like, what do you think long term success is? it's all transient, even if we, as a species, were wildly successful by some futurist measure, what is that? we'll be humans for 500 million years? we'll explore the universe or something? well, what happens when it all ends?

we create meaning every day, not everything is horrible, though it sometimes may seem that way. but ultimately it is beyond us, we just have to do what we can, there will always be problems and what is a life without complications?

I mean, like the others, that's how I used to think as well. i think this all relates to a state of mind as much as any ideological neurosis or what have you. basically i stopped caring, if my cause is just then it'll triumph. anyone can die, a gamma burst can pierce the earth and kill off life any moment, why obsess over it? the solution is to focus on your self and the people around you, the big questions will resolve how they must, all you must do is remain just and good. If you follow that path, you'll never be alone, and you'll rise to the great challenges ahead

Thank you kind crow

blinkandwheeze posted:

the revolutionary struggles of oppressed peoples the world over have always been a constant source of inspiration and faith for me and i really hope i could in some small way help anyone else find that too

Front-page this post!

bonclay where did u go?

Edit: nevermind I see the blinkandwheeze reply was front-page already

Edited by Belphegor ()

Belphegor posted:

blinkandwheeze posted:

the revolutionary struggles of oppressed peoples the world over have always been a constant source of inspiration and faith for me and i really hope i could in some small way help anyone else find that too

Front-page this post!

bonclay where did u go?

Edit: nevermind I see the blinkandwheeze reply was front-page already

thanks for drawing my attention to this; that was lovely

that post has a good sentiment but is mostly just vague & contentless rhetoric sorry all.
im glad that realsubtle woke from her reoccuring nightmare

blinkandwheeze posted:

that post has a good sentiment but is mostly just vague & contentless rhetoric sorry all.

it's also half a decade old, so this is basically a time-capsule post.

IMO you should rewrite it in light of your current, more evolved sensibilities.