https://www.cnet.com/products/juicero/preview/

On top of that price tag is the cost of your weekly pack subscription. Juicero says in order to use the press, customers must agree to subscribe to a minimum of five packs (called a bundle) per week. With packs priced between $7 and $10, the least you can expect to shell out (in addition to $699 for the press) is about $35 to $50 per week. That adds up to between $140 and $200 a month, or theoretically an eyebrow-raising $1,680 to $2,400 a year.

And if you plan on drinking more than five glasses of juice a week, the ultimate bottom line will balloon with each additional bundle you add to your subscription plan. I suppose that's why investors are so bullish on Juicero's future, financially backing the startup to the tune of 70 million in Series B funding.
my $10 glass of juice lol
wifi enabled juice
we must eliminate the juice
i cannot handle this fucking jouicer, driven over the edge by a juicer

There's a video from CNET of them just squeezing the bag by hand and it's completely identical
but are they wifi dependant hands?
juice
[account deactivated]
they won a victory no one can take from them by getting people to call it a real expensive juicer. because looking at this shit right here it's not. A juicer i mean.
[account deactivated]
lol, you even post the recycling back to the company.

the innovative power of capitalism is truly amazing.
n****
you aint
juice
shit
Something uncanny here folks... if you prostrate and martyr yourself for capitalism, you get to fuck houris of perpetual freshness in paradise
https://www.vox.com/2014/5/19/5729182/the-case-for-raising-chickens-in-virtual-reality

The worst part of techno-fetishism imo is how often these nerds don't even try to address the actual problems. To them, technology is a magical force that can do literally anything in the future but instead of imagining that it will solve all of humanity's ills, they imagine that it will make these ills more bearable. Instead of technology enabling dietary and agricultural practices that eliminate all animal cruelty, it gives chickens an MMO to play while they're debeaked.
you want people to CHANGE THEIR BEHAVIOR?! now i know why posters here get called stalin
they won't give chickens a cage large enough to turn around in because that increases prices by 1 cent a pound but yeah dude they're totally going to develop and deploy tens of millions of chicken virtual reality headsets. my praxis is The Far Side
all of the pro-chicken-VR arguments they make in that article is exactly how the bourgeoisie feels about the ethical need for proles to have access to simple entertainments. i guess the only difference is humans are unlikely to be violently overthrown by battery hens
The case for raising Congolese child cobalt miners in virtual reality
Debeaking might seem cruel, but it greatly decreases incidents of feather and vent pecking among Congolese child miners
someon i'm talking to on tinder keeps tlking about ordering from seamless and im thinking about the possiblity of seamless using prostitutes to boost sales & kinda sighing heavily
probably the real story is terry had some drinks and slept with someone from tinder and the next morning they were like "okay so what are you gonna buy from seamless." it's happened before more or less
the capital class has expropriated so much wealth that they can dump two hundred million dollars in investment capital on Soylent without batting an eye. you heard that right. Soylent. the more expensive and intermittently poisonous version of Ensure, marketed to the grossest nerds on the planet earth
i've intermittently read stuff from the soylent subreddit and at least 50% of these people have severe untreated depression with warning signs the size of the moon they are totally oblivious to. yeah, i'm moving onto an all-soylent diet because i don't really feel like cooking or eating and i only need to save money because i work part time and live in my parents' house, plus i don't care how food tastes anyway
Soylent is very bad but at least it's a product, you got to give them credit for raising 200 million dollars for a protein shake that poisons you instead of a web site that makes you alternately old, smiling, a woman.

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

i've intermittently read stuff from the soylent subreddit and at least 50% of these people have severe untreated depression with warning signs the size of the moon they are totally oblivious to. yeah, i'm moving onto an all-soylent diet because i don't really feel like cooking or eating and i only need to save money because i work part time and live in my parents' house, plus i don't care how food tastes anyway

http://theunitofcaring.tumblr.com/post/160054980296/so-of-course-the-news-that-juicero-is-selling-a

thirdplace posted:

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

http://theunitofcaring.tumblr.com/post/160054980296/so-of-course-the-news-that-juicero-is-selling-a

did you mean to cite this as an example of a person who is completely broken

Edited by le_nelson_mandela_face ()

lmao the largest ingredient in most of these soylent things is maltodextrin, putting them all in the express lane to diabetes

make your own soylent:
1. take a two litre bottle of coke
2. grind up a vitamin tablet and tip it in the coke
3. put some protein powder in
(4. morning variation: grind up and add 1 caffeine tablet)
5. hopefully you have health insurance

thirdplace posted:

im not sure who i hate more, freddie de boer, the tumblr user who thinks depression is a disability requiring an electric toothbrush with proprietary refills, or whoever invented tumblr

lol. but none of these people are deserving of hate. you guys need to lighten up a bit. everything is cool and retarded.
im pretty sure the inventor of tumblr deserves hate

kinch posted:

you guys need to lighten up a bit

mods?

deboer isn't that bad, if you're going to be a moderate soc-dem preoccupied with critiquing online/student teenage leftists, you can do a lot worse than framing the critique around "the things you are doing are not oriented towards any significant strategic goal." ex: every other person who does it
https://www.recode.net/2016/9/12/12893026/doug-evans-juicero-too-embarrassed-to-ask-podcast-transcript

How much money did you raise?

We raised north of $120 million.

KS: Whoa. And from?

Kleiner Perkins, Google Ventures, Campbell’s Soup, Thrive Capital, Artist Ventures.

KS: That's a lot of money. How many have you sold of these?

Oh, come on.

KS: Come on what?

We're not releasing sales numbers but I —

KS: Like 10?

No. I mean, we could sell 10 during this podcast. You probably know at least 10 people that bought it, Kara.

KS: I probably do. But I have 10 people that are really stupid, too.

thirdplace posted:

deboer isn't that bad, if you're going to be a moderate soc-dem preoccupied with critiquing online/student teenage leftists, you can do a lot worse than framing the critique around "the things you are doing are not oriented towards any significant strategic goal." ex: every other person who does it

i guess you're right. i do prefer someone who pees on my leg and tells me it's raining to someone who shits in my lap

thirdplace posted:

freddie deboer wrote a piece about how communists are always right about everything that ended by saying that everything is hopeless because no one has any idea about anything

trust the nerds in sillycon valley to create a food called soylent that is worse in every way than its fictional inspiration, which was made from people