the recent War Nerd ep with Robert Parry about the death of journalism was good
[account deactivated]
how likely do you think it's true that while he was running for pres nixon sabotaged lbj's peace efforts for vietnam? the way parry talked about it, it sounded like it was basically confirmed by documentation but that's a new one for me
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/12/31/opinion/sunday/haldeman-notes.html
(Edit for context: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEPI_9Ju0k)

Edited by wasted ()

Do podcasts made from whatsapp voice messages stitched together sound OK or naff?

I find the quality of the individual snippets are good and its a chilled way to conduct conversations, but worry it will sound weird when brought together into a bigger piece
on the most recent free chapo they are mocking david french's article for saying "bob died because the republicans took his health care. but wait. what if you blamed feminism or steve jobs instead. im smart" but they never even brought up that in every scenario he makes up, bob is less likely to die if he has health care
also the ep about the west wing was good but i don't think they've looked broadly enough. think about any traditional tv show plot. setup, conflict, resolution of conflict, usually with everyone happy or the greater good upheld. michelle wants to have a clown for her birthday, uncle joey can't afford a clown, so serious Danny Tanner dresses up like a clown and they hug. or matlock knows perp guy is guilty, and he makes the guy admit it and the bad man goes to jail. if you're going to write a show where conflicts have clear resolutions and everybody is happy at the end you're not writing politics
luke savage (the guy who wrote the current affairs west wing article they referenced) has a good podcast called "Michael and Us". it started out as a thing where they roast michael moore films one by one, and they haven't really promoted it, but it's way better than most of these twitter podcasts. afaik it's the only canadian podcast worth checking out

xipe posted:

Do podcasts made from whatsapp voice messages stitched together sound OK or naff?

I find the quality of the individual snippets are good and its a chilled way to conduct conversations, but worry it will sound weird when brought together into a bigger piece

did you ever try this

solzhesnitchin posted:

afaik it's the only canadian podcast worth checking out

http://albertapodcast.com/

What are people listening to now?
music
citations needed
that's the name of a podcast, btw; i do not require a reference for the preposition that tears, and other people, listen to music
michael and us has been a guilty pleasure listen of mine
I listen to WTF, and Bill Burr's podcast, and Porkins Policy Review, occasionally ClandesTime, and Le Show.
[account deactivated]
Oz Katerji is real? holy god the poor guy
Tried listening to that podcast the Unexamined Life and it was kinda lame
Unfortunately my job requires gps on my phone so I can’t listen to the good shit on the YouTube,
Podcasts are for children

Petrol posted:

children with a commute!

considering listening t o podcasts

Themselves posted:

Petrol posted:

children with a commute!

ever hear of Music dumb ass 😎

for politics i like the warn nerd
chapo
citation needed
intercepted

all chill fam, all good listen. would recomen the war nerd/chapo crossover episode "the truth about Syria", elegantly demolishes the west media line. ya we've all known said truth for years but there are many younger comrades who have had ther minds opened potentially.

im from uk but I cant think of any good brit pol podcasts., reel politik is decent I guess.

don't rate tht Mehdi "lemme work fro paul dacre" Hassan one but wcyd

the only uk podcast that isn't 100% garbage is "we don't talk about the weather"
I DON'T LISTEN TO

Music

dumb ass

BUT I DO LISTEN TO

DUMB ASS

MUSIC
gonna add some of Novara media output to uk podcasts, "all the best" is a good 30 minute PW listen.
I figured out how to play YouTube videos in the background on my phone, so if u got any good lectures or talks that u enjoyed on YouTube, pls hit me up itt, my job requires lots of driving kthx
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
thought so too, but youtube videos played on certain web browsers use apple's in house video player, which if you close the app, it can still be played from the swipe up menu. it's a bug feature
[account deactivated]

Caesura109 posted:

I enjoyed listening to Rick Roderick's lectures

I think I watched all three of his lecture series a few years back. A lot of his “topical” comments are dated and very early-90s-culture-war-liberal in a way I found kind of annoying... but he was a good introduction to philosophy, especially the “Human Values” series, and he had a great sense of irreverence befitting a philosophy teacher.

Petrol posted:

Themselves posted:

Petrol posted:

children with a commute!

ever hear of Music dumb ass 😎

long story, but my car audio is nothing compared to at home and only serves to frustrate. when i was a kid i put a bunch of money into my car audio. last time i do that!

I don't understand car audio enthusiasts bc no matter what you do there's still noise from the mf car. There is a custom, inthe neighborhood i gentrify, among car audio people, on any day without rain and above 60 degrees, of i assume testing or improving their car speakers, which seems to involve turning the volume all the way up for about 6 or 8 seconds of a really bad top 40 song like the one about loving his bed and his mom but not his gf. Then turning the volume way down or off for maybe 20 seconds, and repeating this for anywhere from 1 to 90 minutes. The two on my block never seem to actually drive the car away with the volume left up. I guess i could just ask them why, but I dont want to be perceived as challenging the kind of alpha men who love that song about loving your bed and mom but not your gf so much that they can only listen to about 6 or 8 seconds of it but always at maximum possible volume.
I do this with audiobooks
there's not that much noise from the car when you've got 3000 watts of power going to the audio to outweigh it. i dont endorse this lifestyle.
[account deactivated]
the new Moderate Rebels episode is on our favourite punching bag: regime change trots
https://soundcloud.com/moderaterebels/syria-regime-change-gang-trotskyists-episode-19