Vile "Shawn Smythe" Rat got owned in Benghazi, fuck you Twitter herbs
it's interesting to me i guess not because the regular loons will draw weird lines between anyone they don't like for any reason, but in context of things like how one of the jacobin-boosting chapo guys now constantly engages in back-and-forth with fivek and every time it happens she actually seems to own him in the admittedly heavily limited context of twitter, she gets more retweets and favorites than he does during those exchanges and picks up hundreds of followers every time it happens, i'd guess because most of his readers are baffled as to why he's punching left and suddenly switching over to full-on beigeism and wander away from those conversations quickly rather than voice support for it. it might also be because the chapo/jacobin guys tend to admire, and point readers toward, the old eXile crew like Ames and Levine and the War Nerd, and even when those folks' politics are bad they have no patience for radical-hunting or denigration of cynical considerations of what's acceptable discourse and what isn't and why, having coined that use of the word "beige" themselves and remaining mostly outside the circle of the younger more NYC-style Sanders/Jacobin/etc. left in English-speaking countries that looks up to them as inspirations from their youth.

i don't expect that to make any sort of dent in the third parties to those conversations who have a tenuous grasp on reality altogether, but what those people write probably ends up being slightly useful, again in the thin-gruel context of leftist twitter, because the very fact those crazy people don't recognize any conflict between the chapo/jacobin folks and people involved in communist party politics likely makes a few people understand that there's something there to read about, and it seems like when people go to check it out, and find those people are actually out there ragging on each other, it reflects at least slightly poorly on the conditional beigeists in their own supposed place of power.

cars posted:

it's interesting to me i guess not because the regular loons will draw weird lines between anyone they don't like for any reason, but in context of things like how one of the jacobin-boosting chapo guys now constantly engages in back-and-forth with fivek and every time it happens she actually seems to own him in the admittedly heavily limited context of twitter, she gets more retweets and favorites than he does during those exchanges and picks up hundreds of followers every time it happens, i'd guess because most of his readers are baffled as to why he's punching left and suddenly switching over to full-on beigeism and wander away from those conversations quickly rather than voice support for it. it might also be because the chapo/jacobin guys tend to admire, and point readers toward, the old eXile crew like Ames and Levine and the War Nerd, and even when those folks' politics are bad they have no patience for radical-hunting or denigration of cynical considerations of what's acceptable discourse and what isn't and why, having coined that use of the word "beige" themselves and remaining mostly outside the circle of the younger more NYC-style Sanders/Jacobin/etc. left in English-speaking countries that looks up to them as inspirations from their youth.

i don't expect that to make any sort of dent in the third parties to those conversations who have a tenuous grasp on reality altogether, but what those people write probably ends up being slightly useful, again in the thin-gruel context of leftist twitter, because the very fact those crazy people don't recognize any conflict between the chapo/jacobin folks and people involved in communist party politics likely makes a few people understand that there's something there to read about, and it seems like when people go to check it out, and find those people are actually out there ragging on each other, it reflects at least slightly poorly on the conditional beigeists in their own supposed place of power.

If that whole network were the goonies rube-goldberg machine I reckon the loons would be the bowling ball, jacobin would be the bursting balloon, eXile would be the hen... And we are all crunk

this comes to mind every time i read a phil greaves or rk tweet

must suck to be owned by a lib
[account deactivated]
dprk: pretty good country, best mf twitter account

Edited by swampman ()

You are taking its burns on the west seriously but it's actually a parody account intended to mock the anti-imperialist defiance of the DPRK, im afraid.

swampman posted:

dprk: pretty good country, best mf twitter account Tweets by DPRK_News

I regret to inform you that liking the DPRK news service twitter is actually a form of liberalism.

that's fair, i've been wallowing a bit this week. I am sincerely sorry if i brightened the day of any livberals.

roseweird posted:

why do crazy people care about the rhizzone so much and talk about it publicly
i looked at @rhizzone_txt for a lark today and mustang posts non sequitur crap in response to it like all the time

mustang is a special case and he does that for whatever reason he keeps also trying to open a million accounts to post here, i think out of love.

the other crazy people who post about the place on other sites think they're doing hard-nosed sleuthing that inevitably ends up determining things like, we all hate the DPRK here because of a thread sarcastically mocking the press for running teen-level stories about the weight of Kim Jong-un.

Same fella but nonetheless I agree:

pogfan1996 posted:

further up in this thread are they REALLY claiming that Settlers is an instruction manual for white supremacists?

colddays posted:

pogfan1996 posted:
further up in this thread are they REALLY claiming that Settlers is an instruction manual for white supremacists?

Twitter leftists really hate Settlers and I don't know why. It's mind boggling.

Edit: because it's an instruction manual to invade Rojava or something? I'd ask but I'm genuinely squeamish interacting with that part of Twitter because anime weirdos won't trawl my posts for weeks just to dox me.

Edited by your_not_aleksandr ()

Hello earwolf I am sure you are reading this thread. Greetings and salutations.

colddays posted:

pogfan1996 posted:

yes and also that j sakai is psyops

wait, so settlers is actually good, but also bad for the opposite reason

cars posted:

roseweird posted:

theyre cursed. i could help, but i dont want to

your_not_aleksandr posted:

Hello earwolf I am sure you are reading this thread. Greetings and salutations.

that guys a deepcover troll tbf

drag us kweeeeen
Just remembered a funny thing: that kookie twitter gang hate selfies and 'prancing around' protesting the war against syria, but Syrians are absolutely MAD for selfies and are currently protesting in Damascus against the war.

I found getfiscasl' twitter acc
Congrats Donald. Stay strong

someone go archive all fringus's tweets just in case
nice when good writers make use of twitter - this in response to "do communists know that patreon is not communist AT ALL?!" b.s.

"Yet Patreon is not capitalistic in this context. The commodity form is an exchange value and how we experience the laborer. In this way the labor, and specifically, the way we experience types of labor, is a reflection of a social relationship. Capitalism is when the relationship between laborer and "master" is one of capital: here, the master experiences the labor as not a human effort, but as a means of profit. Thus, to the master, the laborer is not human, but capital. In the case of patreon, we value the form which the youtuber creates, and experience her labor not as a means of production, but as fundamental human action. Our very willingness to fund her when her labor does not result in profitable production directly represents a distinctively uncapitalistic relationship between the viewer and the youtuber."
What's all this going on.

swampman posted:

nice when good writers make use of twitter - this in response to "do communists know that patreon is not communist AT ALL?!" b.s.

"Yet Patreon is not capitalistic in this context. The commodity form is an exchange value and how we experience the laborer. In this way the labor, and specifically, the way we experience types of labor, is a reflection of a social relationship. Capitalism is when the relationship between laborer and "master" is one of capital: here, the master experiences the labor as not a human effort, but as a means of profit. Thus, to the master, the laborer is not human, but capital. In the case of patreon, we value the form which the youtuber creates, and experience her labor not as a means of production, but as fundamental human action. Our very willingness to fund her when her labor does not result in profitable production directly represents a distinctively uncapitalistic relationship between the viewer and the youtuber."

this is goddamn blithering and why nobody cares about marxism

just say "yes they are anti-capitalists who use patreon, a capitalist business. if there was an alternative that didn't extract an extra percentage of their donations for its profit i bet they'd use that"
That paragraph aims to explain that the social relationship facilitated between the donators and the person asking for donations by Patreon isn't capitalistic which is a different matter than the ethics of using a capitalist business.
it's not even about ethics. it's about "if they had a choice that didn't exploit them they would take it"
of course, that's a given, but that still isn't what that paragraph is about
In much the same way that the mortal kombat tournament is not about death, but life.
The mortal kombat series is on its like fourth reboot
I know nothing about it like post 2002.
sorry swampers i am just Triggered by taking an intuitive idea you can demonstrably teach to illiterate beet farmers by the millions and burying it under jargon

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

sorry swampers i am just Triggered by taking an intuitive idea you can demonstrably teach to illiterate beet farmers by the millions and burying it under jargon

The most complicated concept in that paragrapg is "commodity form" and it's no surprise you recoil at the brutal hard work of understanding that bit

You recoil at salad you fat Bitch
classic ukrainian pysanky on display

also