i received a debt collection letter for a bill that I have never received, in relation to a landlord that retained my deposit without a paper trail, whom i have never and can never meet because they probably don't even live in the same country as me. i can afford it and at this juncture it seems like i have a rosy prognosis in court, which is different from ever getting my money back, but it seems like this is de rigeur for them, they probably do this to everybody and not every young adult will have the resources to fight them. tldr; how am i supposed to lynch my landlord if i will never meet them?

Edited by winebaby ()

[account deactivated]
The reality of this schrodingerian landlord is tenuous: they are at once present, i resided in their house, they have legal meaning and weight. But the actuality of them is vague. Are they a collection of individuals? Are they a slumlord in this very same city? Are they a coalition of shareholders? Are they the sovereign Qatari wealth fund? Are they a Chinese national seeking to store wealth abroad? Perhaps they are a land-poor family that is so poorly organized that this personal inconvenience is a simple misunderstanding. But still: how to assemble a jury of fellow rent-slaves and pass bloody judgement over this kulak?
sounds like Kafka's 'The Castle' or perhaps 'The Trial'
the only trial is continually being forced to see your posts
OF WHICH I PRONOUNCE MYSELF GUILTY

camera_obscura posted:

i received a debt collection letter for a bill that I have never received, in relation to a landlord that retained my deposit without a paper trail, whom i have never and can never meet because they probably don't even live in the same country as me. i can afford it and at this juncture it seems like i have a rosy prognosis in court, which is different from ever getting my money back, but it seems like this is de rigeur for them, they probably do this to everybody and not every young adult will have the resources to fight them. tldr; how am i supposed to lynch my landlord if i will never meet them?

imx tenant law and court access is wildly variable by jurisdiction, but beating someone with a stick is reliably universal

Uh like sometimes you just gotta find them and where they live and what religious institution they attend and then you can handle them. If I can figure out where Satmars are hiding I'm sure you can find your landlord.
*CHALKBOARD SCRATCH*

I'll catch this landlord for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad vampire. Not like going down the pond chasin' bluegills and tommycods. This fuck, swallow your whole income if they have the chance. But it's not gonna be pleasant. I'll find him for three, but I'll catch him, and kill him, for ten. For that you get the head, the tail, the whole damn thing.
i feel like your sig is one upping me here, maybe it's just the beer muscles but i think we've gotta fight
my lips have never tasted the 211 so i guess i just lost to a baby
you can't ride on any public transit in London if you don't have a touch pass card, and you can't have one of those if you're a disorganized homeless dude, and the bus stop benches are smooth, 4" wide, and tilted. they probably grind up homeless people into queen chow

made me realize for the first time why legal tender laws exist
[account deactivated]