it's times like this i thank the many extant gods that you have not yet and are prohibited by the laws of the forum and the universe from changing that avatar
e: lets get that on the new page

stegosaurus posted:

no i totally agree. its pathetic that even the mildest, biggest-tent, vaguest anticommunist social democratic formation only has 20k members in a country of 350 million people. that this is the case is of course completely explained by third worldist analysis.

/

stegosaurus posted:

no i totally agree. its pathetic that even the mildest, biggest-tent, vaguest anticommunist social democratic formation only has 20k members in a country of 350 million people. that this is the case is of course completely explained by third worldist analysis.

i know but on the other hand the only way it's going to get bigger is if people join but on the other other hand (third hand) i've been to leftist events and if it's just pointless dithering punctuated by insane people rambling about their pet issue i am going to roll my eyes like a cartoon skeleton

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

stegosaurus posted:

i know but on the other hand the only way it's going to get bigger is if people join but on the other other hand (third hand) i've been to leftist events and if it's just pointless dithering punctuated by insane people rambling about their pet issue i am going to roll my eyes like a cartoon skeleton

but enough about your posting

stegosaurus posted:

stegosaurus posted:

but enough about your posting

this would be a good motto for a rev org

you should start one. i'll make the wiki

stegosaurus posted:

i have had fun making friends with irl leftists(even some anarchists) and then drinking together and going on weekend trips together and then even trolling republican town halls together. the big trick is to try and make friends with the ones at the meetings that aren't insane. this gets easier the bigger the tent is (but i know this is counterrevolutionary to say)

[account deactivated]
the mao boolean bot is becoming coherent
as donald said about this occasion, never forget that a dedicated group of 19 people can change the world
We should have an urgent thread. Check out nazi scum raising money to bus people into Berkeley on Thursday. If you can go, join antifa to stop them. http://theredelephants.com/help-group-get-berkeley-stand-antifa/
im slowly (and in an area with no actual branch so who knows what da fuck ill even do) joining the pissle
same i wanna but theres none in my area :/
gl to all entryists
Oops I accidentally am in the DSA. What do I do.
detonate your suicide vest
lol
this guy's a hero, hit nazis with bike lock and he's a prof at sfsu https://darktriadman.com/2017/04/20/murderous-antifa-with-bike-lock-outed-as-san-francisco-state-university-professor/
the alt-right responses on twitter are pretty horrific. they want blood and it feels like the first time they've had a name and a face on whom to target their hate and anger. and the liberal reaction is essentially the same but with less bloodthirst.
That's why we need weapons and a well regulated communist militia.

stegosaurus posted:

That's why we need weapons and a well regulated communist militia.

I'll create the website

Safest option is probably to create or sponsor local clubs to promote self defense
How are we supposed to compete with someone like Ivan Thorne,dark triad man?

IVAN THRONE is the bestselling author of The Nine Laws. He is a powerful speaker, business manager and seasoned veteran of the financial industry with over thirty years of study in the classical Japanese military fighting arts

Whats the point of learning to use a gun when the enemy has 30+ YEARS of classical Japanese military training
i know a lot of people at DVC, good place. hope nobody comes and tries to fuck with campus. they dont have a quad (bulldozed and buildings put where it used to be) so hopefully the fascists get pushed into a duck pond filled with bike locks
It took communists three minutes to align with gun owners. Or less.

spectralmarx posted:

It took communists three minutes to align with gun owners. Or less.

i dont know a lot of anti gun communists tbh

It is kinda funny to see them troll the SPLC so effectively

It starts with a prospect declaring himself a “Proud Boy,” suiting up in Fred Perry polo shirts with yellow strips—similar to those worn by skinheads.

The second degree is a “cereal beat-in” during which the new member is punched and beaten by current members until the plebe can rattle off the names of five cereals (you know, Corn Flakes, Rice Krispies, Cheerios!)

The third degree reported involves “adhering to the masturbation regimen and getting a tattoo,” blogger Will Sommer wrote in a recent post.

adhering to the masturbation regimen

catchphrase

[account deactivated]
it's about militarosolutionism, the natural response reaction should have been petrol bombs

spectralmarx posted:

militarosolutionism

hrmmm 🤔

Revolution, the substitution of one social system for another, has always been a struggle, a painful and a cruel struggle, a life and death struggle. And every time the people of the new world came into power, they had to defend themselves against the attempts of the old world to restore the old order by force; these people of the new world always had to be on the alert, always had to be ready to repel the attacks of the old world upon the new system. Yes, you are right when you say that the old social system is breaking down; but it is not breaking down of its own accord. Take Fascism for example. Fascism is a reactionary force which is trying to preserve the old world by means of violence. What will you do with the fascists? Argue with them? Try to convince them? But this will have no effect upon them at all. Communists do not in the least idealize the methods of violence. But they, the Communists, do not want to be taken by surprise, they cannot count on the old world voluntarily departing from the stage, they see that the old system is violently defending itself, and that is why the Communists say to the working class: Answer violence with violence; do all you can to prevent the old dying order from crushing you, do not permit it to put manacles on your hands, on the hands with which you will overthrow the old system. As you see, the Communists regard the substitution of one social system for another, not simply as a spontaneous and peaceful process, but as a complicated, long and violent process. Communists cannot ignore facts.
yeah...as something of a student of history, i always laugh when i hear people talk about how violence never solves everything. i'm a huge fan of using intellectual arguments to persuade people, but i think any child in a schoolyard knows that if neither side backs down, it'll end in violence. of course, there are also those who believe they can win the physical fight and just skip straight to it.
i think everyone should realise that capitalists, who are fine with constant violence to maintain their power, would use violence against any attempt to reduce it.
i'll do an effort post on it later if needed but USAID or w/e conspiracy organ you want to care about contributes a shitload of money to groups like ICNC (International Center on Non-Violent Conflict) and those groups in turn fund studies like the NAVCO Data Project which can "empirically" prove the success of non-violent resistance over violent resistance.

Chenoweth, of University of Denver, one of the leads on this specific project, is a popular reference for liberal peaceniking.

More to the point, though, you can dig through the NAVCO data yourself and it's hilariously bad.

maybe in a different thread i'll post my analysis but digging through all of the conflicts, out of 1700 only around 40 are a: actually peaceful without an actual violent arm and b: successful.

furthermore, 36 out of those conflicts have occurred since the 1980s.

here's the list:

campaign location year target
Anti-Jimenez Venezuela 1958 Jimenez dictatorship
Anti-Karamanlis Greece 1963 Karamanlis regime
Greece Anti-Military Greece 1974 Military rule
Poland Warsaw worker uprising Poland 1976 Communist regime
Argentina pro-democracy movement Argentina 1982 military junta
Bolivian Anti-Junta Bolivia 1982 Military juntas
Argentina pro-democracy movement Argentina 1983 military junta
Anti-Jaafar Sudan 1985 Jaafar Nimiery
Taiwan pro-democracy movement Taiwan 1985 autocratic regime
Argentiana coup plot Argentina 1987 attempted coup
Hungary pro-dem movement Hungary 1989 Communist regime
Solidarity Poland 1989 Communist regime
Velvet Revolution Czechoslovakia 1989 Communist regime
Benin Anti-Communist Benin 1990 Communist regime
Mongolian Anti-communist Mongolia 1990 Communist regime
Slovenia Anti-Communist Slovenia 1990 Communist regime
Velvet Revolution Czechoslovakia 1990 Communist regime
Anti-Arap Moi Kenya 1991 Daniel Arap Moi
Belarus Anti-Communist Belarus 1991 Communist regime
Kyrgyzstan Democratic Movement Kyrgyzstan 1991 USSR
Latvia pro-dem movement Latvia 1991 Communist regime
Russia pro-dem movement Russia 1991 Anti-coup
Sajudis/ Lithuanian pro-democracy movement/ Lithuania 1991 Lithuanian regime
Singing Revolution Estonia 1991 Communist regime
Zambia Anti-Single Party Zambia 1991 One-party rule
Mali Anti-Military Mali 1992 Military rule
Niger Anti-Military Niger 1992 Military rule
Public Against Violence Slovakia 1992 Czech communist government
Thai pro-dem movement Thailand 1992 Suchinda regime
Active Forces Madagascar 1993 Didier Radsiraka
Anti-Banda Malawi 1993 Banda regime
Croatian Institutional Reform Croatia 1999 semi-presidential system
Anti-Fujimori Peru 2000 Fujimori govt
Anti-Milosevic Serbia 2000 Milosevic regime
Anti-PRI Mexico 2000 corrupt govt
Anti-Rawlings Ghana 2000 Rawlings govt
Croatian Institutional Reform Croatia 2000 semi-presidential system
Anti-Chiluba Zambia 2001 Chiluba regime
Rose Revolution Georgia 2003 Shevardnadze regime
Cedar Revolution Lebanon 2005 Syrian forces
the liberal disease of individualism infects this topic as it does all others. the pacifist is squeamish about any violence because it offends their sense of self. the anarchist prefers the personal catharsis of lashing out at the enemy without regard to strategy. the communist must know better.

Petrol posted:

the liberal disease of individualism infects this topic as it does all others. the pacifist is squeamish about any violence because it offends their sense of self. the anarchist prefers the personal catharsis of lashing out at the enemy without regard to strategy. the communist must know better.

the communist knows that the revolution will be tweeted

I'm an 'anti-gun' pacifist communist with zero qualms about using guns and violence in general for the cause
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
After going to that climate march I decided to look into the leftist activity in my state, I always had a notion that there wasn't much here but I had no idea it was this bleak

Edited by fape ()