ahahahah that thread is GOLD. /r/communism is nothing like that anymore, it sucks now. Or maybe it sucked then too and the thread is just good because of all the rhizzone posters. The vast majority of reddit at the moment is trash, but I was pretty pleased to see the sub /r/LateStageCapitalism baloon in size.
[account deactivated]
getfiscal 9 points 4 years ago
Lal salaam. I live in Raipur, Chhattisgarh, India. Well, technically in a forest outside the city. I'm a journalist that's interested in the people's war in India. I don't believe in bourgeois objectivity and I take sides: I think the Maoists are fighting the good fight. One thing that surprised me when I arrived here was how much the Maoists enjoy learning about debates in the West. Every few days I print off a few threads from the Rhizzone and explain them to members of the Maoist army. I can honestly say that the discussion at the Rhizzone informs their day-to-day struggles.

ilmdge posted:

If I had to guess I'd say probably a hater

This is what you're looking for:
https://www.reddit.com/r/communism/comments/16jpgq/come_to_the_rhizzone_a_place_for_comrades/

lol

bhpn was controversial back then. now he's a /r/communism superstar. the science of marxism-leninism inevitably marches on.

Belphegor posted:

ahahahah that thread is GOLD. /r/communism is nothing like that anymore, it sucks now. Or maybe it sucked then too and the thread is just good because of all the rhizzone posters. The vast majority of reddit at the moment is trash, but I was pretty pleased to see the sub /r/LateStageCapitalism baloon in size.

I am a moderator at both. We made it. Reddit is bad though. I get younglings messaging me all the time asking for my opinions on stuff though, just today someone wanted my Stalinist-productivist opinion on China. I hold great power now.

ilmdge posted:

If I had to guess I'd say probably a hater

This is what you're looking for:
https://www.reddit.com/r/communism/comments/16jpgq/come_to_the_rhizzone_a_place_for_comrades/

I undeleted the op of that thread.

what's up with the sex tourism allegations?

colddays posted:

what's up with the sex tourism allegations?

lol

what's up with the sex tourism allegations, is that, bhpn is, a sex tourist.
it's hard to live down a mistake you made like 15 years ago in the age of stalkers
That thread is how I came here, so thank you bhpn.

c_man posted:

i just read this post by j sakai about ecofascism...

This was inset into the piece:

i saw that and thought it was there on purpose but maybe not???

tears posted:

turns out impper had the last laugh here because after posting this i inexplicably watched him plus another person and a pidgeon play popular online card game "hearthstone", for over an hour

think i just got owned

I've made two images which help explain the American left.

solzhesnitchin posted:

lmao i just looked that baby up. $1.5 million grant from the Canadian Multicultural Program. jesus fucking christ.

"The holodomor remains of the worst atrocities committed in humanity's history. between 1932 and 1933, millions of Ukrainians were deliberately murdered at the hands of the soviet regime"

"wow..." *leans back against chair, hands rested firmly behind his head* "that's good... really good. If that doesn't promote multiculturalism, I don't know what will" *picks up phone* "Terry! yeah. what's the max I can approve for funding? one million? how about two? I got something good.... one and half? absolute limit? alright, no problem. yeah. yeah. yeah. this is good, trust me. what is it? two words: RV... and genocide.... yeah. thats what i though. see you this weekend"

i have a theory that fascists don't actually care about those who died in 1930s ukraine. they just really love wheat
also now playing at select theatres in southern mississauga and etobicoke:

wasn't that the cookbook focusing on cum as an ingredient
also, for millennials, here's a pitch: yolo hodor
Love. Honor. Country(.)
Butter Harvest was funded entirely by a rich Ukrainian guy as a vanity project and I'm pretty sure it's even in the extra category of subsidized film where the distribution is subsidized so that theatres carry it. I wouldn't be surprised if they are giving away bundles of tickets to through the nationalist organization rackets, like to Ukrainian nursing homes or whatever. Fortunately I doubt anyone is even watching it. Someone made a Georgian film a few years back about the Ossetian conflict in the same basic way. It's basically like those Atlas Shrugged movies where they rope people into dumping money into it but only five right-wing college students show up to hoot and holler about magic railroads or whatever. Still a better development than movies like the Internship or Lion where Google just makes advertisements for themselves, probably as the result of algorithmic self-awareness and not human intention.
getfiscal did you catch the Kolchak biopic that russian state tv made lol
Critics Consensus: Bitter Harvest lives down to its title with a clichéd wartime romance whose clumsy melodrama dishonors the victims of the real-life horrors it uses as a backdrop.

The Pope is a respectable #3.
jack ma... the innovator... helping us get more garbage into our home quicker. wow

[account deactivated]

getfiscal posted:

Butter Harvest was funded entirely by a rich Ukrainian guy as a vanity project and I'm pretty sure it's even in the extra category of subsidized film where the distribution is subsidized so that theatres carry it. I wouldn't be surprised if they are giving away bundles of tickets to through the nationalist organization rackets, like to Ukrainian nursing homes or whatever. Fortunately I doubt anyone is even watching it. Someone made a Georgian film a few years back about the Ossetian conflict in the same basic way. It's basically like those Atlas Shrugged movies where they rope people into dumping money into it but only five right-wing college students show up to hoot and holler about magic railroads or whatever. Still a better development than movies like the Internship or Lion where Google just makes advertisements for themselves, probably as the result of algorithmic self-awareness and not human intention.

he'll always be right-wing college student at heart but i think proyect graduated from somewhere at some point

roseweird posted:

One day this picture is gonna be in textbooks next to a frame from 'Triumph of the Will'

new halloween movie looks good