The redkahina kast beats rhizzone podcast to market, damn.

didn't listen long enough to tell if it is real, but I can tell you that 'yakety sax' is playing throughout the background of every part I checked.
The fact that this guy whines about YPG being "authoritarian" should be the final say on how good they are: https://kyleorton1991.wordpress.com/category/pydpkk/
very disappointed that chapo trap house rejected black nationalism. i am very surprised. i did not see that one coming.

marlax78 posted:

very disappointed that chapo trap house rejected black nationalism. i am very surprised. i did not see that one coming.

lol what did they say? they've been good so far at not punching left (though usually they avoid this by only talking about bernie sanders or the dsa or whatever). more than a few of their guests and or twitter chums get clowned enough for the whole cast for doing that and i thought they caught on.

it was basically just an entire show of them throwing down the gauntlet vs. identity politics. nationalism, privilege and appropriation discourse were denounced as being part of that

idk the whole thing was a bit on the nose and there were more than a couple sus 'baby with the bathwater' statements but i agree with the overall idea

i mean - correct me if i'm wrong here - but isn't the marxist position that nationalism is something that is, at most, tolerated because it is of instrumental use? like wasn't lenin's entire point that it was a useful fiction to be transcended rather than essentialized?
the guest they had on sounds like the bird from Regular Show
[account deactivated]

solzhesnitchin posted:

i mean - correct me if i'm wrong here - but isn't the marxist position that nationalism is something that is, at most, tolerated because it is of instrumental use? like wasn't lenin's entire point that it was a useful fiction to be transcended rather than essentialized?

maybe in like 1917, grandpa

solzhesnitchin posted:

it was basically just an entire show of them throwing down the gauntlet vs. identity politics. nationalism, privilege and appropriation discourse were denounced as being part of that

idk the whole thing was a bit on the nose and there were more than a couple sus 'baby with the bathwater' statements but i agree with the overall idea

i agree with them taking the piss out of contemporary liberal discourse surrounding identity politics, cultural appropriation, privilege, or whatever, which is what they mostly did. (albeit, i'm nonetheless skeptical of where they're coming from... like they associate, like most liberals, 'black nationalism' with 'black separatism'.)

however, your implication that nationalism is a 'useful fiction' is definitely not the marxist-leninist position. your claim would be like saying "class is a useful fiction to be transcended". nations are real & and the division of the world into oppressor and oppressed nations is real. i could give you lenin quotes about its significance. there's no logical contradiction between wanting to transcend nations, and recognizing they're "essential" to the reproduction of capitalism and that they are the principal contradiction under capitalism-imperialism.

as for Lenin's position (which smart MLs will point out shouldn't dictate what we do a century later necessarily anyway) lgp is right.

i used to prank this forum with early Lenin quotes where he argues against national identity, for instance against education of non-Russians living in Russia in their native tongues, but those come from a time before there was a USSR capable of assisting national struggles, by which time his position had evolved based on undeniable historical developments in the intervening years.

the reason i know those Lenin articles is because back when i was an undergrad i did a small project on the Black Panthers that talked about how the Soviet policy approach to strengthening national identity within the union in part helped define those cultures in a way now taken for granted by Western academics, like, those academics talk about elements of being Kazakh or Uzbek as though they had medieval origins that were only permitted to emerge as part of the Soviet Union under pro-national policies.

Edited by cars ()

cars posted:

i used to prank this forum with early Lenin quotes where he argues against national identity,

there's a good article on the evolution of the bolshevik's stance towards national minorities here if anyone is interested: http://isreview.org/issue/100/anti-imperial-marxism

littlegreenpills posted:

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

did anybody catch that thing about when khamsek was crashing with red kahina the former refused to flush the toilet

https://soundcloud.com/user-918149273/redkahinacast#t=10:17

i expected this to be a link to this

been listening to the war nerd podcast, its good. Also listened to Rania kHalek's podcast where she talks about how she lost her job and almost her entire career because she changed her mind on syria based on facts and evidence and going there to see for herself. I think its pretty rough how a certain section of the paranoid schizophrenic left declared how changing your mind on syria is impossible and that this is definatly a psyop and how she is worse than, uhh, hitler maybe, idk

tears posted:

been listening to the war nerd podcast, its good. Also listened to Rania kHalek's podcast where she talks about how she lost her job and almost her entire career because she changed her mind on syria based on facts and evidence and going there to see for herself. I think its pretty rough how a certain section of the paranoid schizophrenic left declared how changing your mind on syria is impossible and that this is definatly a psyop and how she is worse than, uhh, hitler maybe, idk

it's impossible to trust anything anymore unless you see it yourself, except people's opinions of completely trivial things, which is why i live in a cave and only listen to people talk about video games

solzhesnitchin posted:

which ep was this?

Mannex posted:

which ep was this?

Episode 85 - The Appropriators feat. Shuja Haider (2/22/17)

its not necessarily a great look for leftists to be repeatedly dunking on like 20 year olds saying racism is bad on twitter but i think chapo also gets the criticism wrong and has a really specious kind of response to the cultural appropriation claim, namely that it "takes the focus away" or backgrounds the systemic racism that makes such appropriation possible. which is sort of uhhhhh not well considered because the question isn't one of attention or activism and it actually is provably possible to think to separate unrelated things at different times of the day.

idk i can never listen past the point where the really nerd-voiced guy goes on a tear
delete all podcasts and take powerful magnets to whatever hard drives are hosting them, imo

Edited by toutvabien ()

fuck i just realized i admitted to giving money to chapo

kamelred posted:

idk i can never listen past the point where the really nerd-voiced guy goes on a tear

you're gonna to have to be more specific

kamelred posted:

You are on the wrong web forum then my dude

[account deactivated]
was it this linbk https://soundcloud.com/chapo-trap-house/episode-82-war-is-heck-feat-pisspiggranddad-21317

roseweird posted:

i clicked a link in this thread just now
how can anyone listen to this stuff
whst the hrll
sorry

i tried twice and i only got like a minute in, i don't get it, it's like listening to npr. which i also only heard a few times while in the us but each time i did i could feel my throat closing up as i started going into anaphylactic shock

do you guys like any talk radio though? in my experience a lot of people just straight up hate the entire format and can't understand how anyone enjoys it.

cth are mostly just very very good at making talk radio and talk about a lot of things i'm interested in. for me that outweighs many negatives like the npr tone

if anyone wants to hear the real bad shit - the absolutely unbearable sub-npr garbage - you have to listen to the jacobin radio podcast. it is something else
after trying a bunch of podcasts a while back when i had more commuting to do, the only one i could consistently enjoy was war nerd, and that was still dependent on the topic/guest of the episode. now i dont have to do as much traveling so i dont waste my time listening to podcasts
The War Nerd Yemen episode was really good. Obviously folks know that the US and the Saudis are to blame for the vast majority of the current problems, but they brought on Andrew Cockburn (guy who wrote Kill Chain) to talk a lot of the gritty details regarding US-Saudi cooperation. It's really kind of pathetic how little effort goes into disguising our role in the conflict. If you have airforce training you can legally apply online to go to Saudi and "help" their pilots learn how to not crash the planes they're bombing weddings with. In practice this means literally flying the thing while a Saudi guy operates the guns for you, and sometimes vice versa.
its my wedding night all over again
will menaker is adopted which means he cannot possibly have inherited his grandfathers FBI genes
https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/61a331/me_23f_with_my_boyfriend_22m_of_4_years_money_is/
listening to the latest war nerd and mark ames and dr. dolan do abrasive al pacino impressions within the first 5 minutes. five star comedy gold
listening to the latest war nerd and mark ames and dr. dolan do abrasive al pacino impressions within the first 5 minutes. five star comedy gold

Chthonic_Goat_666 posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/61a331/me_23f_with_my_boyfriend_22m_of_4_years_money_is/

i think you should have actually linked to this one:
reiyashi 53 points 1 day ago
i'm in a poly relationship that started failing after it turned out 90% of our living expenses were being spent to sustain the Cum Town bank balances

https://soundcloud.com/dublininquirer/dara-on-the-sound-of-fighting-for-your-own-culture

this woman died a few days ago, she was a cool cat; thats a podcast she did and this was her blog
https://degreeofuncertainty.wordpress.com/
chapo trap house is trash and i don't really post but i came in here to say that if you ever want a foolproof way to alienate any/all of the 2 women at your shitty reformist DSA mixer then make sure to force everyone to do the "chapo trap squeeze" - stand in a circle and lovingly grab a stranger's neck until you can rest assured that you have exchanged good vibes and confirmed your fragile, fragile masculinity/ utter lack of interpersonal awareness

also helps if you aggressively avoid making eye contact or conversation with any women who show up at your meetings
[account deactivated]
chapo trap house is virtually indistinguishable from the Bob & Tom Show.
war nerd, which i found through some rhizzone post a couple of weeks ago, is pretty easy to listen to and usually interesting, which is the best thing I'll ever say about a podcast.

though i find myself occasionally wondering if they really are just russian propagandists, because if i were one i would do and say basically everything they do. well except for all the talking about russia

Edited by drwhat ()

They've got enough of a past there that i dont think theyd go for it.