https://www.thenation.com/article/leaked-draft-of-trumps-religious-freedom-order-reveals-sweeping-plans-to-legalize-discrimination/
the most important initiative imo is the one where the white house plans to officially ignore far-right paramilitaries & terrorists, and that should be understood in context of quiet cultivation of those groups' soft support by the people behind reagan and george w. bush, with bush sr., mccain and romney all suffering electoral losses because of their inability to muster the same
[account deactivated]
I'm not sure this is such a materialist analysis but I gotta hand it to the Trump administration for putting three abusive dad archetypes in the three most powerful positions in government:

- Trump, the super-capitalist adulterer. Dadphrase: "Daddy's on the fucking phone!"
- Pence, the belt-wielding religious weirdo. Dadphrase: "I've given you enough chances to repent. I have to do this"
- Bannon, the neglectful alcoholic. Dadphrase: "You wouldn't know this, but your mother has made my life impossible, and she poisoned you against me."

sunny posted:

https://www.thenation.com/article/leaked-draft-of-trumps-religious-freedom-order-reveals-sweeping-plans-to-legalize-discrimination/

White House officials told ABC News that the draft appears to be among the hundreds of executive orders that are circulating –- drafted by either the Trump transition team, the White House policy team or even by outside groups –- and that not all reflect administration thinking or likely policy. One official did not say who drafted this potential order, but did not dispute its authenticity.

“We do not have plans to sign anything at this time but will let you know when we have any updates,” said Sarah Huckabee Sanders, a White House spokesperson.

http://www.towleroad.com/2017/02/white-house-religious-freedom/ 🙏

sunny posted:

i have legitimate moral objections based on my christian faith to sustaining capitalism and participating in it's legitimacy

swampman posted:

I'm not sure this is such a materialist analysis but I gotta hand it to the Trump administration for putting three abusive dad archetypes in the three most powerful positions in government:

- Trump, the super-capitalist adulterer. Dadphrase: "Daddy's on the fucking phone!"
- Pence, the belt-wielding religious weirdo. Dadphrase: "I've given you enough chances to repent. I have to do this"
- Bannon, the neglectful alcoholic. Dadphrase: "You wouldn't know this, but your mother has made my life impossible, and she poisoned you against me."

he knows the greatest obstacle for the left to overcome is Dad

[account deactivated]

rename DYTD to The Left Case For Drunk

cars posted:

rename DYTD to The Left Case For Drunk

its Dunk now

Telesur: Lebanon's Hezbollah Leader Says Not Afraid of 'Idiot' Trump

The leader of the Lebanese resistance Secretary General Sayyed Hasan Nasrallah emphasized that Hezbollah, which has always won all wars and challenges, is not afraid of the “idiot” U.S. President Donald Trump, according to Al-Manar.

“Trump has not come up with anything new. He just revealed the real face of the racist, oppressive and ugly U.S. administration,” Nasrallah said, referring to Trump. “We have to thank him for this.”

"We are very optimistic that when an idiot settles in the White House and boasts about his idiocy, this is the beginning of relief for the oppressed around the world,” he said dismissing that his movement would be fearful of the new aggressive U.S. administration.

"bumbling empire" confirmed by hasan nasrallah
My favourite story of u.s. imperialist incompetence is the Hezbollah busting a cia ring because they were using the codeword "pizza" to refer to their secret meeting place of a Pizza hut in beirut
"stupid fat americans"

blinkandwheeze posted:

My favourite story of u.s. imperialist incompetence is the Hezbollah busting a cia ring because they were using the codeword "pizza" to refer to their secret meeting place of a Pizza hut in beirut

this but using pizza as a codeword for satanic child sacrifice

The most believable thing about pizza gate is the code word pizza was being used because the satanic pedophilia ring was based out of a pizza restaurant.
hello, delivery? can i get a large pepperoni with extra cheese
*30 minutes pass*
*dude in black robes brings a kidnapped thai boy to my door*
*le jim from The Office face*
The other believable thing about pizzagate is that some creepy Washington power brokers woudl fuck little children.
i don't know who created...the dark lord baphomet? but i hope we make donald trump take-a-baph-at-the-polls.

ilmdge posted:

The other believable thing about pizzagate is that some creepy Washington power brokers woudl fuck little children.

that's not a thing about pizzagate though that's just a general fact. some fucking pizza place has nothing to do with that and it's hilarious to believe the internet's pedophile headquarters would ever do anything to expose or combat it, seeing as they don't give a flying fuck about all the overwhelmingly substantiated accounts of institutional child sexual abuse by organizations like the military, NYPD & other LEO, FBI etc

well yeah
wrong thread
I'm sure there's pedophiles in USA government but afaik it doesn't act as the you must be THIS tall to ride post as it does in the UK.
Cannoli (2).......$1.99
This is code for a kidnapped Italian child who has been fattened up on pastries and sells for USD $199,000. The number 2 is a Satanic symbol signifying Lucifer's horns thrust upward in defiance against servility to God.
Chicken tenders (4).......$3.99
This is code for a kidnapped Appalachian child who has been "tenderized" = doped with heroin, and sells for $399,000. The number 4 is a Satanic symbol signifying the 4 weapons of the Satanists and evil magicians: black magic ritual devices.
Spaghetti bolognese ....... $7.49
This is code for a kidnapped Italian child abducted from a lowly cattle rancher that sells for $749,000. "Spaghetti" is a reference to that scene from Lady and the Tramp.
sorry if this is the wrong thread or if it's already been covered, but what does everyone think of all this trump and russia stuff?

is the trump administration compromised by foreign influences? is he putins puppet? is he a traitor?
are you fucking joking

AynRandAnCap posted:

sorry if this is the wrong thread or if it's already been covered, but what does everyone think of all this trump and russia stuff?

is the trump administration compromised by foreign influences? is he putins puppet? is he a traitor?

this russia crap is completely manufactured by libs and natsec filth who are assmad about losing to a clown

AynRandAnCap posted:

i'd suggest reading articles on the Worker's Spatula tagged with Trump for an objective Marxian analysis of the relationship between Trump, Russia, and the International Communist Movement (ICM).

@le_nelson_mandela_face thats what i thought at first too, but the resignation of flynn, combined with the huge push from the media, has me wondering. even sites that were really skeptical of the russia narrative have started treating it more serious, like the intercept or FAIR.

i mean, all that stuff about being a traitor and everything seems dramatic and like fake patriotism from establishment dems, but it might be enough to actually get him impeached. maybe? just wondering.
as usual, the russophobe narrative counts on intellectual laziness. granting the alphabet boys everything they claim, which isn't necessary anyway given the firing of Flynn to avoid friction, what happened was that Flynn raised the topic of sanctions with the russian ambassador, expected behavior under the stated intention of Trump to pivot on Russia, then denied it, which embarrassed Trump when the intelligence communities (again) leaked shit they never would have about conversations by previous incoming administration teams to embarrass someone who threatened their power to intimidate other officials.

that says jack-all about the still-unsubstantiated claim that Russia helped elect Trump. i think Yasha Levine has it right that the point to hammer is: the intelligence agencies are tapping the phones of members of campaign teams whose candidates aren't even in government yet. it may seem naive to point that out but people will find it unsettling and discomfiting.
as far as all this stuff coming purely out of unconfirmed SIGINT intercepts between Russian agents, 1) i don't really believe that's SOP for any U.S. agency, and 2) if it's true it makes the fact they leaked it to shame an elected official that much more shady.
look at it this way, if the CIA had intercepted chatter between Venezuelan agents talking about Obama officials directly authorizing Honduran death squads, or saying something completely bogus and damaging about those same officials, there's no way they would anonymously drop a line to the NYT or CNN saying, "hey, just thought you should should know that..." and there would also be no chance that the Honduran coup-makers secretly installed Obama as president.

AynRandAnCap posted:

@le_nelson_mandela_face thats what i thought at first too, but the resignation of flynn, combined with the huge push from the media, has me wondering. even sites that were really skeptical of the russia narrative have started treating it more serious, like the intercept or FAIR.

i mean, all that stuff about being a traitor and everything seems dramatic and like fake patriotism from establishment dems, but it might be enough to actually get him impeached. maybe? just wondering.

if trump was a russian puppet and flynn was talking to the russian ambassador and then got caught lying about it, why would he be fired? because of trump's insistence on honesty in policy?

really all flynn did was float the idea to the ambassador that sanctions might be lifted. what did him in was lying to pence about it

My Little Pinochet

AynRandAnCap posted:

The best way to see for yourself is to read the official "report" Background to “Assessing Russian Activities and Intentions in Recent US Elections”: The Analytic Process and Cyber Incident Attribution and count how many pages you can get before you start laughing. It's a very light 25 pages of bullet points, and entertaining the whole way through!

Here it is.

is anyone pointing out the extremely obvious point that if what russia did (or is alleged to have done) counts as an foreign influence on election, then the us has been involved in basically every election since ww2?

like it seems people are pissed that Russia influenced social media and bs like that... are they retarded?
i'm somewhat sorry for the ableism, but what the fuck people? the us spends millions on other countries elections all the time, pretty much openly. i'm not directly this at the rhizzone of course, but it's something that people should be bringing up all the time.

Red_Canadian posted:

is anyone pointing out the extremely obvious point that if what russia did (or is alleged to have done) counts as an foreign influence on election, then the us has been involved in basically every election since ww2?

nope, pretty sure no ones ever pointed that out