idgi is that a veiled reference to diapers
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

crustpunk_trotsky posted:

tpaine posted:

crustpunk_trotsky posted:
please keep in mind the first chapter is the most coherent part, after that it's like derrida as translated by william s burroughs

whoaaa! check out the big brain on this fucker! 'it's like brig schungle's sophomoric interpretation of boat von schweeb's oooo

lemme try to break this down into terms you can understand *makes fart noises w/ armpit*

you little cuntfuck!

how plebian *puffs on pipe, blows smoke ring perfectly shaped like the Harvard crest that gently wafts up and chokes a poor*

im pretty sure he's more into the yale thing
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
lol u guys are so uptight and insecure, cyclonopedia is a lot of fun, chill out

the first chapter is the worst and most dense imo, its just a bunch of silly numerology games. the good stuff comes later
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

Groulxsmith posted:
that same claim is made about infinite jest and couldn't be any more untrue with regard to it so i'm skeptical when books get slandered that way

infinite jest isnt elaborate pomo style garbage, it's just garbage

yeah it's not even half as good as Amis...

Impper posted:

Groulxsmith posted:
that same claim is made about infinite jest and couldn't be any more untrue with regard to it so i'm skeptical when books get slandered that way

infinite jest isnt elaborate pomo style garbage, it's just garbage

gonna have to trust impper on this, can't think of a better expert on the topic of garbage writing

de-numb your senses from designer drugs and overwrought intellectualism and re-read IJ and recapture your humanity. it is not too late
[account deactivated]
infinite jest is neither pomo nor garbage
if it makes you feel like a man you can read cyclonopedia ironically while listenign to sublime frequencies iraqi pop song collections or something
my posting is The Entertainment
i'm going to order a huge stack of pizzas and work on those while microsoft sam reads me Cyclonopedia.

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:
my posting is The Entertainment

i keep clicking to upvote but it seems stuck. mods?

lol crustpunk was so jealous he downvoted...
Christ Christy's new novel on kobe has a chapter entitled The Rape
[account deactivated]
Indeed it does, for it couldn't be avoided
one of my new favorite writing bros is jerzy kozinski, and there is a mega rape chapter. wao! wau!
i want to read oit
the new impper book i mean
you'd have to be crazy to not enter RapeSA and get a goon discount.
oh right kobe raped something
my childhood
kobe raped my sacramento kings >_<

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:
lol crustpunk was so jealous he downvoted...

I try to downvote you whenever I see that av but sometimes I forget sorry

i bought a copy of this a while back but after a couple of attempts decided to hold back on reading it until i had a more workable understanding of transcendental empiricism. & while im still not a Pro i guess im more comfortable w/ the conceptual framework than i was before? basically I'm In
dope! i'd love to see people of as many levels/areas of knowledge approach this, honestly. anyone with any knowledge on deleuzian project would provide a really useful perspective, i'm sure

i think i asked you this before in another thread before ken but i don't think you replied, have you checked out sonic warfare by steve goodman (a.k.a. kode9, who was an active member of the c.c.r.u. who are related very directly to negarestani), it tackles global bass music from a similar philosophical framework

blinkandwheeze posted:
it tackles global bass music from a similar philosophical framework

lol

i was planning to read the book in the OP; can some1 pls confirm that this book is not as absurd as the idea mentioned in the post i just quoted, and is in fact worth setting aside what im currently reading.

Edit: Already copied it to my SMart Phone, so all labor beyond the reading itself is taken care of.

Edited by Skylark ()

Skylark posted:
i was planning to read the book in the OP; can some1 pls confirm that this book is not as absurd as the idea mentioned in the post i just quoted, and is in fact worth setting aside what im currently reading.

naw the things negarestani talks about are generally pretty serious issues - the particular group of london based philosophers he associates with are all nerds who grew up listening to jungle & reggae soundsystems tho so their thinking is marked by that sometimes. there are a lot of traces of john carpenter movies & things like that in cyclonopedia tho, if that's an issue with you i guess

Skylark posted:

Edit: Already copied it to my SMart Phone, so all labor beyond the reading itself is taken care of.

you should hold out for the audiobook edition and drop some acid before listening, I believe this was the author's intent

lol i was aware of kode9's book but i never actually read it no

alternate answer: i am steve goodman, downs syndrome lookin dude and producer of dope ass riddims, irl