Louis Proyect is one of the bravest leftists today, not a single person has come close to his skill and conciseness in exposing fascism. Anti-war organizers are fascist for supporting the destruction of ISIS because they don't join along with the imperialist fascist propaganda against the fascist Syrian regime, which is supported by the fascist Russian government.

Aleppo? Facing a fascistic enemy that has massacred twenty times as many people as ISIS fascists could ever manage, is not full of Good Kurds. It is full of Arabs. And we all know what western imperialist leaders, the far-right, neo-Nazis, Trumpists, racists, and “left-wing anti-imperialists” think of Arabs, especially when they live in Syria. They are all backward, blood-thirsty, barbaric, “jihadis” and “head-choppers,” *all* of the above categories tell us, yes, the left-fascists just as emphatically as any of the others. So those men, women and children, schools hospitals, markets, every sign of life, are not deserving like Good Kurds are. Indeed, the left-fascists are now all over social media, in unison with their far-right co-thinkers, expressing their great joy with the victory of the most violent, most mass-murderous counterrevolutionary massacre of our era, expressing how happy they are that a fascist regime with an airforce, backed by an imperialist state invading with its airforce, have together bombed a whole country to pieces for 5 years

As an anti-fascist organizer, one of the most important principles to recognize is that the enemy is fascism. The other thing to remember is that fascists are tricky and hide behind clever disguises like being a communist. Sometimes, the fascists don't even realize they are fascist! That's how insidious fascism is.

Now, some of the left-fascists out there (I will call them the alt-left for the remainder of this piece) might be asking why would a good anti-fascist call the expulsion of western-backed terrorist groups from Aleppo a counter-revolutionary act. That's simple, because these groups are actually a broad left-wing coalition against Despotism:

Over the past five years, I have written 204 articles about Syria in the hopes that I might convince the left to support the Syrian rebels. The Syrian revolution is our generation’s version of the Spanish Civil War. Unlike the 1930s, however, much of the left today is backing the Syrian equivalent of General Francisco Franco’s fascist military in Spain

My close work with the Bellingcat organization tells me of cries of "No Pasaran!" from the streets of Aleppo as the jackboots march into Aleppo. The crowd-sourced translators are still working on the full translation but you can see the video here:

https://www.rt.com/news/370084-aleppo-liberation-reports-celebrations/

Louis displays his incredible courage yet again by exposing that the real problem isn't just fascism, it is Stalinism

there is an element of Stalinism that explains why so many on the left back Assad

A good case can be made that crypto-Stalinism exists today. I see displays of it every day on the Internet

Now, you might think that the crypto-Stalinist alt-left might be harmless, but when a website stopped Louis from doing Important Anti-Fascist Work through blog comments, he pointed this out:

I suppose I am fortunate that I am only censored. If these people had state power, I probably would have been tortured or killed by now.

Keep fighting the good fight Louis against fascism, left-fascism, Islamofascism, Syrian fascism, Hezbollah fascism, and crypto-Stalinofascism.

can't believe assad has bombed the last paris commune in aleppo
breaking video from aleppo

You can't see it but hes dancing on that poster of Erdogan's face
I can verify that if us people had power, Louis Proyect would indeed be tortured or killed by now, but not for the exact reasons they believe
who are these far-right co-thinkers that supposedly have the same view on syria anyway

88888 posted:

getfiscal posted:

Louis Proyect is cool... one of the few Zinovievites out there. He should be respected and preserved, like a rare insect.

cars posted:

c_man posted:

never forget that louis proyect made a comic about his life

EmanuelaBrolandi posted:

I think it's sad he hates us. Don't forget tht comic is about his days organizing labour in Houston during the cops are KKK out of uniform days when the chief of Ps was a Klansman which is actually p courageous imo

88888 posted:

cars posted:

Louis Proyect did tell getfiscal to leave the jokes to Louis C.K. because project didnt get getfiscal's joke and was embarrassed about it. Add it to the spreadhseet.

ilmdge posted:

that guys irony level is 0 and his trot level is a very large number my brain cant conceive of

gyrofry posted:

thirdplace posted:

isn't he just, like, ill?

you mean like other than trotskyism?

even trotskyists seem to hate him

tears posted:

can't believe assad has bombed the last paris commune in aleppo

I can't believe Assad would stab Thomas Sankara in the back like that.

Finally brown moses gets acknowledgment from the left.
So is he a comic artist or did he pay somebody to commit his life to paper for posterity?

babyhueypnewton posted:

*writes article called Proving the Existence of 7-Year-Old Girl in Eastern Aleppo*
*entire article is jaggedy Google Earth JPEGs and theories about 3G wireless*
*is an ex-British Army officer and open source analyst. He has a special interest in the conflicts in Afghanistan and Ukraine, as well as intelligence, security and international development*

here's my trial burn of 'open source analysts' the open source is between ya butt cheeks,
my question is under what possible circumstances could a 7 year old girl being used as a twitter mouthpiece for someone else's political agenda ever be considered "real". i have a feeling it requires 4 volumes of baudrillard and 60 gallons of lubricant

babyhueypnewton posted:

When I saw the wifi chart I was hoping the proof was in a gag name like "ASS-ad" or a more serious and heartwarming "Wi-Fight".

hahhaa yes bana is Real and living in aleppo, lol.
[account deactivated]

Petrol posted:

hahhaa yes bana is Real and living in aleppo, lol.

well she has a blue checkmark. you can't make that up.

Nashville hot chicken is an abomination. Regular fried chicken with chili sauce is much better.
was "Nashville warm chicken" already taken

tpaine posted:

i don't know if you posted this to make fun of it but i'm gonna make it

When you hate syria so much you attack organizations bringing attention to israeli crimes
[account deactivated]

holy..
does nashville hot chicken have a good or bad reputation?
It has a good reputation and has recently become very popular, but I have v. strong opinions on the use of large amounts dried cayenne pepper in recipes (it's bad). My regional fried chicken preferences have torn the community apart just when we need to come together the most... I'm so sorry...

Aspie_Muslim_Economist_ posted:

It has a good reputation and has recently become very popular, but I have v. strong opinions on the use of large amounts dried cayenne pepper in recipes (it's bad). My regional fried chicken preferences have torn the community apart just when we need to come together the most... I'm so sorry...

[account deactivated]
i made that chicken, it was exactly as delicious as you'd expect buttered fried chicken to be (very)

ilmdge posted:

does nashville hot chicken have a good or bad reputation?

v. good, read this (also good) article: https://theringer.com/the-burning-desire-for-hot-chicken-bf87446b4dda

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

cars posted:

*writes article called Proving the Existence of 7-Year-Old Girl in Eastern Aleppo*
*is an ex-British Army officer and open source analyst. He has a special interest in the conflicts in Afghanistan and Ukraine, as well as intelligence, security and international development*

the bellingcat article seems to cite reasonable stuff, like if there were no internet in aleppo why would the syrian gov bother to do this

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11/13/east-aleppo-residents-sent-text-messages-from-regime-giving-them/

Panopticon posted:

cars posted:

the bellingcat article seems to cite reasonable stuff, like if there were no internet in aleppo why would the syrian gov bother to do this

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11/13/east-aleppo-residents-sent-text-messages-from-regime-giving-them/

Ummm, the SMS service is separate from the Internet (Data) service (at source and receiver). So, you can receive text messages while there is no internet. Proof: Am STEM.

I'm not going to believe you just because you put "proof: stem" at the end of your post. Something like 'open sourced cell phone data intercepting expert' would be a little more convincing

RTC posted:

Panopticon posted:
cars posted:

Ummm, the SMS service is separate from the Internet (Data) service (at source and receiver). So, you can receive text messages while there is no internet. Proof: Am STEM.

but syria does have mobile internet
https://www.mtn.com.sy/press/en/343-mtn-launches-the-most-advanced-internet-service%2C-hspa%2B.html

Something about this is very amusing to me

Yikes he called us Pinheads.