probably not going to miss graphs much
[account deactivated]
Accidentally.
Watched Leonado DeCaprisun's new thing "before the Flood" which was predictably a pile of shit - leo plays a gormless keanu reaves who stares at his feet looking sad while orbiting round a giant elephant with capitalism written on the side which everyone ignores.

Highlight was when he was talking to a woman in india as she was all "pigdog americans use up 62x more energy than us and you're not doing shit to reduce that, china are way better than you and leading the world in renewables, you tell people what to do and dont do shit, fucking hypocrites *spits*" (paraphrased) and poor ol leo bumbles out "i dont think that americans are going to reduce their consumption, whell just have to hope for a miracle new technology to save us" and then she just rolls her eyes.

it ends by saying that if we all just took fewer showers and ate more home grown vegetables everything will be ok (i guess, didnt actually watch the end)
i have now watched the end and can tell you that the solution is to vote for hillary clinton
Thank you Leo for that. Republican climate change deniers will finally come to their senses after they sit down for an hour and listen to a rich democrat celebrity lecture them. Wealthy liberals will nod a long and pat themselves on their back for buying a tesla and shopping at the farmer's market. Poor liberals will continue to buy industrial chicken breasts, drive to work, and get the latest apple products -- but that's okay because they offset all the bad shit when they vote democrat (hell, they even voted for Bernie).
Meanwhile Leo just flew from LA to NYC to meet his real estate consultant that he keeps on retainer. Leo is very concerned about the climate, ("has you partner, Mr. gigglestein, seen my documentary yet? It's very important stuff I'm talking about. I know you have Jerry, that's why I like you, you've seen all my passion projects") so Leo wants to find a place where he can move to when things go bad. Leo is in luck because Jerry has been in meetings all year with developers that are building compounds in New Zealand for wealthy individuals that have the exact same concern as Leo. Leo is relieved.

But what Leo doesn't know is that he and Jerry are going to be lined up on the same wall.

tears posted:

Leonado DeCaprisun

His name isn't spelled at all like it sounds!

Antarctica losing lots of ice. http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-38256932
That will make it easier to drill and mine down there, though, which is good news for America's Interests In The Region
this sucks
look on the bright side, at least we'll finally get to see the ancient antarctic pyramids
Apparently Bill Gates and a bunch of super-wealthy individuals are creating a fund to combat climate change. Thanks guys. Can't way to hear from stupid fucking nerds how they don't need to reduce their consumption because Gates and Musk are gonna fix it global warming so it's all good. Fuck you nerds. Stupid fat fucking nerds. God damn do I EVER HATE NERDS HOLY FUCK.

Bill Gates at press conference in 2030:
"After spending 1 billion dollars our team of hardworking scientists and engineers have created a device which can convert CO2 into marijuana flavored lollipops. Unfortunately the facility is under water and no longer functional. Also the whole world is at war. And every single person that the Gates foundation helped in Africa died an incredibly slow agonizing death due starvation. I tried my best -- thank you for your support. what a wild ride that was"
a new life awaits in the off-world colonies
don't get my started bud

tears posted:

"pigdog americans use up 62x more energy than us and you're not doing shit to reduce that, china are way better than you and leading the world in renewables, you tell people what to do and dont do shit, fucking hypocrites *spits*" (paraphrased) and poor ol leo bumbles out "i dont think that americans are going to reduce their consumption, whell just have to hope for a miracle new technology to save us" and then she just rolls her eyes.

I just watched the doc and I can tell you tears isn't even paraphrasing, this is verbatim.

[account deactivated]
Can't wait for the indiegogo "Help fund a group of FUCKING NERDS prevent global catastrophe"

The Crowd
Didn't read the thread, just the title, anyone mention video games yet??
[account deactivated]
The Wisdom of C.H.U.D.s
We just need a Reagan of the left that can convince people that taxes are like a really cool form of crowdfunding.

Themselves posted:

We just need a Reagan of the left that can convince people that taxes are like a really cool form of crowdfunding.

this has literally been the strategy of left-liberal bloggers for the last ten years

dad, liberal, proud tax payer,
[account deactivated]
YEah I'll miss my family too T-paine
[account deactivated]
He looks mournful
what secret lies beneath that turtleneck. a mans neck? we may never know

cars posted:

Themselves posted:

this has literally been the strategy of left-liberal bloggers for the last ten years

i mean like a rewriting of this song to make it seem cool with like footage of crying rich people and some social programs and stuff.

Edited by Themselves ()

tpaine posted:

the ladybug lookin guy is always my favorite

Aspie_Muslim_Economist_ posted:

He looks mournful

[account deactivated]
I guess I'll miss ice cause apparently it's all going away FAST
ne1 read anything by john bellamy foster- his ecomarx stuff - and are they any good?

tears posted:

ne1 read anything by john bellamy foster- his ecomarx stuff - and are they any good?

I was just looking into his Ecology Against Capitalism after some Ecopsychology stuff.

I think this kind of stuff is a good gateway from ecohippie to marx

parabolart posted:

I was just looking into his Ecology Against Capitalism after some Ecopsychology stuff.

I think this kind of stuff is a good gateway from ecohippie to marx

I read "Fields that conceptulize reality relationally and use relational methods offer the kind of nonmainstream approaches that must be addopted by ecopsychology if it to be a psychology of interrelationship" and instantly went into sleep mode