tpaine posted:

you should have said "what freedoms were the vietnamese threatening exactly?" but you would have had to say it real innocently and they still would have been angry at you for having the temerity to even not know about the wickedness of vietnamese women and children especially. you never know what they're thinking. not really

i work for an organization that helps people find employment and other governmental assistance. the majority of our clients are poor minorities and the homeless so it always amazes me when co-workers fail to apply what they've learned here to the rest of the world.

though i do have to say this is the most rewarding job i've ever had, i actually about care about the people i help, who would have thought?

[account deactivated]
22 tips to get morons to suck cock
there were at least three minion memes on the huddle board at work this morning

i wish i was still unemployed
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

gay_swimmer posted:

there were at least three minion memes on the huddle board at work this morning

i wish i was still unemployed

one of the cool things about construction is ppl print out memes but they're weird blue collar ones we otherwise dont get to see, like it will be the minions but they're saying a rude bumper sticker or coffee mug slogan like I'm not PAID to GIVE a SHIT

[account deactivated]
my brother had a really buff short dude at his construction job who would make minions jokes whenever he could bc it was his favorite movie. like. when he would see a banana he would come up to it amd say "banana" in minions voice
There was a short guy in the plant I worked in last summer who would wear a yellow hoody and basically was a minion. He would get bored and throw random plastic containers into the machinery just so they would have to reset the things. If there was a neat pile of something he'd just knock it over. We worked on an assembly line and he would decide to not do his job and let the product build up and fall off the line while staring right at the boss with a mischievous grin under his wispy mustache. Then there was the wrestling-style grudges going with everybody. He'd knock something out of your hands and ask if you wanted to take it outside (he was about 5 feet tall), or you'd be standing on the production line and across the building he'd be up on the catwalk giving you one of these:

He was such a terrible employee, showing up late, missing shifts, but everyone loved him so I guess the bosses figured they couldn't fire him.
Great worker in terms of arm tassels
I admire the tactic of be such a bad worker that the bosses think that if they fired you it would be a death sentence like driving a guinea pig out to the woods to abandon it
RESOLVED: Minions are the most proletarian media
I only worked there for 3 months, so for all I know he could've been canned, but the line bosses always seemed to be giggling when they threatened to get him fired.
[account deactivated]
I worked at a coffee and tea factory for a very brief period and they would cycle me through tasks to see if there was one I was good at, and there was not. I was paid $7 an hour to do things like unload trucks without gloves or tend this Marx Brothers like contraption which would spray powdered sugar all over me. Obviously I'm going to be rich as hell soon but it was good to have small proletarian experiences like that.

getfiscal posted:

Speaking of which, I've decided to read through this website and the Encyclopedia of Anti-Revisionism Online because basically it's fun and cool to do.

Xi's speaking my language!

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/article/1280652/xi-brings-mass-line-message-home-revolution

President and Communist Party chief Xi Jinping visited the hallowed revolutionary ground of Xibaibo yesterday just three weeks after urging Politburo members to adhere to his "mass line" campaign to bolster public support.

In Xibaibo - the headquarters of the People's Liberation Army before its 1949 victory in the civil war - Xi cited the famous "two musts" speech by late party leader Mao Zedong , who developed the mass line leadership doctrine, state media said.

Xi reminded cadres of Mao's order to preserve modesty and prudence, while sticking to a plain lifestyle and keeping up the struggle. He said the remarks were Mao's insights on how a new ruling party could maintain a long and peaceful reign.

Xi told local officials that "revolutionary history is the best nutrition for communists".

He also toured Zhengding county in the northern province of Hebei , where he began his political career as deputy party secretary more than three decades ago.

Although the visit was later announced by state media, the first official report came from Hebei's weather bureau.

It posted a photograph of Xi waving to onlookers in the street, noting Zhengding's weather "is cool and good for inspection tours".

Analysts saw the trip as a well co-ordinated effort to support Xi's year-long mass-line campaign, a revival of Maoist doctrine to strengthen the party's ties with the people.

Xi officially launched the campaign after a three-day meeting of the decision-making Politburo last month.

"The visit to the rural area in Hebei and Xibaibo is designed to appeal to the conservative wing within the party," said Johnny Lau Yui-siu, a Hong Kong-based commentator.

Lau noted that Xi's visit came after his high-profile trip to Guangdong in November, in which the new party chief voiced his commitment to the economic opening under late paramount leader Deng Xiaoping .

In contrast, Xi's predecessor, Hu Jintao , picked Xibaibo for the site of his first inspection tour soon after being named party chief in 2002.

"The trips with different political symbolism are deliberately designed to appeal for political support from both camps within the party," which also suggested that "the new leader still lacks the confidence to push ahead with his own political agenda".

http://freedomroad.org/2010/05/the-mass-line-what-it-is-and-how-to-use-it/

re the mass line : perhaps the rhizzon could help "Real Life" campaigns engaged in iteratively building a mass line.

if the process is a cycle of gathering, concentrating, returning wishes of the masses repeatedly, perhaps rhiz could collaboratively synthesize with the activists who have gathered those wishes and then help them deliver back a concrete political program for the peoplee.

i was thinking about this as i know bourgeois politics geeks are attempting various tools eg http://smartvote.ie/

we could possibly do create something snazzy like that with a space on the rhizzzone somewhere if we wanted?
[account deactivated]

xipe posted:

http://freedomroad.org/2010/05/the-mass-line-what-it-is-and-how-to-use-it/re the mass line : perhaps the rhizzon could help "Real Life" campaigns engaged in iteratively building a mass line.

if the process is a cycle of gathering, concentrating, returning wishes of the masses repeatedly, perhaps rhiz could collaboratively synthesize with the activists who have gathered those wishes and then help them deliver back a concrete political program for the peoplee.

i was thinking about this as i know bourgeois politics geeks are attempting various tools eg http://smartvote.ie/

we could possibly do create something snazzy like that with a space on the rhizzzone somewhere if we wanted?

your my favorite poster on this site.

i almost applied to join the communist party of canada but someone (a quasi Maoist someone) told me a couple years ago that they and their positions were Bad, can anyone elaborate on this
I don't know if you're being serious (I have 100 ideas per day, and 101 of them are bad) but I do think this could be a good way for rzn to make itself useful, there are some excellent minds and learning here
the YCL in canada has lots of cool people
[account deactivated]
the Yiannopoulos Communist League? im sure they do....

littlegreenpills posted:

i almost applied to join the communist party of canada but someone (a quasi Maoist someone) told me a couple years ago that they and their positions were Bad, can anyone elaborate on this

I'm a pretty big fan of the MLPC because they're active in my area in a positive way and have a line that doesn't suck.

The CPC is still pretty good as far as anti-imperialism goes (they still advocate for withdrawing from NATO, are courageous enough to oppose US intervention in Ukraine and Syria etc) but domestically they're more or less reformists and from what I've heard have a lot of old crufty fogies in their upper membership who are a pain in the ass to try and work with. I'm not all up on the drama though so maybe someone else who's worked in a city where they have more presence can elaborate

Really your best bet is probably to work with and support whatever party is organizing most effectively in your region, it's not like you're married to them for life.

[account deactivated]
mlpc looks good from way the hell down here but iirc getfiscal said they were a cult?
[account deactivated]
Got arrested today for some civil disobedience type shit in connection with DAPL. They downgraded it from criminal mischief to breach of the peace because of the present political climate not favoring the appearance of 'cracking down' so thankfully no jail or charges. one cop did steal 10 cigarettes and three dollars tho, ACAB
Sorry about your life savings.
im glad i stopped following my red state ditch-digging cracker subhuman high school friends years ago so i can't have my darkest suspicions confirmed on what they think about pipeline protests

Edited by le_nelson_mandela_face ()

xipe posted:

xi's mass line campaign is about public office holders acting with dignity and humility and is a response to the widespread perception that the party is corrupt and intertwined with business interests.it's not about promoting class struggle (xi generally supports more privatization and deregulation)

getfiscal posted:

xipe posted:
xi's mass line campaign is about public office holders acting with dignity and humility and is a response to the widespread perception that the party is corrupt and intertwined with business interests.it's not about promoting class struggle (xi generally supports more privatization and deregulation)

getfiscal posted:

it appears that the admin email account is being checked less frequently than a quadriplegic octogenarian's hotmail but someone i know from the internet wants an account. he is a member of a marcyite sect and would help pollute the forum with confused tankie pap. hop to it!

this was your "trump would certainly bring some change to the white house!" whcd2011 moment.

lolin'
nobody at work has discussed the pipeline protests at all which is weird cos at least one of them made two hundred thousand dollars out there a few years ago
The communist party of canada was on my old mail route and i can confirm that it's basically two old people in a crusty attic above a souvlaki shop who basically do nothing but read the newspaper