i wish i could have a friends thanksgiving this year again instead of ordinary family thanksgiving.
[account deactivated]
everyday is thanKKKs"TAKING" in AMERIKKKA
[account deactivated]
I'm going to the sex club's sex party tomorrow, where someone will probably try and make me have sex with their girlfriend. Thats what I'm up to.
i've decided to move back to my hometown because i get along great with my family and a couple of my oldest friends settled down back there last month and i met someone there a while ago who i've been seeing every time i go back and there's a branch office there for my job. but i have to leave my scrappy christian activist cadre. i'm played by theo james because there's only one more of those hunger games ripoff books left.
Thats way better than my thing.
Is your home town a real city or no
I rush aroudn with a thawed turkey under my arm and get bumpd into on a busy sidewalk by cellphone people. The wet turkey splats on the pavement and I erupt with tears and demand $40 compensation. Thanksgrifting
I'm finally quitting the labouring job at the airport I've doing for over 4 years now because I'm sick of it even though it was a pretty formative experience for a sheltered bourgeois person like me, I genuinely enjoy it sometimes and have a lot of friends there now. This ain't news to a lot of you but mastering a physical job that involves a lot of different manual skills and organising people is good for you and makes you a more happy and confident person. I don't think retail or office work scratches the same itch. Anyway I'm doing my philosophy PhD and I just can't get enough done while working shifts and coming home dead tired every morning slash night. Plus I've got some teaching work at the university so goodbye Job I'll miss you
My job situation has taken the "slowly circle the drain staring at oncoming death" path, which is better than an immediate messy death. So I have the time to think about maybe going back to school for some kind of interdisciplinary horseshit that'll be easier to leverage, or to take my time and schmooze into a position with some other organization that I can tolerate.

There's also the option of splitting our org into a radical branch that will keep its current extremely limited funds and a sunshine and rainbows "face" branch that will do Raising Awareness crap and hopefully receive cushy grant funding, in which case one way or another I'd probably still have a position, but it's a divisive plan and I don't know how I feel about it.

Keven posted:

it isn't but i decided i was done with that and also i often have to travel to them and stay there for work and so i'll never be done with that.

cars posted:

it isn't but i decided i was done with that and also i often have to travel to them and stay there for work and so i'll never be done with that.

i get so bored outside real cities. can't take it. i can handle rural life if i have to and i can handle a shithole apartment with rotten roommates in a bad neighborhood but god save me from the insipid "niceness" of small towns

Everyone should consider themselves in temporary positions until I get my shit fully together and hire you all for Goon Island Financial Group, where saying Fail AIDS will be compliant with company policy.
good luck with sex club. try to land one with lots of X chromosomes so your children will survive roseweird's future.

shriekingviolet posted:

i get so bored outside real cities. can't take it. i can handle rural life if i have to and i can handle a shithole apartment with rotten roommates in a bad neighborhood but god save me from the insipid "niceness" of small towns

i'm really boring and easy to please, also i'm not moving to like one third acorn gulch or something. i can be in a rock band again though, i just thought of that too.

an offhand comment on a facebook acquaintance's post prompted someone to smugly ask me "do you support the chavez/maduro regime?" as if they'd cleverly trapped me into being doublehitler

now im uncontrollably yelling at liberals and might need to be physically dragged away from the keyboard
My prof is letting me do a big project on Venezuela this year so I am reading basically every English-language book that isn't titled something like "The Fuhrer of Caracas: From Petrostate to Kleptostate".
[account deactivated]
which ones did jools miss?

Edited by Chthonic_Goat_666 ()

[account deactivated]
This week my classmates found out that I was communist when I said I only want to date a Marxist (duhhh). It lead to a very productive conversation about the merits of communism and faults of capitalism. I've been getting pretty good at communicating radical ideas to conservatives and liberals in a way that's palatable to them. I'm a pretty good speaker, but I need to do a better job remembering specific stats and events to further support my ideas.

I'm going to start some sort of organization that gets trades workers more involved with the community. But not for another year at least. I got a lot more learning to do and want to get more experience with existing organizations in my area. But for now it feels really good to have something I can work towards that'll hopefully better the community.

Ever since I started taking marxism seriously I've been able to use it as a sort of motivator to reject my bad habits and develop good ones. And so in the last year i've been incredibly productive in a lot of areas in my life. I'm a completely different person since I quit my greasy job two years ago. A better, happier person. And I'm excited for my future.
Unfortunately the city I just moved to has cocaine fucking everywhere and that shit is my god damn kryptonite
[account deactivated]
Once again you've strawmanned me to a ridiculous degree
[account deactivated]

cars posted:

Keven posted:

*tips my kroger stores brand breakfast drink* well best of luck to you mate.

[account deactivated]
lol
I'm in love now: with this tomato bisque
Um, yeah, I'll have a medium "Stalin Did Nothing Wrong" with soy, and can I get a half order of the *inhales deeply* "Sam Kriss Cocaine Sam Kriss ISIS Sam Kriss Holocaust Denial Sam Kriss Communist Flouride Mind Control Sam Kriss Terror Plot Sam Kriss Echelon Sam Kriss Deadbeat Dad Sam Kriss Did 9/11 Sam Kriss Sam Kriss Daesh Sam Kriss Slabloy Jeebjeck Sam Kriss VICE Is Worth Less Than Toilet Paper Sam Kriss Samdwich Kroissont," to go?
[account deactivated]

hey posted:

This week my classmates found out that I was communist when I said I only want to date a Marxist (duhhh). It lead to a very productive conversation about the merits of communism and faults of capitalism. I've been getting pretty good at communicating radical ideas to conservatives and liberals in a way that's palatable to them. I'm a pretty good speaker, but I need to do a better job remembering specific stats and events to further support my ideas.

I'm going to start some sort of organization that gets trades workers more involved with the community. But not for another year at least. I got a lot more learning to do and want to get more experience with existing organizations in my area. But for now it feels really good to have something I can work towards that'll hopefully better the community.

Ever since I started taking marxism seriously I've been able to use it as a sort of motivator to reject my bad habits and develop good ones. And so in the last year i've been incredibly productive in a lot of areas in my life. I'm a completely different person since I quit my greasy job two years ago. A better, happier person. And I'm excited for my future.
Unfortunately the city I just moved to has cocaine fucking everywhere and that shit is my god damn kryptonite

You should write a pop self help book on using the principles of Marxism to improve your relationships and take control of your life. Then you'll have plenty of money for cocaine.

5's all around

Aspie_Muslim_Economist_ posted:

hey posted:

You should write a pop self help book on using the principles of Marxism to improve your relationships and take control of your life. Then you'll have plenty of money for cocaine.

I've already published it. A little book called Fuck and Destroy

Keven posted:

*tips my kroger stores brand breakfast drink* well best of luck to you mate.

ty same to you.

shriekingviolet posted:

My job situation has taken the "slowly circle the drain staring at oncoming death" path, which is better than an immediate messy death. So I have the time to think about maybe going back to school for some kind of interdisciplinary horseshit that'll be easier to leverage, or to take my time and schmooze into a position with some other organization that I can tolerate.

There's also the option of splitting our org into a radical branch that will keep its current extremely limited funds and a sunshine and rainbows "face" branch that will do Raising Awareness crap and hopefully receive cushy grant funding, in which case one way or another I'd probably still have a position, but it's a divisive plan and I don't know how I feel about it.

sounds like the radicals are gonna get fucked

Urbandale posted:

sounds like the radicals are gonna get fucked

yeah. being starved of money/people/space makes you talk about really bad ideas because they're the only ideas you have left

will people be down with the radicals being the board of the squishies?
[account deactivated]