hello everyone. things have been busy here the last few weeks.

https://www.liberationnews.org/terrorist-police-slaughter-alfred-olango-and-attack-protestors/

https://www.liberationnews.org/justice-alfred-olango-leads-militant-march-san-diego/

the site is now called olango village, and though police have cleared it twice people have been bbqing nightly and feeding crowds, funded entirely by passing the hat around. the occupy element is winding down now though. police attrition will do that. the connections made and networking done just has to translate into the next step, coalition building. we're currently working alongside a few nationalist groups to push city council candidates during a crowded non-declared party election to commit to a series of reforms.

e: this effort is part of a campaign around the Platform for Black Lives, specifically ellected citizen review boards that exclude DA + pig vets. campaigns such as these have a long history in the US, but have an unfortunate history of petering out. groundwork is being built that we hope to be able to leverage to change. if executed, pushing self-determination struggles to the forefront allows for more room to operate from friendly forces.

Edited by Urbandale ()

Good luck out there Urbandale, hoping for safety for your organizers & allies.
i miss shitposting. i got in trouble on fb for saying a dumb thing whats goin on with yall? i see chatter about the academia, best of luck homie, and i mean that in an earnest way

shriekingviolet posted:

Good luck out there Urbandale, hoping for safety for your organizers & allies.

thx! there have been some injuries, but not on us. here's some detailed on the ground reporting from one of the days. title is eyeroll http://sandiegofreepress.org/2016/09/fear-loathing-el-cajon-1000-people-streets-alfred-olango/

in my RL news, the org's funding sources are drying up and even if it survives jobs will probably have to be axed. maybe mine!
fuck, that sucks, im really sorry to hear that. i dont recall, are youin a parachute-able position?
i don't detail much. and not really, it's a small local thing.
How much do you need? There are 250 users on here, if we each gave $400 each we could give $100,000, which would at least cover part of your salary.
[account deactivated]
Sorry shriekingviolet, I had 400$ to spare but I donated it to the North Carolina Reichstag, I heard they got firebombed.

EmanuelaBrolandi posted:

Because I was an 18 year faking his way thru college and I found a job where I could smoke weed and drink beer at work

Logically dropping out for the "Struggle" does nothing but worsen your options down the line but i have to say taking a breather is worth more than Gold in this rat race or a shit hole
[account deactivated]
Even tho i dropped out i got enough of the 3d/ design skillset to elbow my way back into the field and its really difficult to mute my radical side when the majority around you either "feeling out" feng shui sofa positions for the rich or UXing the next horrid beurocracy.
Real life is no less Computer life unless you """struggle"" is i guess what i was trying to get at *takes swig of o'douls spiked with gin*
my sister was in town and we were at a restaurant and a commercial with sean smith came on and i could not suppress a lol. she asked what was so funny and i explained the whole thing up to and including the viletat
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

*tear begins to well up in left eye* i owned that man so much he was completely dehumanized in my mind, he was nothing more than a caricature of the worst kind of entitled whiteboy warmonger...when he died, it wasn't a man dying. it was an idea

that's what i thought, but it turned out, that idea is even stronger today. we can keep sean's spirit alive for generations to come. join the state department today

[account deactivated]
i got out my phone and googled viletat
*working by my self in an isolated location with bad mobile signal cutting down trees with a chainsaw for shit pay* - "hmm, health and safety legislation doesn't seem particularly mad, and maybe unions are a good thing?"
I make twice what i get paid on average by tips per day on just above minimum wage and sometimes serve shitty celebs
i feel numb and shitty in my office job and am considering something drastic like WWOOFing or some other "go work on a farm somewhere" program
i was in AmeriCorps VISTA one year (sumimasen) and they had a "day of direct service!~" thing where instead of useless admin work they sent you out to a food bank to pull weeds and i felt more productive and happy in that one day than i did the whole rest of that year combined
pulling weeds for a day is a lot better than seasonal farming though. thats why we use the nationally oppressed to do it in the us
the primary thing to look for in a job is the ability to post on the man's dime. my soul flies free

aerdil posted:

walkinginonit posted:

I'm 23 and dating a 30 year old coworker

lol thats not gonna end well, goondolences when the inevitable occurs

Thanks for the support, dog-o-tar

toutvabien posted:

i was in AmeriCorps VISTA one year (sumimasen) and they had a "day of direct service!~" thing where instead of useless admin work they sent you out to a food bank to pull weeds and i felt more productive and happy in that one day than i did the whole rest of that year combined

Urbandale posted:

pulling weeds for a day is a lot better than seasonal farming though. thats why we use the nationally oppressed to do it in the us

yea, theres a big difference between living the country bumpkin life with its varied and fulfilling range of essential agricultural tasks like petting cows,driving the tractor too fast, driving the atv too fast etc, and wearing out your fragile body toiling in the outdoor fruit factories under a cruel and blazing sun god

Doing physical work freakin sucks just hit the gym bud.
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

sometimes when i leave my job i can barely walk. but there's beer

you need a different kind of butthole beer! narf

[account deactivated]
seems economically unproductive
Makework Butt Slave, opening at the georgia dome
[account deactivated]
refusal to breed is mercy, not misanthropy *looks down on u while i'm floating in the lotus position*
[account deactivated]
I made baby too and I demand recognition for my crimes.