[account deactivated]

Belphegor posted:

babyhueypnewton posted:

It's the social media aspect I think because the liberal uniformity and conformity makes the nightmare of structuralism seem mild.

What do you mean by this?

do you have any thoughts on what such an updated apparatus theory would have to say about these types of smokescreens? I've noticed how the media tends to to latch on to the farcical, disgusting aspects of Trumps character to the exclusion of the farcical, disgusting aspects of Clinton's. I get the sense that you are calling for an improved theoretical lens to understand this and I am intrigued.

I've only begun to think about it but maybe I'll make an effort post when it's more sketched out. I would like to incorporate dromology into a more explicit Marxist framework without the vagueness of deleuze (sorry to this forums namesake) and the revisionism of David Harvey though I've been forced to rely on both so far. Anyway thinking about structural differences between this forum and reddit or Twitter for example is something we already theorize in our forums praxis

lol @ the babies crying about this in the twitter comments
[account deactivated]
libs are qqing that russia is "promoting disinformation" to "influence" our election and im liek have you heard of the CIA?
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/john-mccain-trump-withdraw-support-229586

McCain on not supporting Trump: Women 'cannot be degraded and demeaned.' He added: 'They can be bombed and cheated on and you can call them cunts, but you can't demean them.'
reddit has to be rigged in some way. there's just no other explanation for how its userbase can be raving muslim-bashing anti-feminist racist loons and its politics subreddit can be so consistently anti-trump
i guess it's possible trump will lose after all. on the bright side, i toxxed myself

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

reddit has to be rigged in some way. there's just no other explanation for how its userbase can be raving muslim-bashing anti-feminist racist loons and its politics subreddit can be so consistently anti-trump

this can be explained by the following reason: People on reddit consider themselves very smart

c_man posted:

Jared from Subway coming through with his crucial support

[account deactivated]

ilmdge posted:

this can be explained by the following reason: People on reddit consider themselves very smart

there are tons of racist people who think they are smart, in fact the central conceit across the resurgent hard-right is that they possess some hidden knowledge suppressed by leftists/liberals

Edited by le_nelson_mandela_face ()

[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

a lot of people think they're smart but they have this homespun common sense wisdom (that the "real smart" people debunked at the adolescent stage of their psychological development) that they cling to because they're anal clowns who kneejerk against being told things because mr. smarty science man says bad things about god and jesus and we can't have people questioning our deeply held untenable beliefs, they're just like, prejudiced against US sittin' up there in their ivory towers and that very easily translates into "we got the REAL knowledge here in Deer Rut, FL and i don't care what some nerd says"

if you don't think this isn't based on personal experience then i just, i don't even know.

it's literally based on science. Studies have shown that when americans are faced with factual evidence contradicting their political beliefs, they respond by intensifying them. It's the foundation of our entire political order.

[account deactivated]
but redditors are the opposite, theyll be like "I fucking love science" and "Rationally speaking," and things like that. So if the establishment says trump is a clown being puppet mastered by putin that will be their belief set and they will feel pride in how educated they are because they read the thing. Similar to D&d mentality. If you link to something thats from a source not pre-censored into falling in with the washington agenda then youre linking propaganda because these people are the serious ones who know better. (and are racist islamophobes. but, like, not the kind that would admit it about themselves)
[account deactivated]
I dont want to be friends with anyone who wouldnt post at the rhizzone.
[account deactivated]
reddit just hates all the things that our culture makes easy to hate

tpaine posted:

ilmdge posted:

I dont want to be friends with anyone who wouldnt post at the rhizzone.

and with anyone who would post at the rhizzone

no, everyone who posts at the rhizzone is my friend. whether they like it or not

[account deactivated]
i kind of want trump to win so Secret Kremlin becomes Secret Kenyan for a new generation

tpaine posted:

those people are also trash but there's also probably like one of them for every 200 ignorant hicks

you have to remember that you live in florida tuppins and it certainly colors your perspective on humanity

[account deactivated]
geographically youre right but the majority of america lives in cities like new york, chicago, san francisco, etc. so really i'd describe the american people as soulless cosmopolitan neoliberals more concerned about being bourgeois than god
Yeah Florida is just the place they all go in their tired old age to get addicted to painkillers and not be cold sometimes, but it is the destination, not the source. Like Phoenix but with water.
[account deactivated]
i really think all the liberals jumping on the secret russian conspiracy angle has finally broken any last meager faith i have in american democracy. i don't mean that as a quip. i don't know why any of this matters anymore when unpleasant facts can be baselessly reframed as enemy action and liberals eat it up like starving wolfhounds
DONALD TRUMP SAID GLOBAL WARMING IS A CHINESE HOAX
hillary clinton said environmental groups are russian fronts

[account deactivated]
why are we supposed to believe everyday americans care about anything other than making money, protecting their family, owning a gun, and supporting the troops. trump just proved he's a bro and everyone is gonna go into their little private voting box and go "yeah well this is anonymous right? fuck it, i don't want no woman president" and hang a chad for mr t
incidentally i am now selling "hang a chad for mr t" t-shirts (get it? t-shirts???) on the rhizzone store, buy now limited time -10% deal
rename goatstein to Juanita Dogdick
[account deactivated]
i'm writing the case for supporting trump for publication to rhizzone.edu
[account deactivated]