what other ones have died holy shit

http://www.fox5dc.com/news/local-news/204774740-storyD.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser said Monday that an officer involved in the deadly shooting of a motorcyclist on Sunday morning was wearing a body camera, but did not turn the camera on to record video footage until after the shooting took place.

woopsie. Good shooting, no evidence.

In addition to putting whitey on leave, the black officer driving the car was also suspended for using a police car as a barricade. Statistically speaking, of the two officers involved, he is the one most likely to suffer consequences, for improperly using police equipment to apprehend a black man while he was still breathing. The driver used the police car to box in the victim against the curb, so he couldn't have run. It is pretty literally the only safe way to apprehend a motorcyclist attempting to flee without harm to either the rider or risk to the public.

Whitey blew him the fuck up because he couldn't open his car door.

BOUuuuuuOOOoooSSSSHhhh
in a crazy twist:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/fired-not-shooting-suicidal-man-unloaded-gun-article-1.2790243

Former West Virginia police officer fired for not shooting suicidal man armed with unloaded gun

A former police officer in West Virginia says he was fired after he refused to shoot a suicidal man waving an unloaded gun.

Stephen Mader, who once worked for the Weirton Police Department, told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Sunday his ouster came weeks after his confrontation this May with Ronald D. Williams Jr.

Mader refused to fire at Williams while responding to a call about a domestic fight on May 6. But one of two other officers who arrived later did shoot, and Williams, 23, died.

Mader told the Post-Gazette that when he saw Williams — holding a gun while standing on the street — he tried to calm him down.
“I told him, ‘Put down the gun,’ and he’s like, ‘Just shoot me,’” Mader recalled.

“And I told him, ‘I’m not going to shoot you, brother.’ Then he starts flicking his wrist to get me to react to it. I thought I was going to be able to talk to him and deescalate it. I knew it was a suicide-by-cop situation.”

Officers learned after Willaims’ death that his gun was not loaded.

A state police investigation determined the shooting was justified.

But Mader’s bosses determined his non-shooting was not.

Mader, a 25-year-old former Marine, said Weirton Police Chief Rob Alexander scolded him for putting the other officers “in danger” by not shooting the armed man.

Mader was put an on administrative leave, and received a letter of termination June 7 — the day before prosecutors announced the end of the investigation.

The letter said Williams “failed to eliminate a threat.”

It also accused him of acting improperly in two other situations earlier this year. The letter said Mader allegedly swore at a woman while arresting her husband, and failed to report the apparently fatal fall of an elderly woman as suspicious. Mader said he was never given a chance to explain his action in either case.

Mader worked for the department for less than one year. It is unclear if he had any official complaint on his disciplinary record.

Weirton police did not immediately return requests for comment.
http://usuncut.com/black-lives-matter/gruesome-video-shows-tulsa-police-killing-unarmed-terence-crutcher-hands-air/

On Friday, September 16, Crutcher, a father of four, was heading home from music appreciation class at Tulsa Community College when his SUV broke down in the middle of 36th Street North and Lewis Avenue. Shortly after police arrived on the scene, Crutcher, who had no weapon on his person or in his vehicle, was shot and killed with his hands in the air. New York Daily News columnist Shaun King tweeted the dash cam video, which shows police killing Crutcher at the 17-second mark:
A black man's car breaks down and Tulsa pd sent 4 cops and a helicopter and still managed to both taser and shoot him in the back.
If I had a bowl of cops and I told you just one would murder black people, would you take a handful?

America is a white supremacist country
Being senile is cool now

Edited by swampman ()

swampman posted:

http://baltimoregazette.com/charlotte-officials-rioters-anyone-caught-looting-will-welfare-food-stamps-revoked-life/According to multiple reports, city officials have announced new measures in an effort to curb the violence sweeping Charlotte since the shooting of Keith Lamont Scott. Any individuals caught rioting, looting, destroying property or otherwise reacting in a violent and unlawful manner will have their government benefits permanently revoked.

According to the local affiliate WBTC, the punishment also applies to minors who might be participating in the ongoing melee. Parents of underage individuals who are captured while engaging in criminal activities related to the rioting will be held fully accountable, and could risk losing state benefits, as well as the custody of their child.

“Parents are responsible for their children. If they are allowing them to engage in lawless behaviors there will be consequences for them as parents.” Charlotte City Official, Wilson Stewart, told reporters during the 30 minute press conference. “Many of the individuals we have detained are high school students. We urge parents out there to know where their children are at all times until tensions are quelled. Have them adhere to the mandatory curfew. Make them aware that participation in looting, destruction of property, and violently demonstrating on any level will come with severe penalties.”

The announcement was made shortly after hundreds of national guardsmen and law enforcement officers took to the streets intent on restoring calm to the city. Whether or not the recent announcement had any impact on the chaos remains to be seen as the riots grind on into their tecond night. A curfew will be imposed and it is expected that citizens adhere to it or face steep consequences.

if you click on the facebook, twitter, or google plus icons at the bottom of the page on this website they take you to www.facebook.com, www.twitter.com, and www.plus.google.com , respectively

cmon swamp man http://www.snopes.com/charlotte-tells-rioters-anyone-caught-looting-will-lose-welfare-and-food-stamps-permanently/
Henry krinkle posted it on twitter. Then their tweet mysteriously vanished. Without a retraction. So how am i supposed to know when my most trusted sources of journalism cant be assed to give a dink about ethically sourced twitters
"please check your sources" - G. Furr
I'll just leave that task to the g furrs of the world

https://theintercept.com/2016/09/23/no-gun-near-keith-scotts-body-in-video-recorded-by-his-wife-seconds-after-killing-2/

Video recorded by Keith Scott’s wife, Rakeyia, released to the media on Friday, appears to contradict the claim made by Charlotte police sources that a gun was found on the pavement near his feet after he was shot and killed by an officer on Tuesday.

The harrowing images of the fatal encounter were recorded as Rakeyia Scott pleaded with her husband to cooperate with the police and told officers who shouted at him to “drop the gun” that he did not have one. The video does not show the shooting, but it does offer a clear view of the ground around Scott’s body 20 seconds after he was shot.

Those images of the pavement, clear of any objects near the victim’s feet, are significant because they do not show a gun on the ground in the spot where police later claimed one was found.

On Wednesday police sources told a local NBC News affiliate, WCNC, that an image taken by another witness a short time later, after police tape was stretched across the area, showed Scott’s gun on the pavement near his feet.

The new visual evidence raises the question of whether the crime scene was tampered with, since the object in the later image the police identified as a gun was not there in the immediate aftermath of the shooting.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/24/us/charlotte-keith-scott-shooting-video.html?_r=0

here's a from the Charlotte thing, doesn't show the book/gun/trumpsnukeforisis though

He said he hoped the Police Department would release its own videos of the shooting, as protesters have been demanding since Mr. Scott was killed on Tuesday afternoon.

why do I live in a world where I trust Fidel Castro way more than the police in the land of the free

kcnaofficial posted:

why do I live in a world where I trust Fidel Castro way more than the police in the land of the free

Because he was in charge of those police for decades

MarxUltor posted:

kcnaofficial posted:

Because he was in charge of those police for decades

bourgies have managed ours since time immemorial

sucks that I need to get a mansion just to have the cops care about my counterfeir poodle op

And another one gone, and another one gone

http://www.democracynow.org/2016/9/28/i_called_you_to_help_me

Too many witnesses here for the pigs to even make coherent excuses. Look what happens: They circle the guy and even though one of them went for a tazer, another one takes shots. The skittle thing is spot on for cops.
i missed the last protest in boston for BLM and i was like eh...i'll get the next one. like a bus schedule
He was shot for a fucking vape http://fox4kc.com/2016/10/01/watch-live-authorities-release-el-cajon-police-shooting-video/

hey guys, it turns out the popo isn't actually racist or violent at all, it's all just a big misunderstanding haha!

This teenager was walking for hours to and from work — until a police stop changed his life

As its name might suggest, Industrial Way is not known for being pedestrian-friendly.

The road in the Northern California city of Benicia is lined with trucking companies, warehouses and metal-finishing factories. As it curves north, before it turns into Channel Road, the street cuts under busy Interstate 680.

So when Cpl. Kirk Keffer of the Benicia Police Department spotted a lone, lanky teenager walking on Industrial Way during the graveyard shift a few Saturdays ago, he was curious. It was after 11 p.m. and dark outside, and the boy was just nearing the highway overpass.

“Usually in the industrial area, there’s no foot traffic, so it was kind of weird to see someone walking around on foot,” Keffer told The Washington Post.

He stopped his patrol car, got out and called out to the pedestrian.

Was he okay? What was he doing out there by himself?

The teenager, 18-year-old Jourdan Duncan, was equally startled at first.

“I was absolutely nervous,” he said. “I thought, okay, um, did I do anything wrong? Is he going to put me in cuffs? I didn’t do anything bad.”

Duncan told Keffer he was walking back to his parents’ home in Vallejo. He had just gotten off from his job at Pro-Form Laboratories, where the teen worked on the packaging line from 3 p.m. until around midnight.

“Vallejo? That’s like seven miles away,” Keffer said he remembered saying to Duncan.

Soon, he had cleared out the passenger seat in his patrol car and offered Duncan a ride home.

On the drive, Keffer asked the teen more questions. Why Benicia? Why not drive to work?

He was agog that anybody would walk more than two hours each way, every day.

Duncan explained that he had just graduated from Jesse Bethel High School the year before. He had gotten a job at Pro-Form Laboratories in May, and enjoyed being around his co-workers. He was saving money for college, he said — but really wanted to be an officer with the California Highway Patrol, to follow in the footsteps of some relatives who were in law enforcement.

When the timing belt and an engine valve on his 2001 Volvo broke in July, Duncan got a few rides from friends and co-workers, but soon decided he would try to walk to avoid burdening others.

“I didn’t want to always call somebody and be like, ‘Hey, can you pick me up?’ ” he said. “That would have took a lot of people’s time.”

Duncan never told his parents he started walking. (“They thought I was getting rides every day,” he admits.) The first time he plotted out a walkable route on Google Maps, it spit out an estimated commute time of 2 hours and 15 minutes.

“This is going to be a long walk,” Duncan thought. On his first day going to work by foot, he didn’t know what to expect. “The whole way there I just had my earphones in, kept quiet and I just power-walked the whole way.”

That was in July. Gradually, the foot commute grew easier for him.

“The walk now, it’s not a problem for me,” he said.

By the time Keffer pulled up to Duncan’s parents’ house that night — all of 15 minutes later, by car — the police officer was impressed. Most people won’t even walk down to the store, he joked.

“I was just like, wow, Jourdan, that’s really impressive, your dedication and your hard work,” Keffer said. “At age 18, that’s a good work ethic to have, and I said, you know, I admire that. Just keep doing what you’re doing.”

They parted ways and Keffer returned to the police department in Benicia. Still, he couldn’t get Duncan’s commute out of his head. He mentioned his interaction to his shift supervisor, who, like Keffer, happened to be a board member of the Benicia Police Officers’ Association.

“So I hit him up and say, ‘I just had this contact with this young man,’ ” Keffer said. ” ‘He’s walking five hours a day, and I think it should be rewarded. What if we help him out?’ ”

They emailed the rest of the board to seek approval to buy a bicycle. It was, he said, one of the fastest votes they’ve ever taken: Within an hour, enough board members wrote back in agreement. And so, the following day, Keffer visited Wheels in Motion, a local bike shop.

He was looking for a good mountain bike, Keffer explained to the owner. Something with a reliable gearing system that could handle Benicia’s steep hills. The longtime shop owner, Greg Andrade, helped him pick out a $500 Giant-brand bicycle — and loved the teen’s story so much that he also donated a lighting system, brake light and helmet.

The only matter left was how to surprise Duncan.

Keffer looked up Pro-Form Laboratories and dialed the company, asking for Duncan’s boss. Then, he explained their encounter the night before. Was Jourdan scheduled to work Monday? Would they mind if a few officers stopped by the warehouse to surprise him with something?

That Monday night, Sept. 19, Duncan’s supervisor called him out and told him to go outside. Some policemen were waiting for him.

Once again, Duncan was taken aback. His boss assured him he was not in trouble.

Outside, he spotted Keffer, along with some other Benicia police officers.

“‘We have something for you,'” he said they told him, pulling the bicycle out from behind a car. “‘This is your bike’ … I was like, wait, what? Is this some kind of trick?”

The bike was a token of their gratitude, the officers said.

“We would like to acknowledge your hard work and dedication for what you do and setting the example for kids your age,” Keffer said they told him. “Hopefully this’ll make your trip easier.”

Duncan said he was bowled over by the gift, but also stymied by the attention. Several local news stations wanted him on their shows. Normally reserved, he shyly agreed to talk to all of them — “I was so nervous; I’ve never been on TV” — but couldn’t help but think: They want to interview me for walking?

“The walk isn’t hard,” he said. “It’s like a challenge. To me, it was like a challenge to see if I was willing to do whatever it takes to get to work.”

Keffer said that was precisely what moved him to do something for Duncan. And Duncan said the bicycle has made him “feel more at ease” with his commute, which has now been cut down to an hour.

Duncan said he and Keffer are keeping in touch, and that Keffer has offered to take him on a ride-along so he can get a better idea of what being a police officer is all about.

“It’s something I’ve been interested in since high school. A lot of my family members, they’re in law enforcement,” Duncan said. “It’s like, what they do and, due to a lot of people thinking that there are bad cops out there, I want to prove that all cops aren’t bad — which is true, due to what just happened to me.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/inspired-life/wp/2016/09/30/teen-who-walked-two-hours-to-work-surprised-by-cop-who-buys-him-bike/

Edited by Synergy ()

lol nice reveal but you have to go harder than that to beat a tpiss edit
i live right by there. thank you for the local update

angelbutt_dollface posted:

BOUuuuuuOOOoooSSSSHhhh

sometimes when ive had a rough day i just like to relax by watching this video a few times

not me, i love cops
i call le epic "uh doyyyyy???" on this

http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2016/09/body-cameras-are-just-making-police-departments-more-powerful/502421/

Today, research suggests that body cameras significantly reduce the number of public complaints about police. But recent events subvert the idea that the devices help or increase the power of regular people—that is, the policed. Instead of making officers more accountable and transparent to the public, body cameras may be making officers and departments more powerful than they were before.

This is happening across the country. And there are three trends that are repeating themselves over and over.

First, many officers are (either earnestly or conveniently) forgetting to activate their cameras when they’re supposed to. Take the case of Terrence Sterling, an unarmed 31-year-old black man who was fatally shot this month by local police officers in Washington, D.C., after his motorcycle crashed into their car. Contrary to District of Columbia policy, no officer at the scene activated their body camera until after the shooting. The city released footage of Sterling’s final moments this week—but that video begins more than a minute after shots were fired.

Also this week, The Washington Post revealed that an officer present at the shooting of Keith Scott, in Charlotte, North Carolina, did not activate his body camera when he should have. The officer only turned it on immediately after another officer at the scene shot Scott. Due to a feature of the camera that saves the 30 seconds of video prior to its activation, this meant that while the shots were captured on camera, the footage had no sound. (Dashboard-camera video released over the weekend seemed to show that Scott, a 43-year-old black man, had his hands by his side when another officer shot him four times and killed him.)

Next America: Criminal Justice
Crime and punishment in the age of mass incarceration
Read more

Or consult the case of Paul O’Neal, an unarmed 18-year-old black teenager who was shot and killed by a Chicago Police Department officer in late July. The officer’s body camera was also turned off during the shooting.

In case after case, police departments say officers did not have their body cameras activated when it counted. It can seem as though incidents where body-cam footage helped secure an indictment—such as in Marksville, Louisiana, last November, or as in Cincinnati last July—are more rare than the cases where they don’t.

These are breaches of protocol—incidents where events didn’t happen as the law would require. Often, these violations are never significantly punished. This is the second major threat to body-camera accountability: If there’s not significant discipline for officers who fail to follow local policies—as the officers failed in D.C., Chicago, and Charlotte—then it doesn’t matter what’s in the policy.
http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/san-antonio-cop-reportedly-fired-for-feeding-homeless-m-1788585952

Our American law enforcement system enables its officers to abuse their power and harass the citizenry in ways both petty and outright barbaric. Here’s a particularly cruel example, from down in San Antonio: a cop was fired this week after he fed a homeless man a shit sandwich. I do not use “shit sandwich” metaphorically. According to a delicately worded report from the San Antonio Express-News, “the officer reportedly placed fecal matter between two pieces of bread and fed it to a homeless person.”
cop shit man
per the local aclu affiliate in the state where i grew up when they asked for a dash cam video after the police killed someone back in the 2000s there was like a 50-75% chance it "got erased" or "got lost", there are about a million administrative ways to bury video before discovery even if it's captured

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/san-antonio-cop-reportedly-fired-for-feeding-homeless-m-1788585952Our American law enforcement system enables its officers to abuse their power and harass the citizenry in ways both petty and outright barbaric. Here’s a particularly cruel example, from down in San Antonio: a cop was fired this week after he fed a homeless man a shit sandwich. I do not use “shit sandwich” metaphorically. According to a delicately worded report from the San Antonio Express-News, “the officer reportedly placed fecal matter between two pieces of bread and fed it to a homeless person.”

im shocked... shocked he was actually fired

Petrol posted:

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/san-antonio-cop-reportedly-fired-for-feeding-homeless-m-1788585952Our American law enforcement system enables its officers to abuse their power and harass the citizenry in ways both petty and outright barbaric. Here’s a particularly cruel example, from down in San Antonio: a cop was fired this week after he fed a homeless man a shit sandwich. I do not use “shit sandwich” metaphorically. According to a delicately worded report from the San Antonio Express-News, “the officer reportedly placed fecal matter between two pieces of bread and fed it to a homeless person.”

im shocked... shocked he was actually fired

if the cop had just shot the guy he'd still have a job. nothing good comes of getting fancy.

[account deactivated]
I hear 2 gunshots. As I’m getting up I hear the third. As soon as I’m standing, I can see out my side window. Police. Fourth shot. I look at what they’re doing & see my dog on the ground. My dog starts screaming. I scream. More shots. Five, six, seven, eight. There’s 2 cops taking turns shooting him with smiles on their faces. I run out yelling “What the hell!!!!!” They said “Is this your dog?” “Yes!!” I replied. “What happened??!!” The officer said (& I quote!!) “Well you don’t have a dog anymore. He’s done now!” & laughed in my face.

My 1yr old puppy that I did everything in my power to save was laying there dead. They shot my dog like he was a human coming at them with a gun.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/you-dog-anymore-cops-turns-shooting-familys-dog-laughing/#2d1w32Tzt0smR3Hk.99

well what do you expect when american police go more than 2 hours without a good opportunity to shoot a black person to death? it's not like a puppy is the same but when you combine it with the taunting it's enough to tide them over
A significant part of all pig training is now "How to Avoid Responsibility for My Actions 101" and gun violence is a part of that. If a pig is interacting with a person (or another animal) and can imagine a future where it's justified in killing the other, it's probably (legally) safer for the pig to start killing right away. They're basically aborting witness fetuses. Come to think of it that's probably a major part of racist genocide in general
puppycideDB.com
http://www.theroot.com/everything-you-think-you-know-about-the-death-of-mike-b-1793261221

My fists are registered as automatic weapons, actually.
http://www.complex.com/life/2017/03/nypd-cop-in-trouble-for-black-lives-matter-tweet

Bishop later admitted she meant to type “Bluelivesmatter,” but her phone’s autocorrect had changed the hashtag to #Blacklivesmatter. Her attorney, John Tynan, pointed out his client had posted the comment three times, and two of those posts, indeed, featured the #Bluelivesmatter hashtag.