jet fuel cant melt steel beams
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
If jet fuel could melt even steel beams, one of the core components of Man's largest erections - friggin skyscrapers - then what would they use to make a jet's fuel tanks. It's not rocket science. It's jet science which is a couple orders of magneture easier.
hell no I don't remember 9/11 you fucking old ass bitch ass grandpa fuck off!!!!!!!!
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

pukekiller posted:
hell no I don't remember 9/11 you fucking old ass bitch ass grandpa fuck off!!!!!!!!
whatup pukekillaaaaaaahh

im a gay neoliberal and I think hillary tripping on her way into her hummer limo when she had a cold was more brave then anything the dumbass NY firefighters did in 2001. Not much is up brutha.

[account deactivated]
steal beans

edgy
[account deactivated]
i edge myself on that cut
fives all around
bump

pukekiller posted:

hi jools. hi pukekiller. hi [account deactivated] and [account deactivated] good to see you posting again.
ah, the one day of the year you dont have to click on my profile to enjoy this classic banger

thats unironically a big hit at family gatherings
There’s rosemary, that’s for remembrance. Pray you, love, remember. And there is pansies, that’s for thoughts.

R I P V I L E "T A T" R A T

If anyone else is from New Orleans, let the true one good cop, from the George W. Bush era, down in New Orleans, know
another succesful lf project
this is mad funny. i keep seeing it and lolling

Petrol posted:

this is mad funny. i keep seeing it and lolling

hahahhahahha
I have two memories of 9/11

1) seeing the second building go down

2) The Arab kids in my mostly Arab school refusing to have a moment of silence for the victims when the American headmaster asked for one. A formative moment for sure
sleeping through 9/11 as an "unschooler" was the best impact being an anarchoteen ever had on my life
Because I not only slept through 9/11, but didn't have any face-to-face interaction with anyone about it until my folks came home from work hours later, it took me a few days to realize just how fucking crazy my peers had been instructed to act, how teachers had stopped class and demanded everyone pay attention to the nearest TV and accept every warmongering theatrical flourish of cable news at face value. For years after that I wondered at the way that so many people of my own age all around me had been warped by it and why, how authority figures around them had forced them to partake in empty demonstrations of non-existent panic, anger, sorrow, and so on, that morning, all that day and over the days that followed, emotions they didn't seem to feel and didn't really want to pretend to have. I'd paid attention to what I heard on the radio when it woke me up, checked in on the Internet about it for a few minutes, then went about my day as normal. This was by complete accident rather than some piece of brilliant radical wisdom I'd put into action, but I came to appreciate what it had done for me.

Among my peers, most didn't know anybody in New York City at the time, they had zero real fear of harm being visited on themselves or their families or friends and they rightly suspected that this particular event wasn't very different from others they'd seen on the news last week and the week before that. They didn't suffer any special trauma from watching it through the filter of television, and they wouldn't have ever said they did, had they not been told, Yes, you were traumatized; Yes, you feared for your life and that of your family; Yes, you believed everything changed that day. They were told over and over that day, and for a long time after that, at a place they were legally and socially required to be for most of their waking day and that most of them never considered escaping, that what had happened on 9/11 was singular in history, that they had to be ready to drop everything and anything, mostly school stuff they didn't want to do anyway, to symbolically beat their chests, declare their entire personal worlds upside-down and no longer safe, and affirm a sudden narrative of social unity and outright bigotry they didn't feel, in ways many of them would have laughed off otherwise. It was a narrative of togetherness and common purpose that wouldn't be enforced on behalf of a great many of them at any other time or for any other reason. Soon enough, most of them figured that out, but they also knew they couldn't challenge it. They'd been forced to buy into it and express it themselves at zero hour in front of everyone else. Too late.

Those kids were told that "we" were all one country, united in the purpose of killing a whole lot more people than had just died as evidence of how serious "we" were, and that anyone who offered a differing opinion was insane, but as long as they agreed on that, everyone was in this together and would look out for each other. Then, all those kids had to walk around school for a very long time pretending that was true, as the usual day-to-day social friction between students, and between students and teachers, reemerged and proceeded as usual, since next to no one's life in that environment was at all disrupted or changed beyond the daily ideology being enforced on them from the top down. They had to pretend at regular intervals and at random times and places that they were all on a wartime footing to rival London during the blitz, but no one was really going to bomb them that day, or the next one, or the day after that, and they all knew that.

Mainly, I wondered if they'd ever get over it and start admitting that what they'd felt on 9/11 differed so greatly from what they were told they had to feel in order to be considered human. I felt better myself when it took a lot of them only about five or six years to shake it off, even considering what the government of the United States had done during those years. I thought all of that bullshit might make the whole problem worse rather than at all better, that it would annihilate their ability to question any of it or remember anything about their internal life with any level of accuracy if it had been even remotely tied to 9/11 by media messaging and pressure exerted on them to accept it. That happened to plenty of people, but not to most of the people I knew.

cars posted:

They had to pretend at regular intervals and at random times and places that they were all on a wartime footing to rival London during the blitz, but no one was really going to bomb them that day, or the next one, or the day after that, and they all knew that.

The thing is, though, this never really stopped. I live in a place so far removed geographically from potential terrorist targets that the threat should be considered laughable by any sensible person, and yet when a disgruntled fuckwit in a rental van runs down a bunch of al fresco diners somewhere in europe, the council starts talking about the pressing need to install bollards to protect the local cafe strip from attacks, and everyone has to nod in solemn agreement.

i forgot to checkmy work email yesterday, apparently i was supposed to stop working for five minutes at 08:46 yesterday morning and just stand around thinking about 9/11
id recomend spending up to 8 hours a day at work just standing around and thinking about 9/11
this joke needed polishing, themes: 9/11, asbestosis

Edited by tears ()

i love to share!

Edited by tears ()

thank you for your service.
folks on Twitter are posting that tweet again from Netanyahu's official account where its annual pro forma 9/11 statement from last year refers to "the Sept. 11 bombings". i've decided to allow it.

cars posted:

Because I not only slept through 9/11, but didn't have any face-to-face interaction with anyone about it until my folks came home from work hours later, it took me a few days to realize just how fucking crazy my peers had been instructed to act, how teachers had stopped class and demanded everyone pay attention to the nearest TV and accept every warmongering theatrical flourish of cable news at face value. For years after that I wondered at the way that so many people of my own age all around me had been warped by it and why, how authority figures around them had forced them to partake in empty demonstrations of non-existent panic, anger, sorrow, and so on, that morning, all that day and over the days that followed, emotions they didn't seem to feel and didn't really want to pretend to have. I'd paid attention to what I heard on the radio when it woke me up, checked in on the Internet about it for a few minutes, then went about my day as normal. This was by complete accident rather than some piece of brilliant radical wisdom I'd put into action, but I came to appreciate what it had done for me.

Among my peers, most didn't know anybody in New York City at the time, they had zero real fear of harm being visited on themselves or their families or friends and they rightly suspected that this particular event wasn't very different from others they'd seen on the news last week and the week before that. They didn't suffer any special trauma from watching it through the filter of television, and they wouldn't have ever said they did, had they not been told, Yes, you were traumatized; Yes, you feared for your life and that of your family; Yes, you believed everything changed that day. They were told over and over that day, and for a long time after that, at a place they were legally and socially required to be for most of their waking day and that most of them never considered escaping, that what had happened on 9/11 was singular in history, that they had to be ready to drop everything and anything, mostly school stuff they didn't want to do anyway, to symbolically beat their chests, declare their entire personal worlds upside-down and no longer safe, and affirm a sudden narrative of social unity and outright bigotry they didn't feel, in ways many of them would have laughed off otherwise. It was a narrative of togetherness and common purpose that wouldn't be enforced on behalf of a great many of them at any other time or for any other reason. Soon enough, most of them figured that out, but they also knew they couldn't challenge it. They'd been forced to buy into it and express it themselves at zero hour in front of everyone else. Too late.

Those kids were told that "we" were all one country, united in the purpose of killing a whole lot more people than had just died as evidence of how serious "we" were, and that anyone who offered a differing opinion was insane, but as long as they agreed on that, everyone was in this together and would look out for each other. Then, all those kids had to walk around school for a very long time pretending that was true, as the usual day-to-day social friction between students, and between students and teachers, reemerged and proceeded as usual, since next to no one's life in that environment was at all disrupted or changed beyond the daily ideology being enforced on them from the top down. They had to pretend at regular intervals and at random times and places that they were all on a wartime footing to rival London during the blitz, but no one was really going to bomb them that day, or the next one, or the day after that, and they all knew that.

Mainly, I wondered if they'd ever get over it and start admitting that what they'd felt on 9/11 differed so greatly from what they were told they had to feel in order to be considered human. I felt better myself when it took a lot of them only about five or six years to shake it off, even considering what the government of the United States had done during those years. I thought all of that bullshit might make the whole problem worse rather than at all better, that it would annihilate their ability to question any of it or remember anything about their internal life with any level of accuracy if it had been even remotely tied to 9/11 by media messaging and pressure exerted on them to accept it. That happened to plenty of people, but not to most of the people I knew.

When i walked out of school that afternoon a few of the local skater boys were playing a rad game they'd come up with, called "Twin towers", which was 2 of them standing tall and proud and a 3rd one then knocked them over from behind w/o warning

swampman posted:

w/o warning

wow, gullible much??

swampman posted:

When i walked out of school that afternoon a few of the local skater boys were playing a rad game they'd come up with, called "Twin towers", which was 2 of them standing tall and proud and a 3rd one then knocked them over from behind w/o warning

Buy those boys an account