kriss snipe
does he still post? because if not i know a certain marxist star wars forum that would LOVE to have him

angelbutt_dollface posted:

marxist star wars forum

lol

No cause to be jellz, registration is open to all
If I ever meet that guy (Walker Spatula or whatever) I'm going to beat him to a pulp for disrespecting a higher tier poster here.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
http://www.camera.org/index.asp?x_context=5&x_outlet=291&x_article=3155
gj sam

HenryKrinkle posted:

"From being morally offensive and intellectually juvenile,"

you can take the poster out of the rhizzone but not the rhizzone out of the poster

lmao. that absolves sam kriss of some of his dumb thinkpieces about videogames. only some of them
Adolf Hitler, Osama bin Laden, Yasser Arafat and others, now including one Sam Kriss,

TG posted:

HenryKrinkle posted:

"From being morally offensive and intellectually juvenile,"

you can take the poster out of the rhizzone but not the rhizzone out of the poster

At least he doesn't think there is a black Holocaust denier playing for the Dallas Cowboys.

PLEASE stop mentioning about the holocaust
[account deactivated]

88888 posted:

PLEASE stop mentioning about the holocaust

finally got Sam "deadken" kriss to stop threadshitting with his holocaust revisionism and deniery and now we get pokemon fork over here.. guess the only thing to say is, free Lessons & free tpaine.

roseweird posted:

this pokemon won't stop talking about the holocaust

this burger king owner IS the holocaust!!

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

roseweird posted:

this pokemon won't stop talking about the holocaust

this burger king owner IS the holocaust!!

No, no. I cannot stop thinking about David Irving, the defense end of the Dallas Cowboys!! There also happens to be a white guy named David Irving who is a holocaust denier.

Edited by Latias ()

i can't stop thinking about pulled pork
http://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2016/08/the-multiverse-as-imagination-killer/497417/
thread title proven wrong. we're still nowhere near the peak, imo
peak sam kriss occurs 40 years from now when a snarky alt right dude goes on instahologram and says "his name was kriss and he died on the toilet"
sam kriss-adjacent topic of discussion: he wrote a thing about the (le) Mandela effect , which basically posits that people are unwittingly slipping through dimensions and not noticing except when there's major divergences, like people remembering seeing on the news that Mandela died in prison in the 80s instead of in 2013. a dude i know is now into this theory. motherfucker you were born in december of 1987 you don't remember shit shut up
I read that and it was bad but it provided the answer I already knew to How Does This Motherfucker Get Published So Much

chickeon posted:

I read that and it was bad but it provided the answer I already knew to How Does This Motherfucker Get Published So Much

...very carefully?

Wow that was bad. Here's a good article about multiverse theory

http://www.lrb.co.uk/v37/n17/fredric-jameson/in-hyperspace

by the way Deadken's article is just a rip off of this sentence:

The ideological consequences of such a form – its ideological content as it were – are as obvious as they are toxic and multiple: an endogamy which transforms all of history into the stasis of Parmenidean Being, the past as eternity, the invention of an unassailable identity for ruling conquerors who have come out of nowhere.

and says nothing beyond it. the part that should have been explored is this

My own suspicion is that the multiverse is to be grasped schematically, as a distorted (and visual, literal, pictorial) symptom and expression of the rather different anxiety of the explosion of subjects under decolonisation and globalisation, which no longer finds psychological containment in concepts of nation, race, class and the like.

or, if we have to stay in the realm of aesthetic theory, this

modernity has in fact invented such a hyperspace from which to observe the observer: it is called the camera. And film becomes the logical extension of the time-travel narrative in that paradoxical sense in which, as Stanley Cavell so memorably put it, the world is viewed without myself. This is, then, how the structural/poststructural search for the decentred subject ended up, not with some impossible ‘death of the subject’, but rather in film theory, with the camera apparatus as that ultimate subject without subjectivity, that ultimate literal and visual embodiment of the ultimate observer of the ultimate self and of the literalisation of James’s literary ‘point of view’. The transcendental hyperspace in which such a transcendental observer finds itself is then simply the infinite regress of point of view, the nothingness on which the attempt to think time and temporality, to think the past and the present, to think the difference between my multiple selves, is founded.

obviously not every article for the Atlantic can be a serious exploration of aesthetics and capitalism but if you're writing a bunch of junk for money instead of anything interesting or inspired why not just get a real job that pays better and is equally alienating? this is a direct question to Sam Kriss who I'm sure reads his name every time it pops up.

being able to say youre a published writer allows you to embody a specific class character that imbues you with the legitimacy necessary to become a pet of the haute-bourgeoisie, and somewhat justifies the money and years spent studying liberal arts in college. hell, i would know cuz thats my goal
hamb kriss
one day an up and coming young marxist-leninist spawned out of some some 2030's equivilent of the internet shit pit will begin writing cutting takedowns of ossified establishment marxist Sam Kriss and eventually be offed a MSM platform to talk about the holocaust and the cycle will have come full circle
Damn congrats to Sammy K on hitting the Atlantic top 10. Watch out Connor Ffeaerdorf....
Baby Huey, it's easy to criticize others, maybe link to your articles in the Atlantic or New York Times and we can compare.

getfiscal posted:

Baby Huey, it's easy to criticize others, maybe link to your articles in the Atlantic or New York Times and we can compare.

If you give me a couple of weeks I'll have an article published. Then everyone can finally see the real babyhueypnewton.

e: its about anime

Maybe get Sam to help you workshop it, especially if you're referencing Adorno a lot.
Funny to see grown men transmorph into haters when one of their own finds success.
[account deactivated]
I'm proud of Sam.
“Freud. Hegel,” he continued, when pressed for details on the development of his theoretical approach, “Lukács. With the accent mark.”