I've decided to keep a record of my thoughts and get into writing. I suffer from near manic rush of ideas, connections, and inspiration. I seek to spread the good news of Marxist Leftism, critically analyze the current political era from a Marxist informed perspective, deconstruct right wing propaganda, and to examine the union between right wing political/economic forces and Christianity. I come at this from the perspective of a Christian, and I agree with Zizek that Christianity has a radical emancipatory core and would like to unite the churches with the radical left.

Anyway I have many ideas but I have zero experience in writing or publishing, and I know some of the members here have more experience.

I humbly ask those of you with knowledge and experience to assist your newbie comrade with any tips, tricks, resources, anecdotes, anything at all to help me. It's my mission to change this radical golden sludge secreting from my brain into something that may affect the minds of people, into something valuable.

try https://archiveofourown.org OP
TBH just get a medium account and start from there. I would recommend maybe planning your blog posts cause i have lot more faith in you then i do with sam kriss and his blog
Might I recommend John R. R. Christy
just get one of your parents to talk to their manager to network you with a literary agent, OP
[account deactivated]
do lots of drugs

MarxUltor posted:

do lots of drugs

i concur

Cuntessa_Markievicz posted:

TBH just get a medium account and start from there. I would recommend maybe planning your blog posts cause i have lot more faith in you then i do with sam kriss and his blog

actually, i would recommend just posting a thread here, so we can read it

aerdil posted:

just get one of your parents to talk to their manager to network you with a literary agent, OP

lol that's funny sorry tho i'm brown

roseweird posted:

bbbelive in yourself and you can do anything

it's quite the opposite my friend, belief in myself led me to becoming a savage hot wing junkie PUA. it's seeing through my stupid false ego, and giving my heart to Christ that has enabled me to do anything valuable at all.

thanks for the tips so far guys i will have some time this weekend so hopefully i can explore these suggestions
- Writing is organized thinking
- Start out by collecting the ideas you want to write about
- Edit and condense these ideas into their simplest forms
- Gather evidence to support what you say
- Re-read frequently to make sure you're not writing anything stupid
- If you present several good ideas in a row, you can surprise your reader with one they would ordinarily deflect
- Cut the jesus crap

swampman posted:

- If you present several good ideas in a row, you can surprise your reader with one they would ordinarily deflect
- Cut the jesus crap

I appreciate the useful tips but I don't appreciate your disrespect of my faith. I understand faith in the Lord isn't popular in Leftist circles, but it's that faith that empowered slaves to endure & overcome & subvert & fight against their bondage and which empowered the followers of Dr. King to sacrifice their bodies in the righteous struggle for civil rights.

It is simply ignorant, short sighted, and prejudiced to discount the power of faith to empower radical emancipatory politics. I won't bother speaking to you on the benefits of one's own personal enrichment.

I know dear old Slavoj Zizek has fallen out of fashion with the hippest of the cutting edge left, but he has written extensively on Christianity having a radical core which speaks to values of revolution and communism. Of course he's no Christian, so maybe read up on that if you haven't already.

but again, thank you kindly for your advice

I appreciate the useful t ips but i don't appreciate your disrespect of my true belief in the zionist philosophy. I understand the importance of the existence of israel isnt popular in leftist circles but once a Palestinian boy used a Galil to fight for freedom against his oppressor who's affiliation and motivation i'm going to very conveniently ignore. it is simply ignorant, short sighted, and prejudiced to discount the power of the israeli arms industry to empower Palestinian liberatory politics

The_Boourns_Identity posted:

swampman posted:

- Cut the jesus crap

I appreciate the useful tips but I don't appreciate your disrespect of my faith. I understand faith in the Lord isn't popular in Leftist circles,

he's telling you to write to your audience and he's right. unless you're a 20th-21st century new evangelical the call to witness doesn't mean "act like i'm protecting my crotch from 90-mph fastballs"

[account deactivated]
You know there are religious people on this forum not into Zizek right? Perhaps you should read their posts, read some of what they read, and think a goddam minute before you post.

cars posted:

The_Boourns_Identity posted:
swampman posted:
- Cut the jesus crap
I appreciate the useful tips but I don't appreciate your disrespect of my faith. I understand faith in the Lord isn't popular in Leftist circles,

he's telling you to write to your audience and he's right. unless you're a 20th-21st century new evangelical the call to witness doesn't mean "act like i'm protecting my crotch from 90-mph fastballs"

i am learning thank you all

marimite posted:

You know there are religious people on this forum not into Zizek right? Perhaps you should read their posts, read some of what they read, and think a goddam minute before you post.

i'm sorry i know this is the proper procedure but i am but a poor brown boy suffering from untreated hulkamania and i'm working on disciplining myself with proper nutrition, meditation, prayer, physical activity, and service to others.

sometimes though, the mania strikes me and unedited words spill out through my lips or the tips of mine fingers.

Just use some citations and you'll be fine. Maybe you should try to start dialogues about communism with "left" evangelical bloggers like this person http://www.patheos.com/blogs/slacktivist/
i tried to be a writer once but i've got nothing to say about anything and also i'm not very smart or good at writing. anyway op give it a shot my advice is to find out what ; does; i left school years ago and still dont really know but i tih
Do loads of drugs
how's it going op?
[account deactivated]
i don't think this guy posts here anymore. he wrote a thread about the topic in the main forum and people criticized it and he left but you can find him on twitter as Commie Ned Fl☭nders. we do have some nice threads about tacos that need feedback though.

cars posted:

i don't think this guy posts here anymore. he wrote a thread about the topic in the main forum and people criticized it and he left but you can find him on twitter as Commie Ned Fl☭nders. we do have some nice threads about tacos that need feedback though.

i still read i just haven't posted in a long time, but yes i am mostly on twitter thanks

it sounds like you wanna do essays. personally i dont have much public to say other than to friends or other writers, but what i do is keep a diary to collect my thoughts. and just let your mind wander and follow the words, dont try to form anything too rigid, and dont try to plan it out. using words this way helps me get out of the circular thinking patterns i sometimes get stuck in. me and some friends used to go walkign around just creating words and phrases and stories. that can help to get out of of the muck, which is the most difficult thing about writing, and then you can do your work
oh i c, this is old
im still glad you posted it anime dad.
thank you, cars.
[account deactivated]
boourns has graduated up from getting yelled at by leftists for being kind of a terminally naive doofus, to playing punching bag for nazi wine moms on twitter. i don't think he posts here anymore.
[account deactivated]
Ive been trying to get back into writing fiction for quite some time but what i end up doing is going on dates with predominately men mainly from okcupid although sometimes tinder, and these guys are mega into me, then i get moderately drunk in their company and either go back to theres for eh events and write about life and shit the next day or if its a particular fail i go home drunk and bitterly write about life. have some truly great poems from this though so thats my helpful tip
when i go on okcupid/tinder dates everyone i meet is fairly cute or sometimes even strikingly attractive, had a bunch of interesting words on their profile, and are just totally vapid unambitious autopilot-people with no interest in anything other than maybe a tv show they recently watched. it fucking blows. london is a the void

drwhat posted:

when i go on okcupid/tinder dates everyone i meet is fairly cute or sometimes even strikingly attractive, had a bunch of interesting words on their profile, and are just totally vapid unambitious autopilot-people with no interest in anything other than maybe a tv show they recently watched. it fucking blows. london is a the void

that happens to me but i suspect that im also vapid and unambitious so i cant really complain too much

the other thing about dating people through an online service though is that you didn't meet through the former usual process (you happened to run into them at some activity or location that drew both of you in or that you were both forced to attend) and so a lot of them are terrified to reveal their interests, hobbies, hopes, dreams, beliefs, etc. after they meet you, or at least the intensity of those things beyond the ad copy they wrote up for their profile, because they secretly fear those things are why they aren't in a long-term relationship at the moment. so they hold out on talking about that stuff for as long as possible so that you won't reject them instantly when you find out that those things qualify them as someone that you would otherwise actively avoid, because they think their only hope to date anyone is to rope the target in first with the person's sheer and probably nonexistent charisma and then break the bad news about their genuine existence on planet Earth later
online dating services are pretty much just taking the philosophy of curating a social media profile to keep from getting fired while making old college buddies you never see anymore jealous, and applying it to the poorly concealed search for someone you'll wake up next to every morning for years, and it's no surprise that the closer you get to the bourgeoisie with the people you date through them, the more likely they are to talk mostly about how they love popular TV shows on the first/second/third/etc. date until they figure you're too hooked & scared by the alternatives to back out yourself
of course once you move into dating the actual bourgeoisie through those services it's a tipping point since they don't have to worry about keeping a nice cushy white-collar job while trickling out their real lives to the world online and they'll go on for an hour on the first date about how they've proofed their estate against chemtrails