qUBdRodd6y0

zauberfart posted:

tonight i heard a bunch of dudes at my bar talking about the Brexit, shorting the market, and making millions.

i invested the entirety of the rhizzone server fund in funds that hinged on non-brexit, we're ruined

when ur family keeps confronting you about your drinking and making you feel like shit

some grain alcohol fixes those sad feels
i'm too sober i'm double posting like a bitc

Edited by The_Boourns_Identity ()

[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

lol if you aren't ninja-like enough in your drinking that no one suspects anything.

i always-only go into solid snake stealth mode when i'm somewhere 'public' .

i don't wanna get triggered and choke out my fam

lol if you think no one knows you're a drinker
"lol if you aren't ninja-like enough in your drinking that no one suspects anything." - GerardDepardieu
[account deactivated]
i've been so healthy and sober but seeing President Obama, the man who set the precedent on Executive Kill Lists against US citizens lumping communists together with fascists and jihadists has be triggered to goku levels i'm flipping the ffffffffffffffffff out i need a driiiiink
also my wife and i watched Stanly Kubrik's 'lolita' and it was so fucking triggering that we had to keep stopping it, it took 3 separate viewings and i'm just raving mad
bottoms up!!!!

New methane bubbles discovered in melting so-called "perma"frost on one of the northernmost islands in Russia.

One of the mysterious craters which was found a few hundred miles away last year speculated to be methane deposit blowouts has now grown to a lake 70 meters across. It was 4 when discovered.

MarxUltor posted:

New methane bubbles discovered in melting so-called "perma"frost on one of the northernmost islands in Russia.

One of the mysterious craters which was found a few hundred miles away last year speculated to be methane deposit blowouts has now grown to a lake 70 meters across. It was 4 when discovered.

wow
http://www.digitaljournal.com/news/environment/video-of-methane-bubbles-an-internet-hit-and-a-serious-warning/article/471294

Melting permafrost is probably as big a runaway train as the ice sheets are, it's just that everything mostly stays and looks the same and it's not as sexy as enormous ice mountains of death sliding into the ocean. Actually its probably worse.

Because it's "permanently" frozen, bacteria generally can't live there. So when the tundra grass dies, it's just pushed down by the ice and snow above. New grass grows through it. Repeat this for a few hundred thousand years. The "soil" is mostly just old vegetative matter that's been mechanically processed by freeze/thaw and compression and grinding from the slow motion of the earth. The result is an organic slurry of nutrients which is extremely nutritious to microorganisms, but they haven't been able to survive the environment.

As the permafrost melts, the soil bacteria and fungi which contributes to decomposition everywhere else is able to access this immense store of food. These critters mostly shit CO2 and methane. Allowed to establish a foothold in the tundra, they will contribute to long term releases over time of greenhouse gas in addition to the shock value of the initial discharge of the underground and icelocked gasses.
[account deactivated]
Sounds like a great time to develop a fucking attitude.
[account deactivated]
some of my family members are kind of shitty miserable people and also life is immensely painful always so -
the fact that it could be more painful and that im blessed is in itself a pain so :drinkingconstantlyemote:

roseweird posted:

well im surrounded by retarded career administrators who should be using their computers to automate their own dumb asses out of existence but i am just passing through and collecting a 90% tuition break so i think i will just drink and forget

ahh, I see you've chosen to enter public service

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
about a third of the people i interact with in my job have some sort of mental health issues, ranging from personality disorders to full-blown schizophrenia. and that doesnt even include my clients!!
the "healthy sane person" is a tabloid cryptid somewhere between batboy and mothman in credibility

TG posted:

about a third of the people i interact with in my job have some sort of mental health issues, ranging from personality disorders to full-blown schizophrenia. and that doesnt even include my clients!!

ahh, I see you've chosen to enter public service

oppressing the population of amerika is more important than profiting from them.
[account deactivated]
a neighbour died, straw bales fell on them and they got crushed to death
rip, if they didn't die right away getting suffocated under hay is a really gruesome way to go.
when i was a kid i used to play in a neighbor's hayloft, where they had built in a bunch of tunnels and shit, even little rooms, out of square bales. it was cool as hell but in hindsight also, um, pretty fucking terrifying
yeah we used to dig tunnels through the hay silage pit at my cousin's which was ludicrously dangerous

i came home from the bar to find this sitting in the reply box and don't remember how it got there, so here it is.
all of them, they're all great reasons
at this years davos summit, delegates will have the opportunity to roleplay life as a refugee (WARNING GRAPHIC FOOTA
edit: blah blah blah

Edited by drwhat ()

drinking is exactly what you're expected to do, dumbells. 1776, moonshine, lynch mobs, and the silences that pervade discussion of your family history. but don't take my word for it!!!
yelling out loud in the middle of the night "it's a fucking... cube!!" to no one when overwhelmed by the insane fact that billions of people hold as a central tenet of their religion that they must go to A GIANT BLACK CUBE and WALK AROUND IT and IT HAS AN EMBEDDED METEORITE

WHY DO WE NOT TALK ABOUT THIS WHAT THE FUCKING HELL
I know it's supposed to be a liberal paradise where we embrace all faiths or whatever and all things are valid but it's A CUBE. it's CALLED "The Cube". science fiction is not fiction we live in a psychedelic dream world.