[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/investigations/NYPD-Officers-Arrest-Quota-Exclusive-Interview-Pressure-Numbers-374077091.html
Cop: "The Police Department is a mafia. It's a big, organized mafia."
szm_SbNmK6s
Gloria la Riva was arrested at a protest
See? Laws do apply to female candidates for president afterall
For instance, New York Inspector General Phillip Eure, who oversees the NYPD, did a study of chokehold incidents in the city two years ago.

He found that between 2009 and 2014, there had been 1,082 complaints alleging 1,128 chokeholds by NYPD officers.

Of those complaints, the Civilian Complaint Review Board fully investigated only about half, or 520 total. And of those 520 complaints, the CCRB substantiated just ten.

Eure found that in nine of the ten cases he examined, the CCRB recommended the strongest possible punishment: departmental charges. But in all nine of those cases, the cop in question ended up getting off with either no punishment at all, or a maximum of five vacation days lost. And in six of the nine cases, then-commissioner Ray Kelly personally overturned the CCRB's recommendation.

Essentially, out of more than 1,000 chokehold complaints, roughly 99 percent of the cases simply disappeared. Of the remaining 1 percent that actually made it all the way through the disciplinary process, nine out of ten ended with either no punishment or a maximum of five days' lost vacation. Another officer died before his case could be resolved.

In five years, the department had never once really punished an officer for using a chokehold.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/in-police-violence-cases-time-works-against-justice-20160713#ixzz4EOgwA2Ia
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook
[account deactivated]
http://www.cruz.senate.gov/files/documents/Bills/20160713_BackTheBlueAct.pdf

Apparently the lack of prosecutions for cop-killers because the police always just murder them before trial has managed to confuse some members of congress who think that means everyone just gets away with it and does it for fun. Kinda like cops do, except in fantasy land.

The "Back the Blue Act" would make it a federal crime to do any harm to any police officer funded by the federal government, which is effectively all of them, as the language has been confirmed to be intended to apply to any department which gets any federal grants or subsidies. Obviously assaulting or killing an officer is already illegal everywhere, this would add an additional charge at the federal level on top of all currently existing statutes which no one is being charged with as they just run around terrorizing the helpless police all day. Essentially a more modern twist on the federal civil rights laws which theoretically allows the federal government to prosecute cops for crimes that corrupt or permissive states allowed them to get away with, this law would help ensure that no person is ever again allowed to escape unscathed from an encounter with a police officer in which they disagree with each other.

Inflicting "Bodily injury" upon any cop, which includes "a cut," "physical pain" or "any other injury to the body, no matter how temporary" would be a mandatory minimum two years.

The definition is so broad that a cop could punch you in the face and then charge you with a federal felony for bruising his hand. Also privileged by the bill are former cops, or anyone perceived as a cop.

As an example, in this video: https://twitter.com/YourAnonGlobal/status/752337684711038976 you can hear the white male cops who are assaulting the victim with her arms and legs pinned, shouting "stop hitting me" and "stop kicking me" at her while they are kicking and punching the helpless woman. Now she could be and probably was charged with two counts of assaulting an officer because you clearly just heard the cops say she hit them, which means it happened. This bill could make her violent crime of laying there wiggling around a bit while being punched in the stomach subject two counts of a federal felony with a mandatory minimum of two years (max 10) each.

If the cop repeatedly kneeing the unarmed woman with her arms pinned behind her back in the stomach pulled his hamstring while kneeing the woman in the stomach as she was so violently and disrespectfully attacking the brave peace officers by being flung about helplessly and beaten by them before being electrically tortured, this would likely qualify as a serious injury ("temporary but substantial loss or impairment of the function of any bodily member, organ, or mental faculty") and incur a mandatory minimum of 5 years (to 20).

MarxUltor posted:

Also privileged by the bill are former cops, or anyone perceived as a cop.

I have a cunning plan *keystone kop outfits avalanche out of closet*

why not just use your real uniforms like the rest of us?
Keep talkin' buddy, and you'll get a minimum 2 years in the slammer for ruining this perfectly good banana cream pie with your face.
[account deactivated]
VBvA6CFnXUw
ya know what's bullllshiiiiiiiiiit
man shoot cop now thats news

DildoMalone posted:

hi dildo malone how is life?

[account deactivated]

attorney Hilton Napoleon

lol

sometimes i think about moving back to south florida to be a public defender and then i remember that its a roiling cauldron of racial hatred with staggering levels of wealth inequality. also i would have to deal with my clients ending up on COPS all the time.

a guy i know from high school is a police detective and has been followed by COPS 3 times
after Cindy reminded him of the big vacation with the kids down to Cozumel in August, he realized he fucked up and forgot to book the time off in advance. cop's are problem solvers, so he found the nearest black person. simple, rational
Yesterday I was talking to a retired Texas police officer & had a great conversation about black lives matter and how to reform the system, last night I was harassed by the chilliest police officer for poke-hunting after hours in the park and we had a funny and chill interaction.

Then this morning I saw the video of the behavior therapist getting shot and my heart is breaking

I can't handle this stress my brown body is prone to high blood pressure

The_Boourns_Identity posted:

Yesterday I was talking to a retired Texas police officer & had a great conversation about black lives matter and how to reform the system, last night I was harassed by the chilliest police officer for poke-hunting after hours in the park and we had a funny and chill interaction.

Then this morning I saw the video of the behavior therapist getting shot and my heart is breaking

gee i hope you don't die

glomper_stomper posted:

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article90905442.htmKinsey said when he asked the officer why he fired his weapon, the cop responded, “I don’t know.”

the Cop is inherently violent and prone to bursts of irrational bloodlust

maybe the cop just thought the man was too beautiful, like Seymour Glass as a child when he threw a rock at a little girl in J.D. Salinger's Seymour--an Introduction
[account deactivated]
Everyone relax. The good officer was just trying to execute a, what is the legal term? "Retard". Nothing to see here

xipe posted:

DildoMalone posted:

hi dildo malone how is life?

life is all right, "keep on truckin'" thats what i always say

[account deactivated]

The_Boourns_Identity posted:

Go suck a cop's dick you narcissistic fascist moron

[account deactivated]

glomper_stomper posted:

Kinsey said when he asked the officer why he fired his weapon, the cop responded, “I don’t know.”

It struck me that all I had to do was to turn, walk away, and think no more about it. But the whole beach, pulsing with heat, was pressing on my back. I took some steps toward the stream. The Autist didn’t move. After all, there was still some distance between us. Perhaps because of the shadow on his face, he seemed to be grinning at me.
I waited. The heat was beginning to scorch my cheeks; beads of sweat were gathering in my eyebrows. It was just the same sort of heat as at my mother’s funeral, and I had the same disagreeable sensations—especially in my forehead, where all the veins seemed to be bursting through the skin. I couldn’t stand it any longer, and took another step forward. I knew it was a fool thing to do; I wouldn’t get out of the sun by moving on a yard or so. But I took that step, just one step, forward.
And then the Autist drew his toy truck and held it up toward me, athwart the sunlight.
A shaft of light shot upward from the plastic, and I felt as if a long, thin blade transfixed my forehead. At the same moment all the sweat that had accumulated in my eyebrows splashed down on my eyelids, covering them with a warm film of moisture. Beneath a veil of brine and tears my eyes were blinded; I was conscious only of the cymbals of the sun clashing on my skull, and, less distinctly, of the keen blade of light flashing up from the truck, scarring my eyelashes, and gouging into my eyeballs.
Then everything began to reel before my eyes, a fiery gust came from the sea, while the sky cracked in two, from end to end, and a great sheet of flame poured down through the rift. Every nerve in my body was a steel spring, and my grip closed on the rifle. The trigger gave, and the smooth underbelly of the butt (lmao) jogged my palm. And so, with that crisp, whipcrack sound, it all began. I shook off my sweat and the clinging veil of light. I knew I’d shattered the balance of the day, the spacious calm of this beach on which I had been happy. But I fired four shots more into the inert body, on which they left no visible trace. And each successive shot was another loud, fateful rap on the door of my undoing paid vacation.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/07/25/jailer-chokes-inmate-to-death-on-video-but-still-hasn-t-been-charged.html

Video obtained by The Daily Beast shows a corrections officer strangling an inmate to death for more than a minute inside an Oklahoma jail.

A state medical examiner ruled that Darius Robinson was killed by “manual compression of the neck” and ruled his death inside the Caddo County jail to be a homicide. The county’s district attorney, Jason Hicks, has yet to bring charges against officer Michael Allen Smith for the April 4 incident, according to attorney Spencer Bryan, who represents Robinson’s family.
Bill Bratton was invited for a prime-time slot at the DNC.
as twitter points out, this was stated DURING a DOJ ride-along

https://theintercept.com/2016/08/10/vindication-for-baltimore-police-critics-but-no-action/

THERE IS THE woman being publicly strip-searched after being stopped for a missing headlight. There are the officers coercing sex from prostitutes in exchange for avoiding arrest, planting drugs on people they stopped, cursing “shut the fuck up bitch” because they are “the fucking law.” There is the supervisor telling officers “to arrest ‘all the black hoodies’ in a neighborhood.” There are officers using templates for arrests where they only had to fill in dates and names — the words “black male” were already inked in.

Running to 163 pages, the Department of Justice report on the ongoing abuse inflicted upon African Americans by the Baltimore police is full of stories like these.

The investigation was started shortly after Freddie Gray died of a severed spine after officers tossed him into a police van following a possibly illegal stop. Just last month, prosecutors dropped all charges against the remaining officers facing trial for Gray’s death after the first cases ended in acquittals.

In the report released Wednesday, Justice Department investigators concluded that over five years, Baltimore officers made 10,163 unlawful arrests, and that the more than 300,000 pedestrian stops during that period were concentrated in predominantly African-American neighborhoods and often lacked reasonable suspicion.
So yeah now the greatest TV show of all time really is The Wire because you can safely assume that every cop character has been involved in several deliberate murders and McNulty really is crazy because he doesn't just stick Marlo in a giant metal box, then shake the box until Marlo dies, like a normal hardworking po-lice

Edited by swampman ()