nurse meltdown snipe: i was gonna write an extremely excellent parody of the night before christmas starring goatstien and other top-tier rhizzone posters but i just woke up and am about to go in for my third consecutive night shift filled with exciting juices'n'fluids and hair-raising EKG-monitoring so just close your eyes and pretend that this is a good post
ty tHE rHizzonE for being the bedpan for the diarrhea that is my posting: just as the noble nurse cleanses the disgusting asses of the unwell, so you, the long-suffering posters of the stalinist irony forum, stoically wipe away the filthy spurts of my anxiety and fatigue
[account deactivated]
noreply@urbandictionary.com
7:06 PM (1 hour ago)

to me
Thanks for your definition of the rhizzone!

A few volunteer editors read your definition and decided to not publish it. Don't take it personally!

To understand what definitions we publish and reject, check out this blog post: http://blog.urbandictionary.com/post/49469679426

Try rewriting your definition so that it's easier for others to understand, then try again.

Thanks,

Urban Dictionary

-----

the rhizzone

a stalinist irony forum

Young persyn, having just been enlightened to the revolutionary science of Marxism-Leninism: "I'm going to start posting on the rhizzone"
Trot: "Durrr no don't do that, that lot's a bunch of insane Stalinists"
hundreds of dealers and users are turning themselves in so they dont get murdered in the street, direct community action works, hail mao

tpaine posted:

why you do that shit nigga

turns out selling your labor during a chronic shortage of workers with your training and willingness to surround themselves with constant reminders of the ludicrous frailty of the human body is extremely lucrative

Edited by dank_xiaopeng ()

hey goat, here's a lil anecdote that you might find amusing

today (last night) i sat and held the hand of a 350lb person while a doctor and three medical students debrided a cavernous pressure ulcer in their hip and buttock. i sat and looked into their eyes and did my level damnedest to embody a caring, empathetic presence as the attending physician reached elbow deep into a rotten flesh-hole carved by a broken food system, poverty, depression, and sloth and hauled out stinking gloopy fistfuls of black eschar. after the docs had finished and left, the patient thanked me over and over again in a low voice. nursing is one heck of an emotional thrill ride i tell you what

dank_xiaopeng posted:

today (last night) i sat and held the hand of a 350lb person while a doctor and three medical students debrided a cavernous pressure ulcer in their hip and buttock. i sat and looked into their eyes and did my level damnedest to embody a caring, empathetic presence as the attending physician reached elbow deep into a rotten flesh-hole carved by a broken food system, poverty, depression, and sloth and hauled out stinking gloopy fistfuls of black eschar. after the docs had finished and left, the patient thanked me over and over again in a low voice. nursing is one heck of an emotional thrill ride i tell you what

you should take better care of your mom

I don't know if I'd have thanked you for simply watching while someone else removed Your Posts
[account deactivated]
there are so many people that western medicine keeps alive and horrifically unhappy or in pain who would be better off dead

i lived with an icu nurse for a while and i think half of the patients she saw ought to have died simply with their families. depressing fucking stories after she came home from work i tell you what
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

drwhat posted:
there are so many people that western medicine keeps alive and horrifically unhappy or in pain who would be better off dead

i lived with an icu nurse for a while and i think half of the patients she saw ought to have died simply with their families. depressing fucking stories after she came home from work i tell you what

when she came home did you shout I SEE YOU NURSE!!! and then you both giggled and started chugging

every night, haha! after the crying and suicidal ideation

[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

i can't even imagine how awful it must be to interact with sick people. people are shits when they're feeling good, when they're fucked up they become i don't even know. get off my tit people

Well fortunately america's tendency for really sick people is to torture them with unnaturally extended lives to suffer the most horrifying aspects of their infirmity even longer and bankrupt their families in the process, so we kinda get our revenge for the worst of them in the end.

drwhat posted:

i lived with an icu nurse for a while and i think half of the patients she saw ought to have died simply with their families.

a fine sentiment but where would be the profit in that

[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

i can't even imagine how awful it must be to interact with sick people. people are shits when they're feeling good, when they're fucked up they become i don't even know. get off my tit people

the benefits of breast-feeding are overblown

tpaine posted:

dank_xiaopeng posted:

tpaine posted:

why you do that shit nigga

turns out selling your labor during a chronic shortage of workers with your training and willingness to surround themselves with constant reminders of the ludicrous frailty of the human body is extremely lucrative

i know the money is good but i would rather be homeless than have to feign non-revulsion and sympathy for my patients

i feel like the revulsion would be pretty mutual my bro

[account deactivated]
From the CPP and the NDFP:

Response to President Duterte’s call for anti-drug cooperation
The Communist Party of the Philippines (CPP) welcomes President Duterte’s call for cooperation with the revolutionary forces against widespread drug trafficking.

Indeed, the revolutionary forces have long been carrying out a campaign against illegal drugs. The New People’s Army (NPA) is guided by the standing order of the CPP Central Committee to disarm and arrest the most notorious criminals including the biggest drug traffickers, in order for them to be subjected to prosecution and just punishment.

The NPA has been assiduously implementing the orders of the CPP. The most recent outstanding case is that of a chief of police in Davao Oriental province who was arrested by the NPA last May 29 and is currently under detention and undergoing investigation for involvement in the illegal drug trade.

The revolutionary forces share in President Duterte’s reprehension of the illegal drug trade and its grave effects on the Filipino people. The proliferation of illegal drugs, especially shabu, and the concommitant rise in incidents of violent crime serves the perpetuation of the ruling system. The biggest and most notorious drug traffickers are those in the top echelons of the AFP and PNP, who are also in cohorts, with key officials in the local and national bureaucracy. It is apparent that President Duterte is fully aware of such.

Historically, the colonizers and ruling classes have deliberately encouraged the propagation of drugs as a means of desensitizing the oppressed and exploited masses. Drug abuse numb them of the acute effects of poverty, hunger and state violence. Drug abuse disunites the people and prevents them from effectively carrying out revolutionary struggle.

The use of drugs as a weapon to oppress the people is starkly clear in areas where the AFP conducts its counter-insurgency operations. Wherever there is heavy military presence in so called “civil-military operations”, illegal drugs are allowed to proliferate together with other anti-social act.

Prior to conducting combat operations, soldiers often take a hit of shabu. Such practice is tolerated if not openly encouraged by field officers believing that drug use give soldiers a false sense of courage in carrying out their mercenary war.

In contrast, in territories where the CPP and the people’s democratic government hold sway and exercise political authority, the illegal drug trade has been effectively put to a stop. Through their organizations, their armed self-defense committees and the NPA, the masses oppose the entry and operations of drug traffickers with utmost vigilance and militance.

The CPP, through its branches and revolutionary mass organizations, have long been carrying out a campaign against drug use and drug trafficking. It carries out a cultural revolution among the masses in order to encourage them to reject drug use and instead wage collective struggle. It employs armed violence against the biggest traffickers of illegal drugs.

In a speech yesterday before the top brass of the military, Duterte addressed the revolutionary forces and sought its cooperation in the campaign against drug trafficking. He said: “Drugs have reached the hinterlands… what if you use your kangaroo courts to kill them to speed up the solution to our problem.”

While the CPP does not accept his reference to the duly constituted people’s courts as “kangaroo courts”, and reiterating the right to due process of criminal suspects, the CPP and the revolutionary forces accept President Duterte’s offer of anti-drug cooperation.

In positive response, the CPP reiterates its standing order for the NPA to carry out operations to disarm and arrest the chieftains of the biggest drug syndicates, as well as other criminal syndicates involved in human rights violations and destruction of the environment. The NPA is ready to give battle to those who will resist arrest with armed violence.

In line with peace talks, the revolutionary forces anticipate the possibility of a mutual ceasefire in the coming weeks as a result of negotiations between the National Democratic Front of the Philippines (NDFP) and the Philippine government.

Until then, the NPA can continue to carry out select operations in defense of people’s rights and welfare, especially against the biggest criminal syndicates and their nefarious military and police cohorts.

Communist Party of the Philippines
July 2, 2016

excellent article

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

dank_xiaopeng posted:

you should take better care of your mom

i was so tired from working three consecutive 12-hour night shifts that i forgot i had even read this post the first time, i got owned twice

Philippines' Duterte says nation can survive without mining companies

Duterte ready for ‘marathon’ talks with reds

wish he'd stick to this stuff instead tbh.

HenryKrinkle posted:

Philippines' Duterte says nation can survive without mining companiesDuterte ready for ‘marathon’ talks with reds

wish he'd stick to this stuff instead tbh.

i'd trust the most rapacious mining company executive over the kindest junkie.

The exec would certainly try to screw me over in a business deal but I feel like I could leave him alone in a room for ten minutes without worrying about him stealing all the lightbulbs
how many goatsteins does it take to change a lightbulb?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/aug/10/philippines-leader-calls-us-ambassador-gay-son-of-a-whore-prompting-summons?CMP=twt_gu

“As you know, I’m fighting with (US Secretary of State John Kerry’s) ambassador. His gay ambassador, the son of a whore. He pissed me off,” Duterte said.
dude owns

The Philippines’ firebrand President Rodrigo Duterte has sparked a fresh diplomatic row with his colourful language, calling the US ambassador “gay” in comments that prompted Washington to summon Manila’s envoy to complain.

In the latest of series of tirades, Duterte used a local Tagalog language homophobic slur to express his displeasure with US Ambassador Philip Goldberg in televised comments made Friday.

“As you know, I’m fighting with (US Secretary of State John Kerry’s) ambassador. His gay ambassador, the son of a whore. He pissed me off,” Duterte said.

Bolivia expels US ambassador Philip Goldberg
Bolivia has expelled the US ambassador, accusing him of fomenting the civil unrest that threatens not only the country's first indigenous Indian president, Evo Morales, but the unity of the nation itself.

Mr Goldberg last week infuriated President Morales when he met with Ruben Costas, the governor of Bolivia's richest province, that of Santa Cruz, which wants autonomy and has threatened secession. Santa Cruz is predominantly white, whilst the capital La Paz, set in the highlands, is more indigenous.

The province is one of five that voted for more autonomy in a series of referendums, which the president has refused to recognise.

ilmdge posted:

no fuckin way

Now how come everyone thinks it's great when this guy calls liberals homos but aren't in favor of me doing it.

tpaine posted:

goat's name is ross??

The saddest part is that he responds to lip from his seven year old son by avoiding him and sulking. Lots of people had kooky dads and turned out alright, it's the cowardice and total feebleness of character on the parent's part that make me think this kid would be better off in another home.

Keven posted:

Now how come everyone thinks it's great when this guy calls liberals homos but aren't in favor of me doing it.

Edited by drwhat ()

Well shit

The anti-drug war of the Duterte regime has rapidly spiralled into a frenzied campaign of extra-judicial killings and vigilante murders perpetrated by the police and by police-linked criminal syndicates. Nearly 1,000 people have been killed in just a little more than one month. The rights of tens upon thousands of people are being violated as the criminal justice system is upturned.

Police officials have brazenly carried out summary killings against suspected drug peddlers and users. Hundreds have been killed while “resisting arrest” or while under custody and detention, in police cars as well as in jails.

Duterte’s “drug war” has clearly become anti-people and anti-democratic. Human rights are being violated with impunity by police personnel, emboldened by Duterte’s assurances of “I got your back” and his public declarations of contempt against human rights.

The Duterte regime has unleashed unmitigated violence and threats of violence against the people, mostly victims and people at the lowest rungs of the criminal syndicate ladder. In contrast, the suspected big drug lords and their protectors are afforded courtesy calls to Malacañang, accommodations in Camp Crame’s guest house and preliminary investigations by the NBI. The worst that they have been made to undergo is to suffer the lectures of the PNP chief.

What was before the burden of the accuser to prove someone’s guilt is now the burden of the accused to prove his innocence. Duterte has come up with one list after another of so-called protectors, narco-politicians and judges without proof nor clear basis for accusations of their involvement in drugs. He could not even tell the people how the lists were drawn. It is a mystery even to the chief intelligence officer and head of the PNP.

Duterte has become so full of himself and intoxicated with the vast power he is not used to handle that he thinks he can get away with upturning the criminal judicial system and denouncing people for defending human rights. He dishes out threats of imposing martial law. He has made himself a laughing stock among legal circles. He, however, is not laughing and threatens anyone who chooses to stand in his way.

Duterte’s “drug war” is bound to fail because it does not address the socio-economic roots of the problem. It has been proven in history that no amount of killing will succeed in putting an end to the drug menace. After ten years of the “anti-drug war” in Mexico, and with almost 80,000 people killed, the intensity of the drug problem remains the same if not worse. In Thailand, around 3,000 people were killed from 2003 to 2005, at least half of whom were later proved to be not involved in drugs. The drug problem has become worse.

The “drug war” is set to spiral into a war among the criminal drug syndicates, between one narco-politician against another, using the resources of the state and to further entrench themselves in the reactionary state. The “drug war” is also fast becoming one of the facets of the factional struggle within the reactionary ruling classes, for control of resources, territories, police and military units.

Duterte’s war is set to unleash more violence and counter-violence, political maneuverings as well as media contests between rival criminal syndicates as represented by their politicians and police protectors.

In all likelihood, many of the summary and vigilante killings are being carried out by the criminal syndicates who use the “anti-drug war” as camouflage for waging all-out war against their rivals and their rival protectors in the police, bureaucracy and judiciary or to rub-out their own men. It would be no surprise that the information made public by Duterte about police protectors, narco-politicians and judges were fed to him by rival criminal syndicates.

All democratic forces must unite and demand justice and an end to the madness of police and vigilante killings. They must unite to defend human rights. At the same time, the people should amplify their urgent clamor for jobs and land to improve their economic condition, make them productive and draw them away from social misery and desperation, in order to, thus, end the conditions for the proliferation of drugs.

In line with standing orders, the New People’s Army (NPA) will continue to intensify its operations to arrest and disarm drug trade operators and protectors. However, these will no longer be considered as cooperative with the Duterte regime’s undemocratic and anti-people “war on drugs.” As before, the NPA will continue to exercise due process in dealing with suspects, such as those PNP officers presently in custody in Compostela Valley and Surigao del Sur.

The CPP calls on the people to struggle against the rampant problem of drug addiction, as they wage revolutionary struggle to overthrow the system that perpetuates it as well as other forms of oppression. The most effective way of waging war against drugs is by rousing the people and mobilizing them to become active participants in social revolution.

The rampant problem of drug addiction among the people should be addressed in the economic as well as political and cultural fields. In thousands of barangays and clusters of several where the revolutionary forces hold sway and exercise governmental authority, drug addiction has been virtually wiped out through mass struggles.

In the base areas of the NDFP, the active participation of the youth and other sectors in revolutionary political, cultural, economic, military and social affairs, have drawn them away from the culture of individualism, self-indulgence and escapism. Here, drug abuse and drug addiction can no longer take root.

Weird, drug wars don't normally expand beyond their purported aims.