glomper_stomper posted:

i mean, to the extent that there are anti-imperialist analyses of trump, they are too gullible, too mesmerized by bourgeois media dysfunction. they don't care to examine the social forces being mobilized and the extent of their agitation that has been revealed through multiple violent confrontations, what that means for the legitimacy of the political structure in the US, and the greater stages of a militant mass movement and the class struggle.

so you think ford is underestimating the role trump plays in the development of, say, a violent racist white supremacist resurgence? or am i not quite on the mark here?

actually freaking out about donald trump is completely fine because it's a completely natural response to to someone like him getting elected and if anyone tells you to feel "stupid" or "embarrassed" about it tell them to go ruin the vibe and be a boring weirdo in another room somewhere

tsinava posted:

actually freaking out about donald trump is completely fine because it's a completely natural response to to someone like him getting elected and if anyone tells you to feel "stupid" or "embarrassed" about it tell them to go ruin the vibe and be a boring weirdo in another room somewhere

you could just tell me directly, although mod sass is never forgotten in the arena of Nirn

i dont know nor care who the mods are and im too lazy to go back and find the post i want to quote.

just because someone is freaking out doesn't mean they don't have a good reason to.

also freaking out is a very integral and necessary process in retaining mental health so freaking out about this is completely fine and is to be expected.
[account deactivated]

swirlsofhistory posted:

Something I admit I still don't get is the no caps thing. Is this weird twitter influence? An LF thing? Very bell hooks. I thought that would have died out... 5 years ago. People put effort into posts and make them look like unreadable text messages.

lol

I don't see what Trump could do that would be worse than Hillary. There will probably be a white supremacist upswing regardless, because this is America

glomper_stomper posted:

nope. i think ford is making the best case for his hopes considering the present conditions.

i think in purely political terms, trump himself can only contribute very little to a potential white supremacist resurgence but i don't know what form it might take or how it might be developed about 5 or 10 years on for obvious reasons.

sounds good to me

for me trump is different because his apolitics is married to an aggressive masculine aesthetic that makes a point of rejecting liberalism, while sanders has never really been anything more or less than a regular progressive democrat turned up a couple notches. but that seems important to me because no one has yet talked me out of using Eco as a basic touchstone and i know not everyone is on the same page there
the most likely candidate for a swifter & smoother expansion of international race war, relative to the other candidates, is clinton, because it means there won't be a little hiccup at the beginning where the people behind the policy have to send cookie bouquets to a bunch of new dips in the cabinet positions and those immediately below them and have their drones type up new reports with the catch phrases of the new people, it will just keep ramping up without those inefficiencies. but i don't think it matters a great deal at all, i agree with EmanuelaBrolandi that the current trend is increased white supremacist activity regardless. which is one good reason to be communist like we need more of those.

EmanuelaBrolandi posted:

I don't see what Trump could do that would be worse than Hillary. There will probably be a white supremacist upswing regardless, because this is America

he'd probably enact policies that brutalize undocumented immigrants and people of color within the U$. not to say that clinton wouldn't continue the proud democratic tradition of secret ICE detention centers and police terror, but i'd bet trump would be worse

thirdplace posted:

for me trump is different because his apolitics is married to an aggressive masculine aesthetic that makes a point of rejecting liberalism, while sanders has never really been anything more or less than a regular progressive democrat turned up a couple notches. but that seems important to me because no one has yet talked me out of using Eco as a basic touchstone and i know not everyone is on the same page there

I'm also tied to an masculine aesthetic that makes a point of rejecting liberalism, as are you.

I bet Don Trump would do the special secret kind of racism he knows because of the R next to his name and Clinton Wouldn't do it. (Black prison population.jpg falls out of my shirt) whoops sorry I was using that to keep my shirt from irritating my nipples while I ran.
I doubt border control would even be stricter under trump...........

dank_xiaopeng posted:

EmanuelaBrolandi posted:

he'd probably enact policies that brutalize undocumented immigrants and people of color within the U$. not to say that clinton wouldn't continue the proud democratic tradition of secret ICE detention centers and police terror, but i'd bet trump would be worse

I tend to agree with e-bro. Brutalizing immigrants and people of color is more american than baseball or a klan march and hitlery probably won't be shy about it, particularly because she's a hawk and always has been, but also because clinton:polls::reagans:astrology. she'll probably spend much of her regime trying to overcompensate to prove all the other nazis wrong about how she's obviously weak because she's a woman. She could lynch the entire obama family at her coronation and they'd still say she's too soft on muslims and blacks.

White supremacist movements and militias declined under bush, but are up around 400% under obama. I would expect similar outcomes next regime. If trump gets elected, the nazis will be dancing in the street. It's less fruitful to recruit for fringe militant groups when it looks like they've won.

hitlery won't really change anything. They will keep their momentum 100%, while also being energized that they came SO close to winning it all. recruitment for militias and white supremacist groups will skyrocket, more events like Malheur are guaranteed, but probably more shooty given how well that worked out.

With trump in office they have no hook for recruitment. In the white supremacist view, having an alpha white man in office being a thug to mexicans and bombing whoever is a total victory. How do you convince people to take up arms while you're in the middle of total victory? fascists are lazy and not generally forward thinking, particularly in america. the groups will wander apart until another crisis happens, content that the official governmetn white supremacy policies (which are all identical from reagan/bush/clinton/bush/obama/clintrump) will finally secure the existence of their people and a future for white children.

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
i go to that store all the time and am fairly sure i have married met that woman
haha i have RT on at the moment and its some panel discussion about the primaries. and its amazing theyre talking about how almost half the eligible voters in USA are independent and therefore maybe closed primaries should be open to everyone. haha yep my conclusion also, that is whats standing between the USa presidential system and perfectly representatve democracy

c_man posted:

cars posted:

its a good chance that if BAR has covered a topic then my position is closer to them than to another interpretation after accounting for my obviously impeccable marxist theorizing that i do all the time using various complicated charts and things like you would see getfiscal post.

i, too, basically defer to BAR in more or less everything that goes on in current events

whats BAR.

black agenda report
ahhhh of course. yeah they own

Petrol posted:

c_man posted:

cars posted:

its a good chance that if BAR has covered a topic then my position is closer to them than to another interpretation after accounting for my obviously impeccable marxist theorizing that i do all the time using various complicated charts and things like you would see getfiscal post.

i, too, basically defer to BAR in more or less everything that goes on in current events

whats BAR.

Keven posted:

I bet Don Trump would do the special secret kind of racism he knows because of the R next to his name and Clinton Wouldn't do it. (Black prison population.jpg falls out of my shirt) whoops sorry I was using that to keep my shirt from irritating my nipples while I ran.

it's funny for me as someone who works with native people because at the national level the GOP and Dems are pretty equal there (mostly agnostic, generally neither being as nearly as bad as the people on SCOTUS or the redneck locals) but Trump has exact kind of long record of anti-native sentiment that you'd expect from an atlantic city guy

also, stalin never called his enemies cucks
trump doesn't call his enemies that either because he belongs to the older wiser version of that set where you realize that you benefit a lot more from blaming women for being promiscuous instead of engaging in neurotic masochism to try to prevent it. also he's a cuckold
swirls is right about the fact that there's a ton of middle-class permastudents here. also middle-class everything else. let's not deny it, i mean, uh the point is to be class conscious here, right?

as far as typing in lowercase it's because obviously correct punctuation spelling and grammar is a bourgeois affectation that only serves to gatekeep lower classes from engaging in discussion. so we have another set of norms that we've collectively and unconsciously constructed on the internet by valuing content over correct form. it also screens out anal blowhards who are so inflexible in their thinking that they can't even deal with someone not using a capital letter. here let me construct an alternative social ontolo---augh lowercase!!1 never mind i'm going home
i sometimes have to delete what i've written and write it again in lower case to maintain forums discipline
in before "you can skip the second step"
smash capitals

drwhat posted:

swirls is right about the fact that there's a ton of middle-class permastudents here.

this is a forum of Job havers and there is nothing that makes me want to post here less than a bunch of old maid hand wringing derived from the lowest-grade agitprop

OH NO MY LIFESTYLE. MY BLACK BLOC. MY FAILURE TO GROW ROCKET BOOTS AND FLY AWAY FROM CLASS CONDITIONS get over it.
you're responding to swirlswithhistory seriously, is everything okay catlord

thirdplace posted:

also, stalin never called his enemies cucks

you don't know that

afaik we have engineers, electricians and other trade workers, lawyers, industrial workers, bartenders, other service workers, on top of the complement of writers, artists and young people just starting out, and the people i know here who are in school are there to get a degree in getting employed, it's fine to just survive in this wretched world, but it's cool to have a Job on this forum & if it it weren't i wouldn't post here because it would attract the exact sort of degenerate bohemian scum i left anarcho-squats to escape when i grew the fuck up. tHE r H i z z o n E
we also can read a text message buy some glasses grandpa and i'll email you some articles on what emojis mean (what they look like) god Damn

drwhat posted:

smash capitals

cars posted:

afaik we have engineers, electricians and other trade workers, lawyers, industrial workers, bartenders, other service workers, on top of the complement of writers, artists and young people just starting out, and the people i know here who are in school are there to get a degree in getting employed, it's fine to just survive in this wretched world, but it's cool to have a Job on this forum & if it it weren't i wouldn't post here because it would attract the exact sort of degenerate bohemian scum i left anarcho-squats to escape when i grew the fuck up. tHE r H i z z o n E

forum of people advocating for the working class consists primarily of working people; nonmarxists and consistent class erasers shocked, awed

I'm a trade worker.