Makeshift_Swahili posted:

herbsaint posted:

I don't think either of those need context, but this last one is Hua Hin beach, in Thailand. The green area is a single (primarily private) golf course.

golf courses are a unique blight. in some of my australia pics there appear to be multiple golf courses right next to each other.

I've been thinking about this for a little bit and I think golf courses are a uniquely shitty blight because they're both a tepid, subdued rich man's neutering of nature for leisure and also because of the sheer capital n physical space they take up. I don't feel the same type revulsion when I look at an industrial farm--which is still admittedly terrible--maybe because at least some of it is useful for general welfare, in that it provides food. But golf courses genuinely shouldn't exist, they're spots of commodified nature and essentially inaccessible for any meaningful strata of the working class.

herbsaint posted:

I've been thinking about this for a little bit and I think golf courses are a uniquely shitty blight because they're both a tepid, subdued rich man's neutering of nature for leisure and also because of the sheer capital n physical space they take up. I don't feel the same type revulsion when I look at an industrial farm--which is still admittedly terrible--maybe because at least some of it is useful for general welfare, in that it provides food. But golf courses genuinely shouldn't exist, they're spots of commodified nature and essentially inaccessible for any meaningful strata of the working class.

they're also tremendous wastes of water, labor, energy etc

I think back in in the old lf days i roughly calculated that if you paved over all the golf courses (and possibly the associated golf neighborhoods, i forget) in and around las vegas with plain solar panels you would generate more electricity than the hoover dam's rated capacity. i was probably drunk so idk if that was accurate but its funny. And then I looked at arizona and phoenix had like 3 times as many.

also if you did that there would probably be twice as much water behind the dam too.

murder every golfist
don't forget home lawns. was talking with some syrian arrivals in my hometown a few weeks ago and they were confused and horrified that we use so much space for literally nothing. when i told them we have to do water rationing in the summers and have specific days when people are supposed to water their lawns, not to mention that some communities will fine you if your lawn isn't up to standards, they thought I was just fucking with them at first.

and they've just seen the cozy old small town neighborhoods. the soccer field sized mcmansion lawns i've worked on are probably featured in an ISIS recruitment video.
I enjoy the sport of golf, which is why i live in a giant desert
i don't think anyone is actually good at golf, it's pure social performance. it's the closest most of them can get to Touring The Lands on horseback with servants

i have a deep suspicion of and aversion to bourgeois Sport Activities but i also want to be around people and do a thing. what do
yeah but you think they'd be satisfied driving the streets in their corvettes bought with the salaries of ten laid off employees
clearly golf is ideology, but what's the most ML approved sport?
how would someone even be good at golf, thats like being congratulated by your peers and medical providers for the impressive speed at which your body is manufacturing tumor cells
getting buff
and team sports that focus on cooperation i guess
also chess
actually,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buzkashi

tears posted:

getting buff

i see my earlier posts have inspired vigor in the youth.

golfing is the bougie version of hiking. no actual dirt, just manicured landscape and grass. go to yosemite instead. they have a good museum there that makes you feel nice and guilty for existing, as it spells out how the native people who lived there for generations were plucked out and killed or forcibly moved for the white settlers to make money selling passes to go on little private trails.

now the government runs it and they give/gave/(got?) the natives a nice reservation of land where im sure there arent many problems and they do pretty well with their games of "chance" and et cetera. the fact that it looks like heaven there at yosemite only makes it more poignant. im gay

none of this is revolutionary but its probably better than watching the next episode of ink master or whatever we do nowadays. going outside is pretty cool. or so i hear.

[account deactivated]

Themselves posted:

going outside is pretty cool. or so i hear.

mods could we please get a ban on this guy for insane anti-rhizzone rhetoric?

Basketball is probably the marxest sport because it is a team game and all of the players' positions are equal. It is also played on a relatively small space, indoor or outdoor, and requires little in the way of specialized equipment, making it accessible by all the world - even the disabled, it's probably the most popular wheelchair game. I believe it is also the least physically dangerous to the players by a substantial margin.

Soccer is probably next because success generally requires mass action with coordinated efforts by all of the comrades. Again, very little specialized equipment needed, but requiring much more open space. The main problem with soccer is that there is still class division, as not all players in the game are bound by the same rules, goalkeepers are privileged above the masses of their comrades in the outfield and that privilege is granted both by class and by border lines. Coincidentally, America sucks at international soccer but has a reputation for great goalkeepers.

Makeshift_Swahili posted:

This is what the Titans used to catch when they went fishing (circa 10,000 bc).

MarxUltor posted:

Basketball is probably the marxest sport because it is a team game and all of the players' positions are equal. It is also played on a relatively small space, indoor or outdoor, and requires little in the way of specialized equipment, making it accessible by all the world - even the disabled, it's probably the most popular wheelchair game. I believe it is also the least physically dangerous to the players by a substantial margin.

Soccer is probably next because success generally requires mass action with coordinated efforts by all of the comrades. Again, very little specialized equipment needed, but requiring much more open space. The main problem with soccer is that there is still class division, as not all players in the game are bound by the same rules, goalkeepers are privileged above the masses of their comrades in the outfield and that privilege is granted both by class and by border lines. Coincidentally, America sucks at international soccer but has a reputation for great goalkeepers.

Football is the Marxest sport

the marxist sport is the sport that is coolest where you live. so it is football
[account deactivated]
lenin said that shooting squirrels is for children. so cross that one of the list and then keep going like that
[account deactivated]
fuck, nice sig aerdil

cars posted:

lenin said that shooting squirrels is for children. so cross that one of the list and then keep going like that

*hurridly pushes half gutted squirrels behind back, smell of blood and viscera hangs in air*

i am considering asking my commie friends if they want to make an airsoft team and practice guerrilla larping.
some reactionaries i know do so already ... apart from making me uneasy they seem to have a good time so why the hell not.

i dont have any money to buy the air rifle tho, and i dunno whether or not its actually useful

MarxUltor posted:

I think back in in the old lf days i roughly calculated that if you paved over all the golf courses (and possibly the associated golf neighborhoods, i forget) in and around las vegas with plain solar panels you would generate more electricity than the hoover dam's rated capacity. i was probably drunk so idk if that was accurate but its funny. And then I looked at arizona and phoenix had like 3 times as many.

also if you did that there would probably be twice as much water behind the dam too.

murder every golfist

If you did that there probably wouldn't be any water behind the dam - solar farms are incredible water hogs

xipe posted:

i am considering asking my commie friends if they want to make an airsoft team and practice guerrilla larping.
some reactionaries i know do so already ... apart from making me uneasy they seem to have a good time so why the hell not.

i dont have any money to buy the air rifle tho, and i dunno whether or not its actually useful

Organize a range day and you can just rent the gun

Urbandale posted:

If you did that there probably wouldn't be any water behind the dam - solar farms are incredible water hogs

presumably you're taking about solar thermal plants that boil water rather than photovoltic panel arrays? cos the panel farms dont use up any water and are good, u can even graze underneath then and don't lose much gras productivity if u do it right.

Aidsfailians, heard recently that capitalism ft. a big el nino year has destroyed more of the gbr than ever before to the point where it really is in a total death spiral, will our specicide know no limits

http://coralreefwatch.noaa.gov/bleachingreports/press/GD-2016-0040-BleachingStatus-AsAt12-April-2016A.pdf

who the fuck am i kidding, the earth'll b dead and so will all of us before capitalism relinquisihes its death grip to the people who actually live on this planet

rip earth, rip human race

MarxUltor posted:

tears posted:

its so depressing, phosphates mined off by capitalism, island left as a ruin and like u said poisoning the oceans, population existing on imported soda and bad food, used as a detention camp for refugees that aus dont want. damn

apparently the phosphates are the result of accumulated guano deposits over the years. i was reading about the importance of guano mines to agriculture in the 19th century, especially on islands just off the coast of peru. on the chincha islands they used chinese indentured servants, the dangerous work/fumes caused very high mortality rates

guano was so lucrative that the US passed legislation designed to make annexation of such areas easy:

"Whenever any citizen of the United States discovers a deposit of guano on any island, rock, or key, not within the lawful jurisdiction of any other Government, and not occupied by the citizens of any other Government, and takes peaceable possession thereof, and occupies the same, such island, rock, or key may, at the discretion of the President, be considered as appertaining to the United States."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guano_Islands_Act

Edited by Chthonic_Goat_666 ()

Thats almost as bad as Guano, the metal band I was in in highschool. Our intention was to sound like 'Ted Nugent and Megadeth'
Girls Unified And No Others
so i just found that this idiot thing i wrote about staring at google earth while high was posted by someone on bunkermag, bt without all the good pictures....ho hum

http://bunkermag.org/940-2/

but more importantly no acconwlegement of the rhizzone

Hey all just to make things clear: I'm getting buff so that I look good on camera and to girls and NOT because a permacollege web child posted about it on the web forum where I promised to become hitler.
Sorry to interrupt looking at photos of grass and saying how gross and bad it is but I couldn't let that stand.

tears posted:

so i just found that this idiot thing i wrote about staring at google earth while high was posted by someone on bunkermag, bt without all the good pictures....ho hum

http://bunkermag.org/940-2/

but more importantly no acconwlegement of the rhizzone

that sucks. they seem to have pretty ok content though, congratulations on having a post good enough to steal

i tweeted at them about it, idk.

It's an anarchist website "how the Italian punks beat heroin"