yes
i am already voting from the pool of republican candidates all the time
i think the question is extremely important in practice because there seems to me to be a large gap between Twitter lefts calling ppl they disagree with brownshirts and part of the left saying Trump is same ol same ol. you can't have it both ways (or maybe you can) but it seems very confusing to me
its both OP
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/432796/working-class-whites-have-moral-responsibilities-defense-kevin-williamson

It is immoral because it perpetuates a lie: that the white working class that finds itself attracted to Trump has been victimized by outside forces. It hasn’t. The white middle class may like the idea of Trump as a giant pulsing humanoid middle finger held up in the face of the Cathedral, they may sing hymns to Trump the destroyer and whisper darkly about “globalists” and — odious, stupid term — “the Establishment,” but nobody did this to them. They failed themselves.

If you spend time in hardscrabble, white upstate New York, or eastern Kentucky, or my own native West Texas, and you take an honest look at the welfare dependency, the drug and alcohol addiction, the family anarchy — which is to say, the whelping of human children with all the respect and wisdom of a stray dog — you will come to an awful realization. It wasn’t Beijing. It wasn’t even Washington, as bad as Washington can be. It wasn’t immigrants from Mexico, excessive and problematic as our current immigration levels are. It wasn’t any of that.

Nothing happened to them. There wasn’t some awful disaster. There wasn’t a war or a famine or a plague or a foreign occupation. Even the economic changes of the past few decades do very little to explain the dysfunction and negligence — and the incomprehensible malice — of poor white America. So the gypsum business in Garbutt ain’t what it used to be. There is more to life in the 21st century than wallboard and cheap sentimentality about how the Man closed the factories down.

The truth about these dysfunctional, downscale communities is that they deserve to die. Economically, they are negative assets. Morally, they are indefensible. Forget all your cheap theatrical Bruce Springsteen crap. Forget your sanctimony about struggling Rust Belt factory towns and your conspiracy theories about the wily Orientals stealing our jobs. Forget your goddamned gypsum, and, if he has a problem with that, forget Ed Burke, too. The white American underclass is in thrall to a vicious, selfish culture whose main products are misery and used heroin needles. Donald Trump’s speeches make them feel good. So does OxyContin. What they need isn’t analgesics, literal or political. They need real opportunity, which means that they need real change, which means that they need U-Haul.
i don't know how to feel about that article. on the one hand, it's national review, so it bitches way too much about welfare. on the other hand, while it totally misses the causes, it hits the results right on the head. on the other other hand, fuck national review. on the fourth hand, lol that this is their tactic
the way to feel about that article is lmao trump trolled the gop elite into blatantly unmasking their disdain for the working class. and not just white working class, because this is simply the logic of accusing black culture for black oppression transposed on to white poors.
yeah that's factually true but: whitepoors are actually garbage
agreed. they are morally repugnant disgusting peopel and they deserve to be poor and white
i find it shocking that the supervillains feel disdain for their expendable henchmen

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

The truth about these dysfunctional, downscale humans is that they deserve to die. Economically, they are negative assets

a totaly unshocking look into the fucked up conciousness of the bourgiousie

i'm goatstein. i'm a hate-addled misanthrope to a degree that sometimes makes me uncomfortable. like i'm talking to my children about anything and my first instinct is to belt out loathing of the human race on any topic. i have to suppress this lest any conversation about like basketball on TV turn into a psychotic rant about how people spend hundreds of millions of their tax dollars on new stadium so rapists can play Pointless Retardball in style but can't cough up 1/1000th of that on methadone clinics or no-kill shelters. from a rip in a dimensional membrane comes parallel universe goatstein. he is just like me but with a goatee and is insanely racist and possessing half the jokes and half the IQ. he eats me and gains my power and weight. i mean literally. he Highlanders my power and doubles his mass. my blood and viscera drip down his double chin and hamclaws as he wheezes fatly and his watery, recessed, paranoid hog-eyes dart around at eagle speed. he screams for the end of the Sun as he punches his wife and boat-races three tubes of oxycodone. he is the animus of the white american poor on Earth - 1 and why someone would not seek his immediate death is beyond my comprehension

Edited by le_nelson_mandela_face ()

i'm all about peace and stuff but i actually think that peoples' minds are basically made up and can only change from generation to generation, and we, as a culture, have gotten really excellent at indoctrinating people into ideas that are not only wrong, but evil

so i'm not saying anybody deserves to die exactly, but some people definitely don't deserve to vote

if only we had some sort of strong leader to unite behind
wow i went and read that article and now i regret making light of it, even in my abstruse fashion. wow. whatever weasel cooked that article up is awful.
I didn't realize the National Review started printing neoreactionaries now.
As America gets less white the more blatant fascist opinions will get out in the open.

Every political crisis in the West is just making the public more and more reactionary. Poverty is fueling drug addiction? Blame the users. Immigrants are coming to the heart of the empire from their bombed out countries? Kick em out.

Every problem the West runs into is an opportunity for it to see its own absurdity and abandon its insane capitalist mission. Except it doesn't.

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

i'm goatstein. i'm a hate-addled misanthrope to a degree that sometimes makes me uncomfortable. like i'm talking to my children about anything and my first instinct is to belt out loathing of the human race on any topic. i have to suppress this lest any conversation about like basketball on TV turn into a psychotic rant about how people spend hundreds of millions of their tax dollars on new stadium so rapists can play Pointless Retardball in style but can't cough up 1/1000th of that on methadone clinics or no-kill shelters. from a rip in a dimensional membrane comes parallel universe goatstein. he is just like me but with a goatee and is insanely racist and possessing half the jokes and half the IQ. he eats me and gains my power and weight. i mean literally. he Highlanders my power and doubles his mass. my blood and viscera drip down his double chin and hamclaws as he wheezes fatly and his watery, recessed, paranoid hog-eyes dart around at eagle speed. he screams for the end of the Sun as he punches his wife and boat-races three tubes of oxycodone. he is the animus of the white american poor on Earth - 1 and why someone would not seek his immediate death is beyond my comprehension

lol. the zaniest part about this post is the suggestion that you'd need a parallel universe to find a racist goatstein.

Please don't troll
you can espouse everything that Americanism teaches, all of its vaunted ideals of supremacy and the Taxi Driver outlaw cleanin' up this fuck ugly town, but because you know communism is cool and mostly got bad rap and you don't necessarily parrot Fox News you are able to see yourself as an above-the-fray distinguished analyst of social life. call it the goatstein effect
i dont think i'm a distinguished analyst although considering that the four SA forums posters i know who got a commentary gig are boniface being matt taibbi minus research, deadken covering a couple of genuine insights in a triassic stratum of gibberish/lacan references, brown moses horking sour milk smelling neocon grundle, and mccaine doing an impression of what it would be like if the world's boringest man built a robot that was programmed to write about marxism, i think i could break into the game with the right connections
[account deactivated]
nobody's read it even tho we all want to ya dingus

tpaine posted:

you ever read my book goaty

I didn't know you wrote a book! What is it?

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
can i read your book tpaine
I'd l;ike to be sent the book so I can intend to read it but never actually get around to

tpaine posted:

it probably sucks. i gave it to a few people here but no one actually reddit but roseweird who had the absolute zero stupidest reaction to it. whatever

is that why she stopped posting? peering behind the veil of tpaine did her in?

[account deactivated]
if tpaine sent me his book i would actually read it and write a review of it either on this site or for buzzfeed politics, salon, or huffington post. unfortunately he's too cowardly.

Unbeknownst to her, a big black man was watching the entire ordeal, from the accusation to the beating.

"I saw what you did," says the black man, "and now you're gonna get what's coming to you".
liberals in klan outfits, violent black trump supporters, this crazy election. the first one is to be expected of course.
tpaine, you know you can trust that goatstein hates troops as much as you do. send him your book
he already did. i apologize to tpaine, i've never gotten around to reading it. i suck and am gay
I've never read t paines book about how troops are bad (?) but if I had I bet wouldn't have laughed when he posted that he's the only guy around here thinking original thoughts.
i've been waiting and waiting for some trump supporters to show up to a rally with coils of rope, but it's taking forever. are we really so impoverished as a nation? is the white middle class so ruined? that they can't afford rope?
slate star codex man's review of the art of the deal:

I started the book with the question: what exactly do real estate developers do? They don’t design buildings; they hire an architect for that part. They don’t construct the buildings; they hire a construction company for that part. They don’t manage the buildings; they hire a management company for that part. They’re not even the capitalist who funds the whole thing; they get a loan from a bank for that. So what do they do? Why don’t you or I take out a $100 million loan from a bank, hire a company to build a $100 million skyscraper, and then rent it out for somewhat more than $100 million and become rich?

As best I can tell, the developer’s job is coordination. This often means blatant lies. The usual process goes like this: the bank would be happy to lend you the money as long as you have guaranteed renters. The renters would be happy to sign up as long as you show them a design. The architect would be happy to design the building as long as you tell them what the government’s allowing. The government would be happy to give you your permit as long as you have a construction company lined up. And the construction company would be happy to sign on with you as long as you have the money from the bank in your pocket. Or some kind of complicated multi-step catch-22 like that. The solution – or at least Trump’s solution – is to tell everybody that all the other players have agreed and the deal is completely done except for their signature. The trick is to lie to the right people in the right order, so that by the time somebody checks to see whether they’ve been conned, you actually do have the signatures you told them that you had. The whole thing sounds very stressful.
lmao. i think i just decided to become a real estate developer. now i just need a ten million dollar loan from my dad and i'll be set.
https://twitter.com/Michelgrabowy/status/707446911930933250