HenryKrinkle posted:

aerdil posted:

the first mention of donald trump on the rhizzone that wasn't just a mention in a block-quote of some article:

http://www.rhizzone.net/forum/topic/2738/?page=1#post-104596

iirc there was an americannazbro post in response to this image where he predicts him becoming president but i can't find it.

seriously it's driving me nuts that i can't find this.

[account deactivated]

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

Actually what's funnier is thinking about the military refusing illegal orders. Last time all it took was a few functionaries in the justice department to write a permission slip. Like a season 1 Family Guy joke.
Gosh Quagmire I feel bad about torturing those people.
Aw, don't feel bad, Peter!
Huh, I never thought of it like that!

i watched an episode of that show recently

goatstein, do you plan to see the movie batman versus superman when it arrives in theaters
The importance of the profound ideological kinship between the secular messianic aspirations of American exceptionalism and Zionism should not be forgotten. It doesn't mean that their special relationship is, has been, or will be, immutably set in stone. But it is a phenomena that can't be replicated with any of the other MENA sentry states.

That real fratricidal frisson persists nonetheless between the two worldviews is demonstrated by phenomena like the Trump campaign, and this points to the real (potential) flexibility of U.S. foreign policy. To what extant this will manifest itself in actual practice remains to be see. Such infighting should be welcomed by all those in solidarity with the Palestinian people, but it should always be borne in mind that the flip side of this is a real political regression.
so in this case, Batman would represent zionism, which is exactly the opposite of the usual symbolism of Batman.

cars posted:

goatstein, do you plan to see the movie batman versus superman when it arrives in theaters

hell no.

which movies are you excited to see this year
i'll never forgive trump for what he did to jeb bush. jeb was a good man, a good catholic.

ilmdge posted:

i'll never forgive trump for what he did to jeb bush. jeb was a good man, a good catholic.

I legitimately loled at this

i wanted to consider the european denouncement of trump. can't remember which government leaders are doing this (and im sure they perceive the trouble of working with the US with trump in charge, even if they are not dealing with things not immediately related to imperialism), but could this possibly be a reaction to the potentially disastrous emergent situation for NATO? as in, NATO can't depend on U.S. intervention with the same certainty as before.

if i remember right, the whole iran coup thing was largely driven by the british to secure oil and prevent nationalization of oil companies; the "heavy lifting" was just done by the americans. someone as schizophrenic as trump cannot be seen as a dependable agent of imperialism.

Edited by Peelzebub ()

http://www.alternet.org/election-2016/5-reasons-why-human-species-deep-trouble-if-trump-becomes-president-according-noam

CIAomsky has become a tool of the democrats
Projected climate change numbers if Clinton elected vs if Trump elected the graph

babyhueypnewton posted:

http://www.alternet.org/election-2016/5-reasons-why-human-species-deep-trouble-if-trump-becomes-president-according-noamCIAomsky has become a tool of the democrats

since when he hasn't been? i guess that one time when he gave shout outs to his homeboy pol pot. tbh khmer rouge was pretty cool back then so youd have to be someekind of racist to think that man those guys might be doing something not-so-good

chomsky's had the exact same line on elections since forever
noted anti-communist supports the lesser of two fascisms

cars posted:

probably captain america. i'll take my daughter to zootopia tomorrow

i could maybe see batman v. superman if its irony levels are over 9000
like, if there's slapstick scenes where they accidentally kiss on the mouth.

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

cars posted:

probably captain america. i'll take my daughter to zootopia tomorrow

you gonna wear your fursuit?

that feel when you go to a halloween party and a dude shows up in a fursuit
i like how the repub debates are suddenly civil now that we've gotten rid of that Carson guy, like that one black guy was really the one coarsening the debate
after the mich primary everyone insta-forgot about flint again and if you looked to the horizon you could see the column of smoke pouring out of michael moore's ears

camera_obscura posted:

i like how the repub debates are suddenly civil now that we've gotten rid of that Carson guy, like that one black guy was really the one coarsening the debate

when i was talking with a sanders supporter / Loose Change fan i know, he predicted that carson, cruz and rubio would all sink to the bottom of the pile quickly because republicans are racists. i predicted that carson would soon fall out because of the unconscious visual cues caused by right-wing voters actually looking at a black man as he argues with white men, but cruz & rubio would go the distance because all the non-trump republicans want to believe they aren't racists and so their ideal candidate is someone with a funky "ethnic" last name who looks exactly like a WASP from a banking conference. this story would just be me bragging about being right except i'm describing winning an argument with a guy who tried to explain the melting point of steel i-beams to me using a disc golf putter he pulled out of a bag attached to his dog.

If great triumphs elude you, take pride in the smaller victories, comrade.
i read that as "lf triumphs" and thought, "the thing where i always ask to be mod isn't even funny and that happened so fuck you", but that was my bad so i've sinned in my heart.
i encourage lording it over Democrats with correct foreign policy predictions at least since that's one of the few cases where communists can demonstrate the power of analysis to other people in the u.s. without teaching a cram session beforehand on how the world works. then again i still think it's cool to convert petty-bourgeois Democrats into fellow travelers and that's considered worse than useless by a lot of people here, i think.
i hear a bunch of bernie supporters and trump supporters are cosplaying as communists and fascists and they're fighting in the streets of chicago
https://twitter.com/cordeliers/status/708482740434440192
http://archive.is/jk4B1

antifa is bad now.

ilmdge posted:

i hear a bunch of bernie supporters and trump supporters are cosplaying as communists and fascists and they're fighting in the streets of chicago

usually this stuff is more like, CNN doesn't know how to describe people unless they are holding up big signs with famous white people's names on them

HenryKrinkle posted:

https://twitter.com/cordeliers/status/708482740434440192http://archive.is/jk4B1

antifa is bad now.

lol

Turning Trump into a free speech vs. censorship issue would be one of several outcomes a domestic Gladio would count on provoking, imo.
combating bourgeois notions of 'free speech' is a necessity for the left and there's probably no better time to win that fight than now
the dude who wrote the book about the shitty libyan war is calling people liberals for censoring the free speech of racists. what the fuck? i thought free speech was the "liberal" concept?

it's not even like it's actually about fucking speech. it's 2016. going to a place to see a guy talk isn't the only method of hearing that guy's ideas. it's not even a very good way of doing so, relative to the obvious options.. and that's without getting into the fact that this particular guy has metabolized every last atom of media oxygen for the last three months. this fuckin guy!
i guess people are worried this will be used by hillary/bernie fans. which is true, but who cares? should we refrain from protesting the KKK because liberals might join in?

thirdplace posted:

it's not even like it's actually about fucking speech. it's 2016. going to a place to see a guy talk isn't the only method of hearing that guy's ideas. it's not even a very good way of doing so, relative to the obvious options.. and that's without getting into the fact that this particular guy has metabolized every last atom of media oxygen for the last three months. this fuckin guy!

i'm waiting for the first photo of a trump supporter showing up with a coil of rope

i want to make sure i have this straight, are people here actually thinking that shit got started at a republican or democratic event in chicago by someone other than 1) anarchists & other radicals or 2) police?
the bernie sanders did not go there to fistfight the donald trump supporters. they went there for the same reason the donald trump supporters went there, to take pictures of shit with their phones and maybe get swept up in things when the people with actual plans to get rowdy put them into play. all of you were once witness to things like that right? i thought that's why we all started posting together?