:madmedico:

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/12/john-and-alleged-prostitute-busted-by-drone-face-criminal-charges/

Alleged john, prostitute busted by drone, face criminal charges

Beware the sousveillance state: Anyone can film you in public.

An Oklahoma man has received the distinction of being the first "john" in the state to be criminally prosecuted and arrested after being caught in the act by a drone. Local police records show Douglas Blansett, 75, was arrested and released on Thursday. That's according to local anti-prostitution Oklahoma City-based activist and private investigator Brian Bates, who has run JohnTV.com for years, a collection of videos of suspected sex workers and their johns.

It was Bates' drone that earlier this year took video of what he believed was a man picking up a woman named Amanda Zolicoffer that he described as a "known prostitute." Both Blansett and Zolicoffer now face a misdemeanor charge of "engaging in an act of lewdness."

Footage of the bust, which took place in March 2015, was first posted in August 2015.

"She's a prolific presence on South Robinson," Bates told Ars, referring to Zollicoffer.

Bates described the neighborhood south of the Oklahoma River as a low-income area that is a hotbed of prostitution. He claimed that since beginning to turn up with his video camera and drone—which he has not flown as part of a bust since—that streetwalking has fallen noticeably.

In the video, Bates appears to be driving a car, following not only the john's car, but also another car that he believes may belong to the prostitute's pimp. He tails both vehicles to a tire yard. Concerned that the lookout car may include a "violent pimp," Bates pulls over and launches his drone.

At the 4:06 minute of the video, Bates' drone begins its flight, quickly finding a white pickup truck. The drone lowers itself to near the windshield. After a few moments, the clothed male driver, who had been leaning over onto someone sitting in the passenger seat, seems to notice, and he sits back down and drives away.

A local district attorney, Scott Rowland, who did not immediately respond to Ars' request for comment, told News 9 that it's perfectly legal for private citizens to take footage via drone and turn it over to the police. "When a civilian uses a drone and then provides the video to law enforcement, there are no search and seizure or other Constitutional issues, because the Constitution does not protect against the actions of private persons—only government actors," Rowland said.

Zollicoffer has pleaded not guilty and has a court date set for December 9, 2016. Similarly, Blansett has pleaded not guilty and has a court date set for January 7, 2016.

btw the idiot w/ the drones doesn't identify as a feminist. just a holier-than-thou snitch.

http://archive.wired.com/culture/lifestyle/news/2004/11/65502

Bates, a baby-faced 34-year-old marketing professional who calls prostitution a "plague of immorality," estimates he's caught several hundred such meretricious exchanges on tape. Over the years, he says he's had local thugs fire shots at him, prostitutes mace him, and johns try to run him down in their cars. ...
"My goal, though, is to educate the community that prostitution is not a victimless crime between two consenting adults," Bates said. He considers the victims to be the wives of the johns who are exposed to sexually transmitted diseases, the neighbors who are left to pick up the dirty condoms and whose children see the lewd acts, and the prostitutes themselves, who are frequently drug addicts (KrinkleNote: who will be assisted in life by being locked in cages i guess).

the brown moses of creepy prostitution surveillance fetishism
[account deactivated]
that cat is wild man
i likeits ears
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
who knows, maybe its a cuddly citty
what a fancy cat
You can shoot a man, piss on a sitting president, rob a fuckign grandma, it DOESN"T MATTER where the video comes from, as long as its a private citizen adn not us

-sgt long jansen
[account deactivated]
Carceral Feminism:
Hit Dice: 4d8+12 (30 hp)
Initiative: +0
Speed: 5 ft. (1 square)
Armor Class: 15 (–1 size, +6 natural), touch 9, flat-footed 15
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+12
Attack: Slam +7 melee (1d6+7)
Full Attack: Slam +7 melee (1d6+7)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft. (20 ft. with vine)
Special Attacks: Constrict 1d6+7,entangle, improved grab
Special Qualities: Blindsight 30 ft., camouflage, immunity to electricity,
low-light vision, plant traits,
Saves: Fort +7, Ref +1, Will +2
Abilities: Str 20, Dex 10, Con 16, Int —, Wis 13, Cha 9
Environment: Temperate forests
Organization: Solitary or patch (2–4)
Challenge Rating: 3
Treasure: 1/10th coins; 50% goods; 50% items
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 5–16 HD (Huge); 17–32 HD (Gargantuan); 33+ HD (Colossal)
Level Adjustment: —
related:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/netherlands/12059110/Driving-instructors-may-offer-lessons-in-return-for-sex-Netherlands-government-confirms.html

looking forward to our brave new neoliberal future where women will be expected to fuck on command in order to access basic services or employment
the vice-prime minister of the netherlands last name is Asscher

postposting posted:

related:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/netherlands/12059110/Driving-instructors-may-offer-lessons-in-return-for-sex-Netherlands-government-confirms.html

looking forward to our brave new neoliberal future where women will be expected to fuck on command in order to access basic services or employment

paradol ex was right

postposting posted:

related:

isn't it already that?

methlabretriever posted:

postposting posted:

related:

isn't it already that?

Uh no

oh. maybe i'm living in a different world or something
private detective Brian 'bates
i couldn't imagine the torture you are going through
https://www.reddit.com/r/sex/comments/3yafyp/advice_into_a_sick_and_pretty_dangerous_kink_dont/

take it easy, lady!
hmmm
[account deactivated]

"My goal, though, is to educate the community that prostitution is not a victimless crime between two consenting adults," Bates said. He considers the victims to be the wives of the johns who are exposed to sexually transmitted diseases, the neighbors who are left to pick up the dirty condoms and whose children see the lewd acts, and the prostitutes themselves, who are frequently drug addicts (KrinkleNote: who will be assisted in life by being locked in cages i guess).

if theres ONE thing i hate about Prostitution, its all the goddamn condoms!!!!!!

*phone rings* "Amanda Zolicoffer? Mmmhmm, ok.....Hey everyone, im looking for Amanda Zolicoffer....I SAID I need A-Man-Da-Zolicoffer!"

*entire bar snickers as an autonomous Zolicopter flies down and takes a picture*
sup superabound

cars posted:

sup superabound

everything is bad

did you get your hair ripped off

Superabound posted:

if theres ONE thing i hate about Prostitution, its all the goddamn condoms!!!!!!

i found a syringe in the gutter once and had the whitest thought of my life: "should i call the police". nice work. you've cracked the case gumshoe

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
bump
some day a real drone will come, to wash the scum off the streets.....heat seeking automatic firing missiles aND a turret mounted on them too