Exciting development: now unemployed and dumped, likely moving in with my dad by the end of the week.

What are you drinking?

i'll have what he's having
lots of water and juice for lots of going outside! be sure to stay hydrated, it's summertime!
im drinking bourbon. im at my parents' place right now although i have an apartment in the city. i did however have to ask them to loan me money to stay afloat until i get more tutoring work at the end of the summer. as the failson of the family this was not shocking to them.

im also here to try to spend time with my ex, whom i still love and who is not interested in being with me. i will see her tomorrow night at a sad street fest entitled Downtown BACON Throwdown & Music Fest, where the headliner is Pure Prairie League, the sad and forgotten band from the 60's and 70's. my dad laughed about them still existing. i had never heard of them.

my parents live in a place surrounded by corn fields, where it is quiet. i was used to it when i was young but i've lived in the city for awhile. it feels incredibly alone. i'm drinking bourbon again.
red wine like usual
[account deactivated]
I took theweekend off to go to Cape Cod
A few weeks ago I realized that even though I've been working for 23 months since law school, I've only been making student loan payments for the last 18, so I actually have 8.5 years left until that ridiculous debt gets wiped clean, instead of 8 years. So needless to say I've been drinking a lot lately. Mostly tecate, sometimes with lime to fight off scurvy. Often with a tequila chacer to fight off the depression
been sleeping at my parents watching the dog while theyve been out of town but they get back tomorrow. dont really know what im doing after that. i applied to 63 jobs this week according to excel but learned my ex has (understandably) canceled my phone line so i wont know if i got a callback or interview request. i feel like i had finally sketched out a decent trajectory - i was in school, i was going to propose (i was ring shopping a few months ago) - and now ive had to start over from scratch (not that she owes me anything obviously). i can handle this but before she left she said shed like to to talk about getting back together in six months, but we could never be friends. it seems fairly obvious to me she was just being nice while saying goodbye but im in such a state that it almost seems like it could be real if i could get my shit together and become a worthwhile person again. this back and forth has inspired self-loathing of a sort that i havent really dealt with before and has made basic functioning very difficult. i guess i just had to type this.

Edited by Urbandale ()

im not bitter about what happened and i would certainly engage in a relationship with her again if she wanted to, since i still love her regardless of her feelings about me. this might make me a coward (though i suppose i dont really care) but could result im similar feelings to the ones she had that led to the end of the relationship. circumstances are different, so i dont think a similar result would occur in this role reversal though. also im drunk as fuck, sorry if you read this
that was surprisingly coherent for drunk as fuck
i have a tendency to brood and be very exact in speech patterns irl which comes out more through text when drinking imo.

Edited by Urbandale ()

im drunk on life. jogged 3 miles to work cos cant afford bus fare. mad endorphines.