i find a ton of beer harder on my system than comparative (by alcohol content) amounts of liquor, tbh.
[account deactivated]

TG posted:

in my experience it helps to get drunk first and then get a little high and it just makes you the best kind of fucked up: the social lubrication of the drunkenness with the thought process of being high. if you are high first and then get drunk its not nearly as good because yeah you just kind of clam up while thinking cool thoughts. although maybe thats not what you did. i dunno, it probably helps if you already smoke weed erryday because then its not as intense of an experience

this is the way to go.

[account deactivated]
cant believe i never told this story before:

the first time i got drunk i was at a friend's place and the day after drinking (i had drank a huge amount, HUGE), when i woke up, no one was there. it was me alone in this house and i knew that my friend's mom was going to be home at any minute, i had to act fast. freaking out, extremely hung over and also still quite drunk, i left the house and began walking really far while continuing to lose it. i eventually got to a country club that was empty for some reason (the big house or whatever was empty and left unlocked, people were playing golf way in the back though). i went into the big country club mansion and puked all over their really nice hallway that had a chandelier and everything. it was a lot of puke and it got everywhere. i actually stayed there for a bit after i threw up and went walking around it looking for something to eat or drink (i didnt find anything).

after that happened, i was walking down a pathway leaving the country club and some guy pulled up to me in a truck, hailed me over, and asked me "uh were you sick? looks like someone just threw up in our building." i said "oh no, sorry not me, im just on a walk. im a family friend of mr. somethingorother" and he said "ok" then just drove away. im a very large person so i guess that's why he didnt stop me.

i was thoroughly paranoid at that point, so i went through this forested area to try to get somewhere where the police wouldn't find me. keep in mind i had not drunk any water the night previously or in the morning either, so i was probably delirious. i got to this busy road and i ended up walking a few miles down it until i got to an area with housing. i found this nice garden in some random person's backyard with a bench on it and i tried to rest on the bench for a little bit while i waited for a friend to come and get me. i ended up waiting on that bench while going crazy for two hours until a friend eventually picked me up. to this day i still don't know how i didnt die of something related to dehydration and exhaustion. oh yeah, it was like 100% humidity too, real hot, and terrible...

i wish i could tell more people this story, but they would probably look at me differently after hearing it lol

Edited by Peelzebub ()

the moral is: i have never gotten a hangover after that because i drink an immense amount of water after drinking. i also don't have my BAC go above a .10 anymore either...

even with that low of a bac i still feel a little sick actually, not hungover, just unwell. i still dont know how those women (females have less water per unit of weight in their bodies than males) that are under ~130 pounds survive after drinking far more than me.

edit: hmm i probably shouldnt have just said women. i am always amazed at how much anyone can drink, a lot more than me at least. i only said lighter women because they would get the most intoxicated from the least amount of alcohol.

Edited by Peelzebub ()

Peelzebub posted:

the moral is: i have never gotten a hangover after that because i drink an immense amount of water after drinking. i also don't have my BAC go above a .10 anymore either...

even with that low of a bac i still feel a little sick actually, not hungover, just unwell.

Like: Raised temperature? Dry Skin? Light Retching?

yeah i never get hungover either, just kinda feel slightly (or very) sick
[account deactivated]

gwarp posted:

Sorry, I was being unclear. When I get fucked up, I make sure I'm legally responsible by using my binge, college level gimmick breathalyzer (unless you draw/analyze your own blood in which case...) and mitigating dehydration-induced headaches.

[account deactivated]

wasted posted:

gwarp posted:

Sorry, I was being unclear. When I get fucked up, I make sure I'm legally responsible by using my binge, college level gimmick breathalyzer (unless you draw/analyze your own blood in which case...) and mitigating dehydration-induced headaches.

http://celtickane.com/projects/blood-alcohol-content-bac-calculator/

ethanol's metabolism is very well studied and BAC degradation is extremely predictable (.015% / hour). i use that website a lot.

wait you guys don't make use of graduated cylinders and hospital restraints while drinking?
nah i mean like nausea is the only thing ive ever felt. my head never hurts or anything. ill leave the judgement to the experts though
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

Welcoem to the Weekend in Real Life Horrifying Dystopia, where you might as well be at that bar LB427 and where all us jerks get together with incredible stress levels and totally overwhelming sexual frustration to - yes, you've guessed it - binge drink and chain smoke! I am trying my best to keep it to beer and wine because I need to pace the drinking myself to death thing for a while. But lemme tell you my anxiety is already rising and I am looking forward to drinking until I pass out and don't have to dream anymore about going to Mosul. And then I will wake up at 8am because I can't physically sleep in past 8am anymore - and I will go to the breakfast buffet still drunk - and I will be crushingly hungover and depressed, with an even higher sense of anxiety and overwhelming depression - and then that's right around 12:30 I will start drinking AGAIN! WELCOME TO ADULTHOOD!

i hope, in that brief window where alcohol allows a person to feel ok, that you will feel ok for a while. godspeed