im watching the "gamer" svu now and the way they dress up ice t's character as some kind of nerd is extremely uncomfortable and also hilarious. really this whole episode is creepy and weird. real life people who actually who care about video games must be insane.
quick, i need something good to watch, go.
0B5hv6scbBo

gwarp posted:

quick, i need something good to watch, go.

time trumpet

did anyone watch the congress? i thought it was pretty good

c_man posted:

time trumpet

http://youtu.be/svykjQSF4ps?t=9m21s

i watched inherent vice. i don't know if i'd say it's Good, but i enjoyed it. i really hated owen wilson being in it, but that might have been the intended effect, a mockery of wes anderson
I watched it and loved it but had to jet like 10 min before the end to make a show & never watched it again because its like 3 hours long so I don't know how it ends. I think this made me immune to the complaints about it being confusing because I don't actually know what happens.
animedad didn't like it, he said, although i think he just lurks now.
Watched the Caine Mutiny recently, in which much of the humour centered around Bogart acting like his usual Bogart self, with the twist that he is actually a cowardly and insane incompetent. A cowardly and insane incompetent who nevertheless should have been obeyed and supported during his time of mental trials as their legitimate superior the authoritative voice of the defence lawyer Greenwald. In particular Keefer the would artist and intellectual is denounced as being the main subversive.

The film is thus able exorcise the uncanny rigor mortis of the iconic 30s hero-player -rolling out the buzzwords of post-WWII psychology to condemn the aging man as an destructive authoritarian personality that parodies "real" American values, a hold over from an earlier time's childhood hang-ups. But at the same time it puts to scorn the scorner as the real decadent, the real sicko=because he "hates the Navy". Both the little Mussolini and the alienated artist are put to shame. But while the former could have been accommodated by a crew with more good will, the critical spirit of the latter has no natural role.on the ship of state. Thus the stage is set for the fresh faced Keiths of the world, models of healthy mindedness, the blandly unhaunted ones: the ideal servants of the resolute homogeneity of jingoistic imperial democracy.

Edited by RedMaistre ()

Keven posted:

I watched it and loved it but had to jet like 10 min before the end to make a show & never watched it again because its like 3 hours long so I don't know how it ends. I think this made me immune to the complaints about it being confusing because I don't actually know what happens.

i guess it's a bit hard to follow the plot at points, but the main themes are pretty obvious, at least to people who post here. the complaints seem to come from apolitical film reviewers who don't know enough about 60s american political history to get the allusions

bXjnakAlF-s
chris-chan is evidence that gangstalking is real
i began to learn about chris chan and then i stopped because i couldn't really get past the part where the people harassing him on 4chan or wherever talked a minor into having phone sex with him
the whole situation is pretty seriously disturbing to me. its also probably a goldmine for a morbid social sciences grad student looking to write a thesis about the bizarre social relations that are produced by the perverse contradictions present in the postmodern atomized neoliberal imperial core

or something
I watched this short Youtube video on the history of Charlemagne and found it to be presented in an enjoyable and informative fashion.

Part 2 is good as well

getfiscal posted:

I sat next to some old timers in the movie theater and they shuffled out about halfway through, one of them even made the "through with you" gesture where you make the "psht" sound. It's the latest repackaging of irritating winks as well as sexist/racist themes, masquerading as a series of signs that, maybe or maybe not, once had meaning. 1/10

[account deactivated]
ass,

[account deactivated]
Lets all live post the oscars, which we're going to watch.
actually i dont even have a television
i was linked a video on alternative voting systems and it struck me how long voting alternatives been talked about in the US and how weird/jargony most of their proposals sound while also actually being decent ideas to replace a first past the post system (though to be fair, nearly anything beats a first past the post system).

the other thing about them is that its an odd example of how a bourgeois reform can be used to tangibly benefit revolutionary organisations pretty easily

animedad posted:

getfiscal posted:

I sat next to some old timers in the movie theater and they shuffled out about halfway through, one of them even made the "through with you" gesture where you make the "psht" sound. It's the latest repackaging of irritating winks as well as sexist/racist themes, masquerading as a series of signs that, maybe or maybe not, once had meaning. 1/10

Goofy simply wishes to bond with his son through fishing, a traditional pastime, as he had done with his own father. It is neither parable nor allegory. Neither dog was molested, the material does not support this.

Urbandale posted:

the other thing about them is that its an odd example of how a bourgeois reform can be used to tangibly benefit revolutionary organisations pretty easily

disagree.

Agnus_Dei posted:

I watched this short Youtube video on the history of Charlemagne and found it to be presented in an enjoyable and informative fashion.

Part 2 is good as well

lmao. i've never been so disturbed by bizarre voice acting until now. holy shit.

I posted a trailer for The Heart, She Holler recently in the documentary thread. It's not really a documentary though, haha. Anyway, it's extremely good. Here's a clip from a season 3 episode. Spoiler alert I guess.

jqRyttu190Q

It's got David Cross and Amy Sedaris in it, which is good, and made by PFFR, which is also very good, in my opinion. They made Wonder Showzen, and things like that, which are good. You can watch all of The Heart, She Holler on the Adult Swim site. If that doesn't work, it's also all on a private torrent site, called MySpleen, and I can give you an invite to that, if you PM me. God bless.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

PFFR is the most revolutionary art collective to come from my culture/generation and I am proud of them and stand by their work 100%

lol this was also at the height of Iraq War hysteria too, damn

alternatively known as the time I realized in HS how you should Kill The Eichmann Inside Your Head
Wonder Showzen will always be one of the best things that ever happened on TV

Lhu4T_vwxIU
star trek, over and over
i've seen snippets of star trek while channel surfing and it seems like the kind of thing i'd really enjoy if i was autistic.
star trek is real good cos it depicts a future where we have grown beyond petty personal antagonisms and boring human drama and can all be friends having adventures where everything works out
basically neurotypicality and not liking star trek are the 1488th form of liberalism

Petrol posted:

i've seen snippets of star trek while channel surfing and it seems like the kind of thing i'd really enjoy if i was autistic.

I'm sorry, does THIS seem autistic to you?