[account deactivated]
my wife just made me go out to the 24 hr sex shop down the road and buy her an emergency vibrator. not kidding.
none of the hip cool attractive third wave store people would help or even make eye contact with me
[account deactivated]
lol at one poster whos parents pay or everything calling out another poster bc their parents pay for everything

Aspie_Muslim_Economist_ posted:

one of my classmates basically turned his teaching assignment (a nonmajors econ field course) into Marxian econ 101. I never tried anything so ballsy when I had a solo teaching assignment since I figured the department would shut it down immediately and I'd be blackballed for life, but somehow no one has noticed what he's doing and he hasn't been ratted out by a student or colleague.

make him a rhizzone account

getfiscal posted:

hmm... Drama has subsided... Better start some. TPaine... Rap is good. Ah frig I can't lie. Everyone knows rap is terrible. I'm sorry TPaine.

rap is really cool

tpaine will like this one

stegosaurus posted:

UR especially mad mike, walt j, claude young, shake, the stuff from this thread, idk. I don't know that many artists but it seems like theres a certain Sound these guys share, utopian sound clips and that specific synth i can't pin down, layers of percussion, jazzy elements, its good.

besides the obvious sh-101 subtractive synth stuff the big keys to the detroit techno sound were the roland alpha juno and the casio cz-101. the alpha juno especially has "chord memory" which is how u can easily do the transposing 7th chords up & down thing that is all over detroit techno

lifestyle eh, lol.

from my life experience, no one i know thinks that rap is actually "music." it's more of a motivational tool really; i'll be honest, the only reason i did so well in so many chemistry courses after thinking i was terrible at such was because of listening to a lot of trap lol (recurring theme of becoming successful after overcoming insurmountable challenges and working diligently, etc).

if i wanted to listen to music for its aesthetic quality though, i wouldn't listen to rap. just my lowly opinion folks.
[account deactivated]

gwarp posted:

lifestyle eh, lol.

from my life experience, no one i know thinks that rap is actually "music." it's more of a motivational tool really; i'll be honest, the only reason i did so well in so many chemistry courses after thinking i was terrible at such was because of listening to a lot of trap lol (recurring theme of becoming successful after overcoming insurmountable challenges and working diligently, etc).

if i wanted to listen to music for its aesthetic quality though, i wouldn't listen to rap. just my lowly opinion folks.

and it will remain lowly.

[account deactivated]
also once i discovered that the entire breadth of the east indian caribbean musical repertoire is made up of songs glorifying alcoholism, i saw parallels with stereotypical themes in rap as well, embarrassing.

i've tried listening to english islamic music recently for motivation, i don't think it's working lmao.

swampman posted:

and it will remain lowly.

talk about rude

[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

hahahahaha oh my god, 1:37 umma lipp like a bugguba ligga nump but diz on da gehhnhyeee

lmbo i knew you'd love that part!!!

look at the part where he goes into the kitchen to give his mom a giant stack of money while she is washing the dishes. a friend of mine and i watch that and laugh at it every day.

~1:19 lol
[account deactivated]
real music:

not real music:

tpaine posted:

hahahahaha oh my god, 1:37 umma lipp like a bugguba ligga nump but diz on da gehhnhyeee

gwarp posted:

also once i discovered that the entire breadth of the east indian caribbean musical repertoire is made up of songs glorifying alcoholism, i saw parallels with stereotypical themes in rap as well, embarrassing.

i've tried listening to english islamic music recently for motivation, i don't think it's working lmao.

Educated Tug Shit
Never Be Mug Shit

young thug is actually really really really unironically gay and also really popular. i guess that's "good," i don't really know.

RedMaistre posted:

Educated Tug Shit
Never Be Mug Shit

hmm, well this is interesting. thank you friend.

Long Live Palestine
too bad americans are too dumb to follow along. lupe fiasco tried, but then got weird with the conservative, islamic stuff.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
tpaine do u like techno. what do u think of this

tpaine posted:

does anyone actually still click anything emonongoniaeor links?

yep, do you wanna build a snowman

tpaine posted:

Oh hi, Vance. What is your favorite rap song? Oh, Brian, A.K.A. Bri, my favorite is definitely Bruddah Tambo's "How to Steal from the Subway I Work at While Stinking." The beat and autotuning is incredible. I'm a communist on the internet. Well Vance, that's a good track. I like to "bounce" to it while in my Kia.

Too many bottles of this wine we can't pronounce
Too many bowls of that green, no lucky charms
The maids come around too much
Parents ain't around enough
Too many joy rides in daddy's jaguar
Too many white lies and white lines
Super rich kids with nothing but loose ends
Super rich kids with nothing but fake friends

hmm, i think my problem was being trapped in the infinite abyss of trap... these aren't bad.

well, not that bad...

blinkandwheeze posted:

stegosaurus posted:

UR especially mad mike, walt j, claude young, shake, the stuff from this thread, idk. I don't know that many artists but it seems like theres a certain Sound these guys share, utopian sound clips and that specific synth i can't pin down, layers of percussion, jazzy elements, its good.

besides the obvious sh-101 subtractive synth stuff the big keys to the detroit techno sound were the roland alpha juno and the casio cz-101. the alpha juno especially has "chord memory" which is how u can easily do the transposing 7th chords up & down thing that is all over detroit techno

i just went buckwild

[account deactivated]
This is big business. This is the American way.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

this is like the third time i've clowned on rap and someone got the idea to dig up some inlistenable shit that had least had an acceptable message. what are you trying to accomplish other than prove you've been sadly deprived?

Was responding at first to gwarp, not to you. And the one time I did respond to you I was more tying to join in your laughter rather than trying to combat it. Don't really have a dog in the argument whether rap, or any other genre, is good music or not.

Its all fine though.

Edited by RedMaistre ()

to put this all into perspective, it is pretty embarrassing to see a top comment being "who is the girl dancing in the video?" for something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4uLkX7XNqs

it's not an entirely great collection of songs, but good enough for me at least. you could really say anything you want in music and no one will pick it up.
Now, if this was an argument about who's better, Shelley or Keats.....

(Answer is obviously Keats)