when i was in peru the hotel staff would skim the money you kept in your room. it was advised to let them skim as they wouldn't risk stealing all your money and losing their source of income, rather than carry all your money around outside and risk losing it all to a pickpocket/mugging

discipline posted:

Only four glasses of wine tonite I'm afraid...

..are you.. okay? you really should be drinking more.

[account deactivated]
true, but being separated from the one you love is worse, and

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
time to immediately abuse my incredibly minor powers

shriekingviolet was probated until (Feb. 11, 2015 12:33:24) for this post!

[account deactivated]
it's fashion week in new york city so i worked 14 hours today (78 miles ridden) and was too lazy to stop at the beer store on the way home. now i have to make due with a 24 oz coors 4 lonestar bottles and a bottle of some gross brown ale, which is probably good because i'm working tomorrow at 8:30, but only to 7 or 8 probably. hooray!
[account deactivated]
im going to the bar to sit alone and drink IPAs and think about death
[account deactivated]
im gonna go drink some hot sake and eat sushi. kanpai!
going to a party tonight and trying to decide if i should take wine or whiskey. actually as i typed that sentence i realized the answer is whiskey. thanks for the help!
no prob
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
i've got the best shit in town!!

conec posted:

shriekingviolet posted:

going to a party tonight and trying to decide if i should take wine or whiskey. actually as i typed that sentence i realized the answer is whiskey. thanks for the help!

i was going to go to formal dance but my bike is messed up n so now my walk is too longer... cold out,.... not gonna walk far in nice shoes. i hate dances anyway

that's a shame. i love long walks but walking in nice shoes is awful. i'm wearing my giant work boots as I walk tonight, there's freezing rain so hopefully no one runs me over. death is certain

shriekingviolet you should show up to parties w/ fernet that way no one will want any because they ain't real enough and you can drink the whole bottle to yoruself
[account deactivated]

EmanuelaBrolandi posted:

shriekingviolet you should show up to parties w/ fernet that way no one will want any because they ain't real enough and you can drink the whole bottle to yoruself

i have a friend who is really into bitters. besides, an important part of Drinking Yourself To Death is sharing and caring mutually assured destruction

discipline posted:

shriekingviolet posted:

i've got the best shit in town!!

well, what is it? I'm a talisker / ardbeg sort myself

that was just a jenkem joke. good scotch is too nice for parties. i drank Jameson, because i am super predictable.

Also: on my way to the party, a guy tried to mug me as I left an ATM. i sprinted away from him into a busier area of Blasted Strip Mall Hell but there was apocalyptic freezing rain and i fell hard and tore open the ass of a brand new pair of pants. also my knee hurts

needless to say, last night i drank really hard, and tonight i am continuing to drink

shriekingviolet posted:

i drank Jameson, because i am super predictable.

Switch to Bushmills, its the same stuff but like half the price. I work at a liquor store and pay 66 cents a piece for their minis

or might i suggest trying a good tequila or other real liquor
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

idea for DYTD slogan: I don't have a drinking problem, I have a THINKING problem!!

probably good for all of us

I can't get into tequila. It's kind of funny though, when I sell tequila to people they are either ultra white dudebro's or Latin Americans.
Another interesting group of people to watch were the people who wanted to buy Fireball after they had heard that it contained antifreeze.

"Hey I heard this is poisonous!" *Happily thuds gallon of Fireball on the counter*

Edited by walkinginonit ()

walkinginonit posted:

shriekingviolet posted:

i drank Jameson, because i am super predictable.

Switch to Bushmills, its the same stuff but like half the price. I work at a liquor store and pay 66 cents a piece for their minis

there isn't a price difference up here, and i find bushmills to be a little lighter.

when I have the opportunity for a real nice irish I get Redbreast.