HenryKrinkle posted:

oh you're poor and have a child for some reason and are putting salted poison into it. looks like you're on top of things here, which is why i am not giving you advice, and certainly NOT because i don't want to be in the paper tomorrow

[account deactivated]
well remember american regulators are so controlled by the food industry that something slam dunk like alcohol prohibition is considered anathema because right-wing news stories pound it into people's heads that somehow banning the sale of alcohol didn't sharply reduce drinking (it did and it does). the simple idea that i shouldn't be allowed to have a diet that devastates my body is so far outside the mainstream that it's more likely you'd convince democrats to colonize the sun. even something like compulsory exercise would be fought so hard that coke would be runnings ads in people's dreams telling them that the holocaust started with jumping jacks.
[account deactivated]
soda prohibition would probably be better for public health than alcohol prohibition, not just because it is more ubiquitous and harms children who cannot consent to imbibing hazardous substances, but also because alcohol is stone age technology that you can make yourself while coca cola is complicated garbage water that requires more materials and less accessible chemistry knowledge/tools

i only read this page, what are we talking aboot in this thread
[account deactivated]
if you ban coke in canada shriekingviolet i will block out the sun with the bones of those responsible. i'm not addicted though i could stop if i wanted to.
i guess i actually have no idea how comparatively difficult it is to make soda at home because that sounds like a stupid fucking project, whereas my still with a fractional column is one of my treasured possessions

getfiscal posted:

if you ban coke in canada shriekingviolet i will block out the sun with the bones of those responsible. i'm not addicted though i could stop if i wanted to.

this sounds like a win/win situation

[account deactivated]
i dont know what that is, and despite enjoying a broad range of foods like a good little bourgeois i absolutely hate banana and will have nothing to do with it. i was extremely sick as a child and it created a negative association with that banana flavoured child antibiotic stuff and i'll never recover
[account deactivated]
that banana flavoured antibiotic was fucking awful. should have just let me die of strep throat.
oh i see it's one of those. i haven't but last year i did consume a punchbowl of my famous homemade eggnog (6 eggs seperated, whisk yolks with 1 cup sugar and 1tsp cloves 1tsp nutmeg, add 2 cups milk 2 cups cream 1 cup brandy 3/4 cup bourbon 1/4 cup dark rum, whip egg whites until stiff and fold in for fluffy frothy divinity) after it turned out everyone at the party was a fucking vegan, which might put me in a tier above this jackass
making soda at home requires a soda stream, which you should buy because they create valuable jobs for palestinian slave laborers

littlegreenpills posted:

making soda at home requires a soda stream, which you should buy because they create valuable jobs for palestinian slave laborers

actually they are going to fire all those arabs because they are relocating production due to the coalition of the whining.

Actually you can just get a second hand soda siphon for like 2 bucks and a bunch of the little steel CO2 canisters for cheap, and not contribute to the evil empire. Hth
[account deactivated]
OR you could just make your own 180 proof gin and never be sober again. (protip: put a valve at the top of your distilling column that you can stuff a satchel of herbs or an entire fruit into, this will let you infuse the alcohol you distill in an efficient manner)
[account deactivated]

Petrol posted:

Actually you can just get a second hand soda siphon for like 2 bucks and a bunch of the little steel CO2 canisters for cheap, and not contribute to the evil empire. Hth

me: i'm thinking of buying a new honda fit.

you: why wouldn't you just buy a minivan from a scrapyard and put in a new engine?

shriekingviolet posted:

OR you could just make your own 180 proof gin and never be sober again. (protip: put a valve at the top of your distilling column that you can stuff a satchel of herbs or an entire fruit into, this will let you infuse the alcohol you distill in an efficient manner)

i'm straight edge.

[account deactivated]

getfiscal posted:

shriekingviolet posted:

i'm straight edge.

addiction is a vulnerability that is created more by emotional distress and social alienation than by the immediate reaction of substances with the brain, and the detrimental effects on health of most drugs are more a matter of unhealthy diets and poverty than the direct physical effects of intoxicants

that said, i am completely dependent on painkillers to function on any given day and on alcohol to deal with the strain of interacting with this stupid planet, my body is an aching hollow shell, oh, and i vote.

(i dont vote)
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

shriekingviolet posted:

getfiscal posted:

shriekingviolet posted:

i'm straight edge.

addiction is a vulnerability that is created more by emotional distress and social alienation than by the immediate reaction of substances with the brain, and the detrimental effects on health of most drugs are more a matter of unhealthy diets and poverty than the direct physical effects of intoxicants

that said, i am completely dependent on painkillers to function on any given day and on alcohol to deal with the strain of interacting with this stupid planet, my body is an aching hollow shell, oh, and i vote.

shriekingviolet posted:

(i dont vote)

[account deactivated]
https://soundcloud.com/mcmangos/american-slaves

tpaine posted:

lol if you're not dependent on alcohol to interact with the planet.

never tried it. don't see the point. in this moment, i am euphoric. not because of any phony god’s blessing. but because, i am enlightened by my intelligence.

tpaine posted:

shirkingvbiolet get real drunk and listen to this on full blast

teepee last time you posted this i did just that. i have a speaker system and amp stolen from a university lecture theatre and the whole block can hear it outdoors when i crank it. and now i'm going to do it again. <3

tpaine posted:

shirkingvbiolet get real drunk and listen to this on full blast

for real one day i'm going to play this at a shoegaze show and i will be hailed as a new god. and rightly so.

[account deactivated]
my new life goal is to arrange a meeting with getfiscal in a bar and seduce him into drinking until he pukes

shriekingviolet posted:

my new life goal is to arrange a meeting with getfiscal in a bar and seduce him into drinking until he pukes

sure i'll do that. but you get to live with the results. if i start rambling about how i once gave poisoned food to a homeless man and watched him eat it or whatever i'll still sleep like a baby every night because i'm an atheist and i'm at peace with that. you'll be the one who starts self-cutting with old liberal party campaign pins again. ok in reality we'd probably be great friends and i'd try depanneur wine with you as we throw small rocks at cyclists in quebec city one day.

[account deactivated]

getfiscal posted:

shriekingviolet posted:

sure i'll do that. but you get to live with the results. if i start rambling about how i once gave poisoned food to a homeless man and watched him eat it or whatever i'll still sleep like a baby every night because i'm an atheist and i'm at peace with that. you'll be the one who starts self-cutting with old liberal party campaign pins again. ok in reality we'd probably be great friends and i'd try depanneur wine with you as we throw small rocks at cyclists in quebec city one day.

that sounds really good, except for the part where you allege i have liberal campaign pins, which is perhaps the most dire insult i have ever endured in my life

shriekingviolet posted:

that sounds really good, except for the part where you allege i have liberal campaign pins, which is perhaps the most dire insult i have ever endured in my life

ten years ago i was a member of the liberal party of canada. and now i'm an anarchist. as wyclef jean once said: anything can happen.